nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A buddy of mine who works at the Four Seasons in Maui spoke to Michael Bennett and he thinks we have the potential to be great if it weren't for our HC and he believes Richard would take the reigns and get us to that next level...
If only Jerry could see what the rest of the league sees...

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Perhaps we can pin this and keep a running list of all these ridiculous stats and bad records the cowboys keep breaking. Feel free to change the title as well

Here's a start Ive cut and pasted from another thread, I'll try to post the source whenever I can find it:
So this is where my yim hangs out! :p

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
A buddy of mine who works at the Four Seasons in Maui spoke to Michael Bennett and he thinks we have the potential to be great if it weren't for our HC and he believes Richard would take the reigns and get us to that next level...
If only Jerry could see what the rest of the league sees...
He does. That's why Richard is still here.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
“Romo didn't have the it factor to make people around him better. I think when I was there he thought he was bigger than the team. It was like Romo and then the team. Like nobody in the locker room is really going to respect you like that. I really don't respect him as a player based on what he did to the team where a lot of people didn't see.”

"He was a great player and got all the numbers and stuff but I'll take Dak over Romo any day because Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."

When asked to clarify his remark about making people better, Hatcher went on to criticize Romo even more.

"Romo was feeling like he was a Brett Favre and I'm like 'dude, you ain't do nothing. What have you done? You got your own space that you leave ... don't come in the locker room an interact with your teammates, but you call yourself a leader? Nah, partner. It don't work like that.'

Hatcher was asked about what happened around the time the Cowboys fired Phillips and if the team quit on him?

"Let me tell you something. I'm going to tell you the truth. I saw Jason Garrett sabotage this man."

When asked if Hatcher believed that he said, "absolutely."

"We ran three plays three freakin plays (before Wade was fired). I don't care what the media say. We was flying around. We was out of pads in week 7 (in 2009). We was beating people's heads in. Now we go into camp cupcake (in 2010) and do what Wade don't want to do. We get in pads, we beat each other down. We tired, we not fresh. And then you go and call three or four plays (Garrett on offense) till this man gets fired."

Here ya go Doomsday, where ever you are.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Wonder how long it’s going to take the Jerrah to make a splash in free agency. All this attention on the Cleveland Browns and their acquisition of OBJ has got be driving him crazy. I really hope he will sign ET3 and solidify the back end of our defense. This young man has a lot of tread left on the tires and would be a huge difference maker. In addition he is a good kid. I know his mother personally and he comes from a great family. Aside from his frustration with Seahawks ( rightfully so) he has been a tremendous leader and worker and teammate. He has done nothing but win since his high school days at West Orange Stark and UT. Safeties are productive well into their thirties. This guy is a potential HOF player. The Cowboys can make it work. I know they have players to pay but it’s time to go all in. If Jerrah wants to win a SB before he meets his maker he better get on with it. We have drafted well over recent years. Now is the time to add a few proven free agents to help get us over the top. Chris Richard will find a way to keep Xavier Woods and ET3 on the field together. ET3 would provide an immediate boost and put Jeff Heath back on the bench where he belongs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DLaw, Prescott, Zeke, Byron Jones, Cooper.

If we signed any of those guys away from other teams would that be a "splash"?

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Good luck ET3 in Baltimore! So glad you received the third contract you earned. I know in your heart you wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy but I also know how challenging it must have been dealing with the Jones. Best wishes to you over the next four years. I look forward to watching your hall of fame induction and speech.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wonder how long it’s going to take the Jerrah to make a splash in free agency. All this attention on the Cleveland Browns and their acquisition of OBJ has got be driving him crazy. I really hope he will sign ET3 and solidify the back end of our defense. This young man has a lot of tread left on the tires and would be a huge difference maker. In addition he is a good kid. I know his mother personally and he comes from a great family. Aside from his frustration with Seahawks ( rightfully so) he has been a tremendous leader and worker and teammate. He has done nothing but win since his high school days at West Orange Stark and UT. Safeties are productive well into their thirties. This guy is a potential HOF player. The Cowboys can make it work. I know they have players to pay but it’s time to go all in. If Jerrah wants to win a SB before he meets his maker he better get on with it. We have drafted well over recent years. Now is the time to add a few proven free agents to help get us over the top. Chris Richard will find a way to keep Xavier Woods and ET3 on the field together. ET3 would provide an immediate boost and put Jeff Heath back on the bench where he belongs.

With the death grip that Stephen has on Jerry’s wallet you might be waiting a long time before they spend any significant money in FA.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
but theyre not on other teams, theyre on the cowboys

and re-signing those players is just maintaining the status quo

youre a worse team without those players, but you are the same team with those players

I honestly don’t know why anyone is surprised they haven’t signed anyone elite in free agency yet. That’s the way they have done business for a few years now. They plan to resign their own and build through the draft. Adding talent to this team is not going to come in the form of giving someone else’s cast off a record breaking contract. Adding talent is going to have to come through the draft because Stephen isn’t going to spend money the way Jerry used to.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
but theyre not on other teams, theyre on the cowboys

and re-signing those players is just maintaining the status quo

youre a worse team without those players, but you are the same team with those players

So there's no chance players here improve huh? OK

The point I made (that you missed) is we have several guys who will command large contract extensions. We really need to keep those guys. if it weren't for having so many of those all at once, we probably would be more willing to dive into early free agency and sign a couple highly sought after free agents.

There's probably not that many teams right now who have that lengthy a list of guys that they need to pay first.

And just because a team makes "splash" moves doesnt guarantee any success in the regular season. The Redskins had how many years of winning the "offseason Super Bowl" and what did that get them? Remember that Eagles "Dream Team"??

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the death grip that Stephen has on Jerry’s wallet you might be waiting a long time before they spend any significant money in FA.

They spent money to keep guys like Smith, Fred and Martin did they not?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know why anyone is surprised they haven’t signed anyone elite in free agency yet. That’s the way they have done business for a few years now. They plan to resign their own and build through the draft. Adding talent to this team is not going to come in the form of giving someone else’s cast off a record breaking contract. Adding talent is going to have to come through the draft because Stephen isn’t going to spend money the way Jerry used to.

He spends money, it just seems the preference is to spend it on their own guys.

It's a great idea if 1) You have talent and 2) have good coaching. We have 1 of those.

Top Bottom