dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry gave Ratliff an awful contract, then Ratliff rewards him for ridiculous deal by being a complete loser.

If he is truly healthy today and can play elsewhere but wouldn't here, fuck him. I hope he blows a knee his first day of practice and is done forever.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Anyone that says this is on Jerry is stupid. The man ciphoned off the last 18 months of pay for free. Got into a DUI, almost physically assaulted his boss, lies about 2 injuries to the effect that he finally is released with us having to be left holding the bag, then 2 days later is getting cleared to play for another team and you are saying this isn't on Ratlif?

May he fucking die of cancer tomorrow.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry could drive a bulldozer over an orphanage and an animal shelter and there would still be fans that make an excuse for him.

The man is the single biggest reason why we have been completely mediocre for 17 years. His pretend GM'ing is killing us.

Ratliff is a bastard in this situation but he has an enabler. The guy handing out bags of money.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Handing him that extension was beyond stupid. Just incredible. It's like he has moments where he forgets there's a fucking salary cap. Moron.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He may as well get raped in a trade for another WR while he's at it. Why not.

I'd be ashamed to get in front of a camera at this point. I'd be ducking and covering my face like I murdered the pope or something. Not this idiot.

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ok, what's the point, that the extension was bad? No argument there from anyone.

I thought we released him because he was hurt so badly he couldn't play anyway. But if he could play, no matter how ******** he was, we should have just kept him.

If we knew he might be able to play and Jerry just ate all that money because Jason didn't want him around or whatever... That would surprise me. Jerry must be really sure he can get a lot of that money back in a grievance if that's the case.

He didn't want to play for Jerry.

I think there's more to it than that but that's why they cut him.

Reaction score
Jerry might be able to win some money back if he argues that rat sexually assaulted him bc that's essentially what happened. I love it.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry might be able to win some money back if he argues that rat sexually assaulted him bc that's essentially what happened. I love it.

Detroit's GM did the same thing on the Roy Williams trade except he used a big 10' metal rod with a 12'' diameter.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
@Edwerderespn: Cowboys spent $18M guaranteed on Jay Ratliff, who intends to sign elsewhere. Such acrimony 1 source says Ratliff simply wouldn't play for JJ
Maybe rat told JJ to go fuck himself

Ratliff was the lone person Jason Garrett couldn't telepathically get to stop chattering in team meetings.

Has to go.

Reaction score
link

Cowboys Mum Regarding Latest Jay Ratliff Issue

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys did their best to refrain from commenting on the Jay Ratliff saga on Thursday.

The strange story of the former Cowboys defensive tackle took another turn Wednesday night, when it was reported that Ratliff was cleared medically to play in 2013. It’s a surprising turn of events, considering it was just a week ago when the consensus opinion was that Ratliff would be unavailable to play football until 2014.

It was an issue Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones wasn’t too keen to talk about.

“I don’t want to comment because of the legal aspect of it, and I had said earlier that I was going to focus on good things – the contribution that he made here, and this team needed him real bad,” Jones said. “It was disappointing that he’s not playing, disappointing that the resources involved aren’t going to guys out here making plays.”

Jones reiterated the word “legal” half a dozen times during a short session with reporters. It’s unclear exactly what he meant, but it’s a safe bet he was referring to Ratliff’s $40 million contract extension, signed in 2011 -- $18 million of which was guaranteed.

“All agreements require people to abide by the agreements, and so those are how you have legal issues,” Jones said. “We obviously have an agreement with him – had an agreement with him – and to the extent you have some concern within that, that’s why you have legal.”

Ratliff’s agent, Mark Slough, said last week that his client’s injury, classified all year as a sports hernia, was much more severe than initially reported. The Cowboys released him for failing a physical following a six-week stay on the Physically Unable to Perform List. Ratliff missed the entirety of the team’s training camp.

“I don’t want to comment because of the legal aspect of it, and I had said earlier that I was going to focus on good things – the contribution that he made here, and this team needed him real bad,” Jones said. “It was disappointing that he’s not playing, disappointing that the resources involved aren’t going to guys out here making plays.”

Garrett was asked about the issue at his Thursday morning press conference, but he was much less willing to go into detail.

We made a decision -- like we talked about last week -- that we felt was in the best interest of our football. And we wish Jay nothing but the best going forward,” Garrett said.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So he fails a Cowboys physical, is released and gets a second opinion, and now Jerry wants to sue him?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry could drive a bulldozer over an orphanage and an animal shelter and there would still be fans that make an excuse for him.

The man is the single biggest reason why we have been completely mediocre for 17 years. His pretend GM'ing is killing us.

Such hurtful words.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys’ Sean Lee Says Good Riddance To Jay Ratliff

Mike Fisher for 105.3 The Fan | CBSDFW.com

October 24, 2013 5:50 PM

IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – There are things about the departed Jay Ratliff that members of the Dallas Cowboys executive wing, coaching staff and personnel department cannot or will not.

But there are no such restrictions – restrictions of law or manners – on defensive leader Sean Lee.

“If you don’t want to be here and play for this team,’’ a fired-up Lee tells “Ben & Skin’’ on 105.3 The Fan, “then move on. I’d rather go down with guys who want to be here and want to win than win with guys who don’t want to be here.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has tiptoed around the odd breakup with the former four-time Pro Bowler, stating that “this has become a legal matter.” Coach Jason Garrett sidesteps the controversy by rote, repeatedly noting, “Jay was a heck of a football player for us and we wish him well.’’

But Lee isn’t into politics and when it comes to Ratliff — released last week by the after 11 months of tiresome inactivity only to claim good health now that he’s escaped from Valley Ranch — he does not sound like he’s into well-wishing, either.

“When it comes to that situation,’’ Lee says, “we’ve moved on.’’

There are financial reasons for Cowboys folks to be upset with Ratliff; the way he allegedly arranged his departure ends up causing Dallas to take a a $6.928 million cap hit next season while the player walks away with $10 million in bonus money. But Lee seems to be speaking to the football side of the matter … for the need for 53 men to bond together, to make sacrifices together … and for how the chain can be broken by a weak link.

“We have guys who are ready to play, who work extremely hard, and who care about each other as teammates,’’ Lee says. “As teammates, all we care about is each other.’’

Reaction score
You know what fuck Ratliff really. You re-signed bitch. Now you're costing us valuable cap dollars bc you're a fucking thief.

Top Bottom