Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just put your fears to rest right now, dammit!

Joneses: No issues with Tony Romo's back - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas

ARLINGTON, Texas – Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones have no worries about the state of Tony Romo's back.

Romo
Romo did not practice on Monday, two days after he was sacked three times and hit once more in a preseason loss to the Miami Dolphins. Coach Jason Garrett said the team wanted to give Romo the day off because of a light practice.

"No issue with his back at all," Jerry Jones said. "As a matter of fact, we all were pleased that he got the kind of test that he got and he is too. There is no issue after being sacked three times there."

Said Stephen Jones, "Still management (of the recovery from surgery). No residual."

The Cowboys will practice Tuesday and have a light workout on Wednesday before taking on the Denver Broncos in Thursday in their preseason finale. If Romo, who will not play against the Broncos, does not practice on Tuesday, the earliest he would return to the practice field would be Saturday.

"I think any owner takes a cringe anytime the quarterback gets hit hard, healthy, not healthy, whatever the situation is," Stephen Jones said. "But that's our game and keep your fingers crossed and hope they hold up."

Stephen Jones said the condition of Romo's back would "not necessarily," be a factor in the team's decision to keep a third quarterback on the 53-man roster. Undrafted rookie Dustin Vaughan is the leading contender behind backup Brandon Weeden.
The comments are quite interesting. They are mostly all..... about.... Vaughan, who gets only passing mention in the article.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Stephen "no brain" Jones said:
"I think any owner takes a cringe anytime the quarterback gets hit hard, healthy, not healthy, whatever the situation is," Stephen Jones said. "But that's our game and keep your fingers crossed and hope they hold up."
Getting your quarterback hit hard is our game? If so why did you need three first round draft picks in the line?

Reaction score
our game = the game of football

where you get hit alot

this isn't rocket surgery agendaman

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
our game = the game of football

where you get hit alot

this isn't rocket surgery agendaman
Reading for context, he is saying getting our QB hit hard is our game.

I always figured keeping your QB upright with a unsoiled jersey was the game.

Jimmy Johnson was careful about what he said in the press, knowing fully well he was planting seeds - and always kept those seeds positive.

You're defending these buffoons?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"We cringe when our quarterback gets hit hard but that's our game."

C'mon now.

Reaction score
If it were just Jerry, I'd dismiss the comment because he's an idiot.

Not really sure Stephen has established himself as an idiot yet, so I guess I'll give Romos back the benefit of the doubt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If it were just Jerry, I'd dismiss the comment because he's an idiot.

Not really sure Stephen has established himself as an idiot yet, so I guess I'll give Romos back the benefit of the doubt.
Two peas in a pod, same genes. Same pea brain.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
"We cringe when our quarterback gets hit hard but that's our game."

C'mon now.

All he's doing is acknowledging that hits are part of the game. Not that the hits ARE the game.

C'mon now.

Unless of course, you think Travis Frederick is saying the same thing with this quote?

Jon Machota ✔ @jonmachota
Frederick on not thinking about Romo getting hit: "You have to assume that he's going to get back up. You have to assume he's gonna be OK."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All he's doing is acknowledging that hits are part of the game. Not that the hits ARE the game.

C'mon now.

Unless of course, you think Travis Frederick is saying the same thing with this quote?

Jon Machota ✔ @jonmachota
Frederick on not thinking about Romo getting hit: "You have to assume that he's going to get back up. You have to assume he's gonna be OK."
Fredrick's not even close to saying hard hits to the QB are "our game."

The Joneses are buffoons, and they say really stupid things. This included.

Jonesisms.

Reaction score
what do you call it when you take a jonesism and against all odds say something even stupider about it

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Fredrick's not even close to saying hard hits to the QB are "our game."
Right, and neither are the Jones'. They are saying the same thing, in different words. That hits are part of the game, and while they may cringe when they happen, they have to assume Romo will be ok.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Right, and neither are the Jones'. They are saying the same thing, in different words. That hits are part of the game, and while they may cringe when they happen, they have to assume Romo will be ok.
The buffoons need to learn to communicate better.

Romo's back is ok, it's "100%" but he's wearing so many layers of kevlar he looks like the Pillsbury Throwboy out there and can't fucking run anymore.

Reaction score
right it's probably the Jones's faulty communication skills and not your retardation as evidenced by everyone telling you how retarded you are

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
right it's probably the Jones's faulty communication skills and not your retardation as evidenced by everyone telling you how retarded you are
It's not my fault that folks, starting with the idiot Joneses, don't mind too much their lack of mastery of the language, and for whatever reason look to give these buffoons the benefit of the doubt.

I don't give them the benefit of the doubt, on anything.

Never thought I would see anyone here defending Jerry or his idiot son Stephen, on anything.

Top Bottom