yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Barry Switzer eating a hot dog doesnt look so bad after all.

Garrett would look fine with that team too, talent covered a multitude of idiots and then the talent ran out and all we're left with is Buffoons incorporated

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Garrett would look fine with that team too, talent covered a multitude of idiots and then the talent ran out and all we're left with is Buffoons incorporated

Im sure Red could have messed that up. He's squandered 13-3 and 12-4. And 13-3 as OC. The guy is the under achiever poster child.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Im sure Red could have messed that up. He's squandered 13-3 and 12-4. And 13-3 as OC. The guy is the under achiever poster child.

well, he was on one (or 2, can't remember) of those teams and they managed to overcome his presence, it doesnt appear he does much more now than he did back then ;)

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
well, he was on one (or 2, can't remember) of those teams and they managed to overcome his presence, it doesnt appear he does much more now than he did back then ;)

Oh he does more, way more. Its evident in the failures.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys unlikely to extend coach Jason Garrett's contract

• i

Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas - According to sources, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones is not expected to extend the contract of Jason Garrett, short or long term, as the head coach enters the final year of his contract.

While Jones can always change his mind, Garrett will be coaching for his future in 2019.

On Wednesday, Jones was asked on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas about a potential extension for Garrett.

"None of that is anything that I would talk about in this forum in any way and so we won't get there," Jones told the Cowboys' flagship network. "I think I've made clear how I feel about Jason in terms of where he is right now as far as our ability to help us win football games. I think if you look at what we've done over the last few years you'll see a pretty good winning record there. (But) it's not enough, not enough."

Jones added he wants to benefit from the experience Garrett has gained since taking over full-time in 2011, calling him a "great safety net for everything that we're going to do with a young staff like we've got. I think we're in an ideal position."

Kellen Moore, who turns 30 in July, was named the offensive coordinator on Thursday, taking over for Scott Linehan. Jon Kitna, 46, who had two stints with the Cowboys as a backup, will be a first-time NFL quarterbacks coach after coaching mostly at the high school level. Marc Colombo, 40, earned the offensive line coach after taking over the job on an interim basis midway through the 2018 season.

Garrett directed the Cowboys to the playoffs in 2018 with a 10-6 record, becoming the first team in franchise history to open a season with a 3-5 mark and make the playoffs. He has a 77-59 regular-season record and a 3-3 playoff record with the Cowboys never advancing past the divisional round of the postseason.

After the season ended, Garrett said there had been no conversations with his agent, David Dunn, and the team on a new deal.

This would not be the first time Jones has made Garrett coach out the final year of his deal. After three straight 8-8 finishes from 2011-13, Garrett entered the final year of his contract needing to make the playoffs to earn a new deal.
The Cowboys went 12-4, won the NFC East, won a wild-card game and saw their chances of winning at Lambeau Field against the Green Bay Packers derailed when Dez Bryant's fourth-down catch at the goal line was overturned by replay.
Less than a week after that loss, Garrett signed a five-year, $30 million contract.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ys-unlikely-to-extend-jason-garretts-contract

Cowboys unlikely to extend Jason Garrett's contract

(for video see link above - wont work with nfl media videos yet)

The Dallas Cowboys are apparently comfortable employing a lame-duck head coach.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Cowboys are unlikely to extend Jason Garrett's contract, per a source informed of the decision.

ESPN first reported the news.

Garrett has one year left on his contract, a time most organizations use to hammer out an extension to avoid a lame-duck season, According to Rapoport, however, the Cowboys appear set on Garrett proving it another season.

It's not the first time Garrett has entered a season with one year remaining on his contract. After back-to-back-to-back 8-8 seasons in his first three years as the Cowboys' full-time coach, Garrett entered the 2014 campaign without an extension. The Cowboys proceeded to go 12-4 and win the NFC East.

The coach avoided the chopping block this season, winning seven of the team's final eight games to swipe another division title. After a home playoff victory over Seattle, Dallas got dashed from the playoffs in a 30-22 loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the Divisional Round.

Unless owner Jerry Jones changes gears in the coming months, Garrett must double-down on this year's run to keep his job in Dallas.

The Cowboys announced Thursday that Kellen Moore would take over offensive coordinator duties and former signal-caller Jon Kita would take over the QB coach position, as Dallas attempts to reimagine a stuffy offense.

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Wednesday, Jones offered a pertinent view of his head coach.

"I think I've made clear how I feel about Jason in terms of where he is right now as far as our ability to help us win football games," Jones said, via ESPN. "I think if you look at what we've done over the last few years you'll see a pretty good winning record there. (But) it's not enough, not enough."

The Cowboys now want Garrett to win bigger before handing him a contract extension.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We fan deserve better than this hot garbage
So let me get this straight as far as options for next year:
  1. we tank another season where we perpetually underachieve and Garrett finally gets fired or...
  2. Garrett delivers the season of his life (meaning NFC Championship or better) and were saddled with this clapping tard for another god knows how many years
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...
I've always been of the mind set that my best off season would be Jerry reuniting with Al then maybe, just maybe, we fans can start really believing that the best might be yet to come
Have to say option 1 may be what I'm rooting for sadly...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can’t take credit for creating it

Only stealing it
It's not "stealing" it's "redistribution." Bone up on your leftist code words. Decoder ring not applicable.

Top Bottom