bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
DLaw talks waaay too much for a guy who doesn't produce on a consistent basis.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hasn't been much evidence of him loafing, save one play that someone found on tape from the 2nd half of the game last week (supposedly, I haven't seen the clip just read about it)

Everything about our scheme is horrendous and far too predictable. Richard and Marinelli made it way too easy for teams to game plan around DLaw and that's one of the reasons his double team rate has remained constant at 1st or 2nd most in the league all year.

I don't have much doubt that he will be back to double digit sacks next yr provided these idiots on our current staff are all gone.
If all true, then your last paragraph is the only thing he should be saying. Flapping his dicktrap otherwise just makes him look stupid. Especially when he waits until week 14 to say "it's time for me to step up."

He's never mentioned being double-teamed. He's never mentioned changes to the scheme putting him at disadvantage.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe he sees that Garrett is finally gone no matter what and he feels safe to tell the truth without fear of retribution from the coaches

Kind of like Dez keeping his mouth shut till he was no longer on the team

Like Beasley did as soon as he left the team

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I believe he sees that Garrett is finally gone no matter what and he feels safe to tell the truth without fear of retribution from the coaches

Kind of like Dez keeping his mouth shut till he was no longer on the team

Like Beasley did as soon as he left the team
Big money guaranteed contract means security and nothing to fear for DLaw. Dez and Beas can easily be dismissed as sour grapes. DLaw once again flapping his yap at the end of a dismally underperforming season for him. And then, walking back his comments about "direction."

You understand the "walking back" part?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Of course

But just because D Law has security because of his contract doesn’t mean he feels “secure” enough to bash his boss publicly

Now that his boss has one foot out the door he can say what he wants and even throw him under the bus like he has probably wanted to for some time now

I’m pretty sure once Garrett is gone that we will hear a universal bashing of Garrett from all sides

Just like Cooper is talking about play calling in the last game

I can see that type of talk creeping up from a number of players here in the upcoming weeks

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now that his boss has one foot out the door he can say what he wants and even throw him under the bus like he has probably wanted to for some time now
So... that's why he walked it back?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can see that type of talk creeping up from a number of players here in the upcoming weeks
I mean, you're kidding right? 99 percent of these players are like Romo and Witten, they think Garrett's a genius and should be coach for 29 years too, they think he's Landry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's never mentioned being double-teamed. He's never mentioned changes to the scheme putting him at disadvantage.

I've only posted the exact numbers on the double team stat 4 or 5 times this season. Wake up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Where's my fucking Garrett gone countdown clock??????????????????????????????

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Where's my fucking Garrett gone countdown clock??????????????????????????????

FzqEBgM.png

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Here is Albert Breer's most recent article about the coaching carousel:

• Presuming Dallas misses the playoffs, I expect the franchise will kick the tires on college coaches, and not just Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley. Baylor’s Matt Rhule should be in that mix.

• I’m told both of those coaches are going to be disciplined in their decision-making on whether to make the jump to the NFL this year or not. In Rhule’s case, the mess of the Jets’ process taught him a valuable lesson on making sure any prospective employer has its ducks in a row. And Rhule, like Riley, is making good money, has job security and has the run of the place he’s at, which explains why neither guy is in a huge rush to leave.

Above are the relevant parts about the Cowboys.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
things could be worse

The Bengals are basically the Cowboys without the marketing. Like the Cowboys, they are a Mom & Pop shop disguised as an NFL team. I'll give Mike Brown credit because the Bengals have made the playoffs more this century than the Cowboys have. They've also had above average teams as opposed to flat mediocrity.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I just read a trivia thing that said today is the 60th anniversary of Murchison hiring Tom Landry.
The blurb ssid he hired an 8 yesr personal services contract.
I think a couple of you guys have knowledge about these types of things. Was personal services used because the Boys hadn't played yet, or to protect Landry if the franchise was to go tits up.
Thanks, I'll hang and listen.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
one thing all members have in common has been enduring the last 25 years (+/- how long you been alive) of constant disappointment

It has been an honor to serving alongside you guys as a collection of voices against the last decade long regime of ineptitude, led by that stupid red headed fuck that shall remain nameless

That alone has been a 10 year struggle that should have only been 3. Had we had a true captain, instead of a hollow sackless putz.......imagine the type of glory we would have achieved by now

But alas..

We are tired..

We are hungry..

And soon, brothers.........

We will be freeeeee !!!!!!!

*Until jerry fucks it all up again

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For the many who were banned at the zone and other places, just for pointing out the flaws and foibles of Jerruh and Ginger...

For the many who were awakened out of the Homer Stupor and started seeing things for what they really were...

For the voices, shrill and loud, the ones who have been kicking and screaming sounding the alarm on Jerruh since way back when, the "backup draft" comes firmly into mind for most.

For those who recognized the Red Clapper was shit for coaching, some 7 years ago if not sooner...

Our redemption brethren, is coming.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Bengals are basically the Cowboys without the marketing. Like the Cowboys, they are a Mom & Pop shop disguised as an NFL team. I'll give Mike Brown credit because the Bengals have made the playoffs more this century than the Cowboys have. They've also had above average teams as opposed to flat mediocrity.

I don't think the Bengals had any 12 or 13 win teams this century, but thanks for your exaggeration.

Edit: they've had 1

Top Bottom