Reaction score
Defensive tackle Jay Ratliff flew to Philadelphia to be evaluated Wednesday by Dr. William Myers to determine whether he can begin preparing for on-field tryouts with some of the six teams that have contacted him since the Dallas Cowboys released him last week, according to sources.

Ratliff believes that more teams will be interested if Myers indicates that he is healthy enough to contribute in the near future.

Sources say that six teams have contacted Jay Ratliff since his release by the Cowboys last week.
The Cowboys projected Ratliff to be a Warren Sapp-type presence who could provide an inside rush as they converted from a 3-4 defense to Monte Kiffin's 4-3. Instead, his Cowboys career ended with each side blaming the other.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9867780/jay-ratliff-seeks-ok-resume-playing

Reaction score
@NewSchoolSS 13m
Remember when Jay Ratliff's agent said THIS after the #Cowboys released him?

BXSaIQECAAAXEAK.jpg

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is one of the worst extensions we have ever handed out, and not just because he took his money and quit.

He had two years left on his contract, we gave him a new one, and he acted like this. He's a piece of shit. You don't reward pieces of shit.

Reaction score
I hope Denver signs him and he wins a Super Bowl with them.

Then he takes a shit in a card board box and mails it to Jerry Jones.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wasn't it fucking obvious?

It's kinda funny. There are people at CZ saying Dallas should have cap relief.

For what? Being too stupid to cut the guy in June?

Reaction score
Wasn't it fucking obvious?

It's kinda funny. There are people at CZ saying Dallas should have cap relief.

For what? Being too stupid to cut the guy in June?

LOL

Fucking CZ.

This is 100% on our shitty GM. There was no reason to extend him for so much money. This guy would have been an animal in a contract year. We are worse than the Raiders when it comes to acquiring/managing/trading talent.

Ratliff is a huge douche for some of his antics, but stealing from JJ while making him look like a clown is def not one of them.

Reaction score
LOL

Fucking CZ.

This is 100% on our shitty GM. There was no reason to extend him for so much money. This guy would have been an animal in a contract year. We are worse than the Raiders when it comes to acquiring/managing/trading talent.

Ratliff is a huge douche for some of his antics, but stealing from JJ while making him look like a clown is def not one of them.

Probably could have got a late 1st for a 29 year old cheap All-pro

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ok, what's the point, that the extension was bad? No argument there from anyone.

I thought we released him because he was hurt so badly he couldn't play anyway. But if he could play, no matter how ******** he was, we should have just kept him.

If we knew he might be able to play and Jerry just ate all that money because Jason didn't want him around or whatever... That would surprise me. Jerry must be really sure he can get a lot of that money back in a grievance if that's the case.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The point is that he's healthy enough to play but isn't playing in dallas.

Credit to cmd. I'll eat crow when I deserve it. In this instance I definitely do.

Nobody seems to know the whole story here as to what went wrong w Ratliff in dallas.

Reaction score
Homers are up in arms bc he played Jerry for a fool but it has been clear for weeks now that he's been healthy and there's a lot more to the story. This is basically Jerry's ego running afoul once again.

Reaction score
Ok, what's the point, that the extension was bad? No argument there from anyone.

I thought we released him because he was hurt so badly he couldn't play anyway. But if he could play, no matter how ******** he was, we should have just kept him.

If we knew he might be able to play and Jerry just ate all that money because Jason didn't want him around or whatever... That would surprise me. Jerry must be really sure he can get a lot of that money back in a grievance if that's the case.

Yeah, you are making a lot of sense out of this nonsense. I agree.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Too bad his truck didn't burst into flames when he hit that 18 wheeler.

Seriously, I wouldn't have given one shit.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
@Edwerderespn: Cowboys spent $18M guaranteed on Jay Ratliff, who intends to sign elsewhere. Such acrimony 1 source says Ratliff simply wouldn't play for JJ

Maybe rat told JJ to go fuck himself

Top Bottom