Quality Starter
Reaction score
September doesn't look too bad.

Ny, kc, st.louis, at the chargers

Bye in week 11

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
4 out of last 6 on road..with a bye in there...other than that..very favorable...looks really good

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Whole summer to get ready for ny, then a bye before we play them again.

Then the nice turkey day break before Chicago.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why does it matter where we play whoever... It's still eight home, eight away. Not like we're going to open with four road games in a row or something.

I guess I don't see it. It all comes out in the wash anyway.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sorry, it matters to me.

It's entirely different playing at home to start and finish.

Brings a ton of excitement to the games.

Getting the giants on snf at home and the redskins on snf at home is huge.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1 Sep 8 8:30 GIANTS
2 Sep 15 1:00 AT CHIEFS
3 Sep 22 1:00 RAMS
4 Sep 29 4:25 AT CHARGERS
5 Oct 6 4:25 BRONCOS
6 Oct 13 8:30 REDSKINS
7 Oct 20 1:00 AT EAGLES
8 Oct 27 1:00 AT LIONS
9 Nov 3 1:00 VIKINGS
10 Nov 10 8:30 AT SAINTS
11 BYE
12 Nov 24 4:25 AT GIANTS
13 Nov 28 4:30 RAIDERS
14 Dec 9 8:40 AT BEARS
15 Dec 15 4:25 PACKERS
16 Dec 22 1:00 AT REDSKINS
17 Dec 29 1:00 EAGLES

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I understand why you care which games you get to see in person as a season ticket holder, I just don't buy that it impacts the team's overall success.

The only thing I don't like is that I see we have five noon games in the first nine weeks. (And two more the last weeks of the season though they can be flexed.) That has to be a record in recent times, doesn't it? I hate noon games!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly it might be one of the more favorable schedules that we have had in years. Open at home, close at home. We end the season with Philly, a team that's probably going to suck this year.

Late bye week for the first time since I can remember.

About the only negative is the trade off for the home open/close appears to have been going on the road before and after Thanksgiving.

I wonder what made them change their mind about Thanksgiving vs Oakland instead of Denver. That had been reported for weeks.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
bye week before @ny and long break after thanksgiving before @chi...this schedule is incredibly favorable

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why does it matter where we play whoever... It's still eight home, eight away. Not like we're going to open with four road games in a row or something.

I guess I don't see it. It all comes out in the wash anyway.

It matters when almost year after year they have us starting on the road against a very tough opponent, then have us close away too (which has happened a ton since the mid 90's)

I think its also helpful to have the bye late rather than early (where we have it most years)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...e-easy-slate-makes-dallas-cowboys-a-contender

2013 NFL schedule: Dallas Cowboys a contender

other teams blah blah blah

The 2012 non-playoff team that has perhaps the best chance of advancing deep into the postseason this year is Dallas. Returning a relatively strong roster, the Cowboys face just one of NFL's top-five powerhouses. It can be argued fairly that every game on their schedule is winnable.

And dbair... Still don't see why it matters. If you start with tough teams, you have easier teams later. Again, it all comes out in the wash. It's not like the opponents aren't already decided.

I do wish we had a better game on Thanksgiving. It was kind of nice last year playing a decent team in a game that meant something, though the outcome turned out to be awful.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's is going to be a great year at the stadium.

If any of u guys have not been to a game here yet, this is the year to come. Great set of home games and the only one that will have a bad crowd is Oakland, but it's turkey day so the crowd is always good.

I am pumped.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
bye week before @ny and long break after thanksgiving before @chi...this schedule is incredibly favorable

my impression as well. I cant remember the last time I felt this good about the schedule.

my buzzard's luck continues. The Cowboys play in San Diego the Sunday after USC plays Arizona State here. Means a late Saturday night game and then an early morning drive to SD Sunday morning, with no time to actually enjoy San Diego.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
my impression as well. I cant remember the last time I felt this good about the schedule.

my buzzard's luck continues. The Cowboys play in San Diego the Sunday after USC plays Arizona State here. Means a late Saturday night game and then an early morning drive to SD Sunday morning, with no time to actually enjoy San Diego.

stop bellyaching

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Andy Reid's home opener in kc should be difficult. He knows us inside out and that should be a tough crowd.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Andy Reid's home opener in kc should be difficult. He knows us inside out and that should be a tough crowd.

Not really worried about KC. They are butchering their OL (which was one of the few strengths of the team), have a suckass QB that they overpaid to get and a pretty ho hum defense. Their crowd will be good I'm sure, but they stink as a team.

Top Bottom