ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dan Marino won 8 playoff games including a conference title game win. He also at least played in a Super Bowl. Not a good comparison to make with Romo.

Wasn't comparing him to Romo. I was comparing him to Dilfer, who got it done. So he must be better.

Curious, are you guys blaming Dak for the one and done last year? Because that was basically the exact same situation as 2007, which I'm sure you guys blame Romo for.

Last edited:

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo was literally a gift from the gods for this franchise. Jerry was controlling everything and making bad decision after bad decision in relation to player personnel. If not for Romo, I would hate to see the long line of incompetent QB's that would have been starting for us.

I actually think Romo's ability helped Jerry realize that maybe he had to relinquish control a little bit and get some other opinions in here to help with personnel.

Tony Romo for all his critical int's and mistakes gave at least myself a reason to watch this cluster fuck organization again

Reaction score
Hoping we go 3-13 next season just so Garrett is exposed for the millionth time. He ran Romo off and will be blamed if things go south.

Plus, even if the team goes undefeated, Ginger will choke away any chance at a playoff run by trying to coach. Might as well get a better draft pick instead.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo was a good QB. Not a great QB. He is what he is which is an unstaffed free agent.

He was never able to push the team over the top and get us to the SB. He will NOT make it into the HOF. He will be placed into the Ring of Honor some day and I have no problem with that. He holds most of the Cowboy passing records. Other than the one that matters most which is Super Bowl wins and is the one singular reason every player in the NFL plays the game.

History will show we are better off without him and that Dak was the right route to take.

I will give Romo one thing, if not for him the Cowboys would have been the Cleveland Browns for the last two decades because we would have shuffled through numerous QB's and head coaches for the last 20 years.

He was good enough to keep us semi relevant, but not good enough to carry the franchise on his back to the Super Bowl

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Just from what I've been hearing so take it for what's it's worth but apparently CBS has a clause in Romo's contract that will allow him to return to the field only if the Cowboys come calling. Also Romo stated the Cowboys are the only team he would consider coming out of retirement to play for. They released him in order to allow him to keep all of his signing bonus. If he had retired without the release he would have owed money back to the Cowboys. Jerry had no interest in forcing Romo to pay that money back.

Has the report regarding the CBS contract been confirmed?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wasn't comparing him to Romo. I was comparing him to Dilfer, who got it done. So he must be better.
Which, isn't anything at all like what i was saying. But I think you know that. You cannot intelligently argue against my point so you simply mis-state it then argue against that.

I am saying only that the Denver game where we ended up losing owing mostly to Tony's late brainless pick, sums up his entire career. Great numbers, amazing moments, and quite entertaining but in the end he shits the bed at the worst possible times and yes, no matter all the excuses outside of this, he never got the fucking job done.

This has nothing at all to do with any other quarterback.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Curious, are you guys blaming Dak for the one and done last year?
Do you not read? We lost that playoff game for one reason only - the idiotic instruction to Dak, to spike that ball when and where we did. That's been stated over and over. Ginger lost us that game. We had it in hand and we had them reeling and running out of time before the gift of the spike.

And for the last time - nobody blamed Romo for anything. Some of us merely stated facts about his bed wetting and bed shitting habit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I will give Romo one thing, if not for him the Cowboys would have been the Cleveland Browns for the last two decades because we would have shuffled through numerous QB's and head coaches for the last 20 years.
Without him we might have drafted a actual quarterback, like some who have won super bowls over the last 20 years. Without him we might have built a decent defense, instead of figuring we could just outscore people. Without him we might not have wanted to stand pat on sooooo many things, including coaches.
I'm watching the NFL network and the teaser that they had right before the break had me rolling

"If you had to sum up Romo's career in one word it would be confusing"

"For every 4th quarter comeback there was an epic fail"

That shit had me busting up

Then they have a panel of four ppl and they ask them if Romo will be a HOFer and they all say no!

And before you Romo butthurters jump on the bandwagon to come to his aid remember one thing

It's only funny cuz it's true!
I am shocked they had this level of objectivity erupt. All I ever saw was mindless worship while I was watching.

One thing for sure, Romo belongs in the SeeBS booth - he'll be right at home with all the other morons in sports broadcasting and writing, who think Ginger is a "great coach."
Tony Romo for all his critical int's and mistakes gave at least myself a reason to watch this cluster fuck organization again
I'll definitely give ya that point. We always wanted to watch. But then again, none of us could help watching a train wreck either.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The part where he can only leave for the Cowboys?
I don't buy it. Why would Romo come out of retirement and bail out the clapping clown he now allegedly hates? If he does come back surely it's going to be for another team.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Romo's interview on The Fan? He basically said he would beat Garrett at a battle of the wits, and I believe he added "hands down".

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did you guys hear Romo's interview on The Fan? He basically said he would beat Garrett at a battle of the wits, and I believe he added "hands down".

No, was that just now?

Love that from Tony. But I hope he realizes outwitting Garrett isn't saying much.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

strange thing to say, what was the context that lead to that statement?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
strange thing to say, what was the context that lead to that statement?

It was brought up in the context of Garrett and Romo being in the same room doing production meetings, and talking about the game. I can't remember the exact question but it was something like. "How do you feel about going into a battle of wits with your ex head coach" or something like that.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Sadly, Garrett is beating Jerry at a game of wits, "hands down".

Top Bottom