Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Between us we pretty much covered what we're looking for in a wideout.

no we haven't … just in this draft:)

In general, I'd like 2 guys who can excel at each spot … 2 prototype X, 2 prototype Y, 2 prototype Z. Position flex is great, but if they can't dominate at least one spot, don't sign them

Note, at the top of the job description is "workaholic with guts" followed by "willing to block" and "great hands"

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I know this came from Fish so take it with a grain of salt. What if this is the big splash they’re talking about? Is this a big enough splash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Are you HONESTLY attempting to make me believe that Dak Prescot is a better QB than Aaron Rogers? Seriously? Dak throws the ball to someone usually about 5-10 yards down field and then they take off and then they call that a long pass. Why the yards they run after they catch it gets added to the stat line of both the wide out and the QB is beyond me. Give me flippin' break.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know this came from Fish so take it with a grain of salt. What if this is the big splash they’re talking about? Is this a big enough splash?

I cant imagine them trading anything significant for Adams. They might offer the same thing they did last yr, but the Jets demands were laughed out of teh building last yr and would be again now too.

Fisher is a ******.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you HONESTLY attempting to make me believe that Dak Prescot is a better QB than Aaron Rogers? Seriously? Dak throws the ball to someone usually about 5-10 yards down field and then they take off and then they call that a long pass. Why the yards they run after they catch it gets added to the stat line of both the wide out and the QB is beyond me. Give me flippin' break.

Who's been doing that?

Also, the idea that Prescott only dinks and dunks and doesn't throw downfield has been debunked numerous times.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I cant imagine them trading anything significant for Adams. They might offer the same thing they did last yr, but the Jets demands were laughed out of teh building last yr and would be again now too.

Fisher is a ******.

Yea didn’t they want two 1st round picks? No way they are getting that. I could easily see the Cowboys giving up the 17th pick for Adams though. I still prefer they draft Kinlaw if he’s there. I’ve been seeing that the guy they really want at 17 though is CB CJ Henderson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea didn’t they want two 1st round picks? No way they are getting that. I could easily see the Cowboys giving up the 17th pick for Adams though. I still prefer they draft Kinlaw if he’s there. I’ve been seeing that the guy they really want at 17 though is CB CJ Henderson.

They wanted two firsts plus one of our starting OL

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Yea fuck that.

So at 17 would it be safe to say that either one of Javon Kinlaw (DT), CJ Henderson (CB), or K’Lavon Chaisson (edge) would be the best selection? What if all 3 are off the board, who would be next best?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yea fuck that.

So at 17 would it be safe to say that either one of Javon Kinlaw (DT), CJ Henderson (CB), or K’Lavon Chaisson (edge) would be the best selection? What if all 3 are off the board, who would be next best?

McKinney the safety or Diggs the CB from Alabama. Some of the numbskulls at the zone keep talking WR if one of the big 3 fall. I really hope not after over paying Cooper. Longshot Thomas the OT from Georgia falls though I doubt. I would take him in a second and feel good about it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it wasnt just one of our starting OL it was zack martin .. the jets were outta their godamn minds w/ their asking price

...........but then again who knows?

what if they caught jerry on the phone and it was late enough in the day......... when anything can happen

1585917804933.png

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
McKinney the safety or Diggs the CB from Alabama. Some of the numbskulls at the zone keep talking WR if one of the big 3 fall. I really hope not after over paying Cooper. Longshot Thomas the OT from Georgia falls though I doubt. I would take him in a second and feel good about it.

See I’ve seen both of those names mentioned too but both Xavier McKinney and Trevin Diggs are being projected towards the lower part of the 1st round. Picking them at 17 might be a reach for them. I do not want the Cowboys to trade down. Just take the best player available at 17. That’s my opinion anyways.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
See I’ve seen both of those names mentioned too but both Xavier McKinney and Trevin Diggs are being projected towards the lower part of the 1st round. Picking them at 17 might be a reach for them. I do not want the Cowboys to trade down. Just take the best player available at 17. That’s my opinion anyways.

Mine too. Supposed face times with Fulton the cb from lsu

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I really don't want a backup OL with out top pick. He isn't replacing Tyron Smith or Collins and I am not sure how he fits at G.

If WR is the BPA at our slot it isn't a bad move. McCarthy seems to love multiple WR sets and right now there is no clear #3 guy.

That said, I fully expect our 1st pick to be a defensive player, which is probably the smart move.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I too am expecting a defensive pick at 17, maybe even the 2nd round as well.
Hard to go wrong with BPA, though.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They interviewed Jalen Hurts. If they could get him 4th or after I would be interested.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They interviewed Jalen Hurts. If they could get him 4th or after I would be interested.

I wouldn’t be upset with that at all. Here’s a question though... if Dak hasn’t signed by the start of the draft and if Tua continues to fall (as reports of GM’s having him 4th or 5th as far as QB’s go) and if Tua fell to 17, would you guy take him?

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score

To finally have a safety of the Woody caliber would be awesome
Other issues to fix in that secondary but thats a monster S back there
Not sure how he fits with Clinton-Dix though...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
if Tua fell to 17, would you guy take him?

He's not a big guy and has been injury prone, and while he throws the ball with really nice touch but he doesn't appear to have a + arm.

I'm really leery of him, won't surprise me if he never makes it as more than a backup.

Top Bottom