Reaction score
Saw where he old RB coach was talking about him fairly candidly and it seems like Christy just doesn't gaf.

Hopefully a few chicken soup for the soul sessions with Garrett will turn him into a football lovin RKG.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yes. If it were some clueless organization like the Raiders or Skins, I'd have more faith. But these guys obviously know what they're doing. They basically chose Fred Jackson over him, a guy we thought couldn't play.

I thought he could be what we're essentially asking Michaels to be. A short-yardage/goal-line back.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
All we did was beat other teams to the punch with the trade. It's conditional, so who cares?

Reaction score
Looks like the Cowboys are throwing a lot of spare parts at the RB position. If you have 4 RBs, do you have one?

Nice that Christy is more of a power back, though. Here's hoping the Seahawks somehow squandered and misunderstood him.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought they were super high on this guy, but reading about him, he seems like a headache.

Reaction score
I had been saying the Cowboys needed a guy like Nile Davis and this dude kind of fits that mold. It adds depth just in case there are some injuries. Hell who are we kidding, when McFadden gets hurt. Bring him in now so he can learn the playbook ect.

Reaction score
And, it's only a conditional 7th. Good move. I like it.

From what i read, it’s a conditional 7th based on that he plays a certain number of games. If he doesn’t, no pick for Seattle. I think it was great trade for the Cowboys. Low risk, high reward.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The Raiders and the Ravens gave up on McClain. The Broncos gave up on Mincey. We have a way of making lemons from other folks lemonade or they don't stick around long.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
QUESTION::::

Anyone else find it puzzling that the reigning NFC Champs would basically give Christie away to their most likely NFC rival this year?

I thought about that but maybe it was a situation where we were the only ones willing to offer a pick. If they were gonna cut him anyway he would've still ended up with us. Might as well get something out of it.

Reaction score
Might be that Michael can only really do one thing well and that's why Dallas got him. One year in Jason's tenure I keep hearing about is when Julius Jones started the games and then Marion finished them. But my guess is that Linehan and Jason are planning more of an offense that Linehan had with Reggie Bush and Joique Bell. Lots of delayed handoffs and screens. Michael would be Bell.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm going to spend all day trying to make lemons out of lemonade.

Reaction score
Guy has a ton of talent, but as mentioned, is a head case. Was in the doghouse at A&M under two coaching staffs. Also had some fumbling issues. But if the light bulb comes on, he's a pounder who can excel in short yardage and goal line. Also, a pretty decent blocker and receiver in the passing game. All in all, good move for the price

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
it's a reflection of McFadden's injury history. only a matter of time before he pulls, breaks or tweaks something.

Some of the Cowboys writers seem to think it might have something to do more with not trusting Randle

Reaction score
McClain came up HUGE last season. These second chance guys are great. The upside far outweighs the risks.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
McClain came up HUGE last season. These second chance guys are great. The upside far outweighs the risks.

agreed, I much prefer these types of risks

I hate trade ups where we give up 2 picks for one player. Its hard to be a sniper in the draft, you're better off with a shotgun (of picks)

Top Bottom