dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To finally have a safety of the Woody caliber would be awesome
Other issues to fix in that secondary but thats a monster S back there
Not sure how he fits with Clinton-Dix though...

Adams is not remotely close to Woody in terms of coverage ability.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Adams is not remotely close to Woody in terms of coverage ability.
How would you think him and Dix could work together in tandem to help manage that deficiency?
And I will admit I don't know whether one is a free vs. strong or they both play the same position

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How would you think him and Dix could work together in tandem to help manage that deficiency?
And I will admit I don't know whether one is a free vs. strong or they both play the same position

Adams looks to be is more of a true strong safety, he is a great tackler and an exceptional blitzer. I think HaHa has played both but he seems like a better fit at FS.

I am really excited to see what Donovan Wilson does this training camp/preseason (if there is one), don't forget his former DB coach at Texas A&M is now on our staff, so he has a lot of familiarity with him. Wilson really flashed last yr in camp and preseason and should have seen more regular playing time during the regular season.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The coaches probably don't either at the moment.

I'm not for a big splash in this draft … don't see any generational super stars on the board. And after seeing the players added in FA, I'd trade down for extra picks in R1 and R2.

that can get 5 picks in the first 3 rounds rather than 3 ... and 5 of first 100 picks, we could maybe do the same in R3

and still get a top 5 CB and a top 5 WR

other than that take the best defensive playmakers on the board. BTW, the addition of Dix alone does not fix the situation at S (better coverage less pop), and IMO, we have maybe 2.5 LBs on the team.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
Could Dallas be planning a massive draft day trade?

The Dallas Cowboys head into the 2020 NFL Draft with obvious needs along the offensive line and in their secondary. A team that is known for making big moves each year, owner Jerry Jones could be eyeing another big draft-day trade.

An NFL executive told NBC Sports’ Peter King that the Cowboys could target a trade down from the No. 17 overall selection on draft day. Currently holding three top-100 picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, a deal would allow the Cowboys to acquire another top-100 selection and they could still land the player they reportedly love.

The loss of Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick, who retired this offseason for medical reasons, created a massive hole along the interior offensive line. The Cowboys would reportedly love to address it early during the 2020 NFL Draft and reportedly love Michigan center Cesar Ruiz.

dallas_cowboys_150x150.jpg

Viewed as the top interior lineman in the draft class, Ruiz is viewed as a plug-and-play center who could fill in immediately for the Cowboys in a clear area of need. He is considered a mauler with his blocking with the athleticism and tenacity to become a Pro Bowl-caliber player at the position.

If the Cowboys aren’t able to trade down, taking Ruiz with a top-20 selection might be viewed as a reach. But Jones could also use the No. 17 pick to find a shutdown corner to replace Byron Jones and Florida cornerback CJ Henderson could be an option if he’s available.

While plenty of uncertainty remains with the 2020 NFL Draft approaching, it’s clear that Jones and the Cowboys have plenty of cards up their sleeve.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Could Dallas be planning a massive draft day trade?

The Dallas Cowboys head into the 2020 NFL Draft with obvious needs along the offensive line and in their secondary. A team that is known for making big moves each year, owner Jerry Jones could be eyeing another big draft-day trade.

An NFL executive told NBC Sports’ Peter King that the Cowboys could target a trade down from the No. 17 overall selection on draft day. Currently holding three top-100 picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, a deal would allow the Cowboys to acquire another top-100 selection and they could still land the player they reportedly love.

The loss of Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick, who retired this offseason for medical reasons, created a massive hole along the interior offensive line. The Cowboys would reportedly love to address it early during the 2020 NFL Draft and reportedly love Michigan center Cesar Ruiz.

dallas_cowboys_150x150.jpg

Viewed as the top interior lineman in the draft class, Ruiz is viewed as a plug-and-play center who could fill in immediately for the Cowboys in a clear area of need. He is considered a mauler with his blocking with the athleticism and tenacity to become a Pro Bowl-caliber player at the position.

If the Cowboys aren’t able to trade down, taking Ruiz with a top-20 selection might be viewed as a reach. But Jones could also use the No. 17 pick to find a shutdown corner to replace Byron Jones and Florida cornerback CJ Henderson could be an option if he’s available.

While plenty of uncertainty remains with the 2020 NFL Draft approaching, it’s clear that Jones and the Cowboys have plenty of cards up their sleeve.

after Williams and McGovern why do you trust this FO to pick a dominant interior OL?
recent history suggests they don't have a clue … so I'd rather they not gamble and stock young intense players

To me Fred leaving is a matter of depth - can't say I'd feel handicapped with Looney right now. I'm way more concerned with what happens at LG … BTW, it would not surprise me to see their best 5 OL on the field and maybe moved around some. don't expect the same ol' thing during or after the draft

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
after Williams and McGovern why do you trust this FO to pick a dominant interior OL?
recent history suggests they don't have a clue … so I'd rather they not gamble and stock young intense players

To me Fred leaving is a matter of depth - can't say I'd feel handicapped with Looney right now. I'm way more concerned with what happens at LG … BTW, it would not surprise me to see their best 5 OL on the field and maybe moved around some. don't expect the same ol' thing during or after the draft

Well they did also draft Fredrick, Martin, and Tyron. Also we don’t really know what McGovern is yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

JFC dude giving up on guys after 1 yr and 2 yrs? This sounds like lame ****** Zoner thinking to me. Hell one guy didn't even play a single preseason snap and you are writing him off.

Stupid post.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hill is a bust (sorry). jury's still out on McGovern.

You have to give a guy note than 1 year. Too early to say without a doubt he’s a bust. DLaw took about 3 years before he showed anything.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
DLaw took about 3 years before he showed anything.
When was that exactly, when he showed something?

After he said it was "time to step up" with 4 games left last year? Oh wait... NO.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
When was that exactly, when he showed something?

After he said it was "time to step up" with 4 games left last year? Oh wait... NO.

The year before his contract year he started to show up. He dominated in his contract year, which is why he got franchised. They wanted him to prove he could do it again, which he did. He hasn’t done much since he got paid but he had two good years. The point is he eventually showed up. You can’t give up on a guy who is only in his 1st or second year. Some guys just take time to develop.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The year before his contract year he started to show up. He dominated in his contract year, which is why he got franchised. They wanted him to prove he could do it again, which he did. He hasn’t done much since he got paid but he had two good years. The point is he eventually showed up. You can’t give up on a guy who is only in his 1st or second year. Some guys just take time to develop.
So... he didn't put forth any real effort or results until it was Big Money time, and hasn't done shit since he got the Big Money.

Gotcha.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You have to give a guy note than 1 year. Too early to say without a doubt he’s a bust. DLaw took about 3 years before he showed anything.

Nope, I know a turd when I see one. Did DLaw fall asleep in meetings or have to sign a "I promise to try hard" contract?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nope, I know a turd when I see one. Did DLaw fall asleep in meetings or have to sign a "I promise to try hard" contract?

Not that I’m aware of.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So... he didn't put forth any real effort or results until it was Big Money time, and hasn't done shit since he got the Big Money.

Gotcha.

It took 2 years but yes they finally got something out of DLaw. So why would it be a good to give up on guys after only a year?

Top Bottom