Reaction score
I wish I had saved Hostile's diatribe about Garrett being the next Tom Landry, and his Super Bowl predictions.

Not even Hostile can hear that and believe it - "I've never been around a better character team."

You underestimate the power of cognitive dissonance. Hostile is a jedi master of it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ha, David Moore asks first question if all these suspensions are an indictment of the culture they have in place.

Of course Stephen talks about all the successes they've had. Or really? Like where?

I was on a walk listening to the three stooges and when I heard this I screamed "WHO?!?!?"

I can't think of one person who would be the poster child for this philosophy, maybe Dez?

Who else?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wish I had saved Hostile's diatribe about Garrett being the next Tom Landry, and his Super Bowl predictions.

Not even Hostile can hear that and believe it - "I've never been around a better character team."

Oh yes he can and I'm sure he's lapping that shit up as I type this while also getting his panties in a wad at anyone suggesting otherwise

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ha, David Moore asks first question if all these suspensions are an indictment of the culture they have in place.

Of course Stephen talks about all the successes they've had. Or really? Like where?

Then Garrett says he's never been around a better character team than this one. Telling that the first four or five players he mentions are on offense (i.e. give me credit, give me credit).

Loves the culture, loves the character of this team. :lol

Technically Garrett's not wrong. Remember he played on a team with a wild ass Michael Irvin and on a team with a cracked out Lawrence Taylor. The difference is those teams each had a real head coach.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Technically Garrett's not wrong. Remember he played on a team with a wild ass Michael Irvin and on a team with a cracked out Lawrence Taylor. The difference is those teams each had a real head coach.

Garrett played with LT?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With the Cowboys being named the most valuable sport franchise in the world, in Jerry's eyes it is working.

yeah, but he'd trade it all for a few more 1st downs

he cant even get his bullshit right

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Thats ridiculous. Comparing Garrett to Landry is like comparing Obummer to Abe Lincoln. Or better yet, comparing that old nasty bitter sow, TS Michelle to Jackie Kennedy.

I thought you guys said this Hostile character didnt drink alcohol. Anybody that would compare Garrett to Landry is either a candidate to be committed somewhere for a mental evaluation, drinks more than Jerry, or is hitting a rock round the clock.

Landry is on the Mt Rushmore of NFL coaching legends. 20 consecutive winning seasons and one of the most creative and innovative coaches in league history. The Cowboys are still popular today because of Tom Landry. Garrett is on the Mt Rushmore of Jerry coaching failures, right along with Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Wade Phillips.

Saying Garrett is the next Tom Landry is nothing but an insult to a great coach and honorable man.

Reaction score
garrett just needs more time to overhaul this roster and clean up Wades mess.

I don't want a flash in the pan championship. I want a dynasty. Garrett will get us that. Not just a championship. ChampionshipS.

We did it grandma.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
garrett just needs more time to overhaul this roster and clean up Wades mess.

I don't want a flash in the pan championship. I want a dynasty. Garrett will get us that. Not just a championship. ChampionshipS.

We did it grandma.

Sarcasm right? Just making sure you didn't fall and hit your head or something.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Garrett played with LT?

Oops my mistake. Give me a pass on that one, it's not like there is a tool or device that I can use to go back and actually do a quick search on who played on those teams.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Sarcasm right? Just making sure you didn't fall and hit your head or something.

He must have hit his head since he left out the part about Garrett having it tougher trying to build a roster that already had an elite QB and other pro bowlers and HOF candidates than Landry did trying to build a roster for an expansion team.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Oops my mistake. Give me a pass on that one, it's not like there is a tool or device that I can use to go back and actually do a quick search on who played on those teams.

I was thinking maybe I'd missed some NFL seasons or something.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thats ridiculous. Comparing Garrett to Landry is like comparing Obummer to Abe Lincoln. Or better yet, comparing that old nasty bitter sow, TS Michelle to Jackie Kennedy.

I thought you guys said this Hostile character didnt drink alcohol. Anybody that would compare Garrett to Landry is either a candidate to be committed somewhere for a mental evaluation, drinks more than Jerry, or is hitting a rock round the clock.

Landry is on the Mt Rushmore of NFL coaching legends. 20 consecutive winning seasons and one of the most creative and innovative coaches in league history. The Cowboys are still popular today because of Tom Landry. Garrett is on the Mt Rushmore of Jerry coaching failures, right along with Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Wade Phillips.

Saying Garrett is the next Tom Landry is nothing but an insult to a great coach and honorable man.

The thing about coaching - like all things in life - is that some people have "it" and other do not. There's more to being a great coach than just using some catch phrases or talking about progress and "the processes". Garrett talks like the good coaches do, associates with them in an attempt to soak up some of their greatness through osmosis, and tries his very best to remain as baseline as possible. By all appearances, he looks the part.

Where he fails is that he has no idea how to go off-script and manage shit by himself. I get the impression the first thing he thinks when adversity hits is, "How would Nick Saban handle this situation"? Probably even wears a WWNSD bracelet. He also lets Jerry overrule him and doesn't do a fucking thing about it. The video where of him in the War Room when Dallas went another direction than what he wanted to do is a perfect example. He just sat quiet and let his face turn red. Not that he should have went apeshit but a real coach wouldn't even have found himself in that position in the first place because the rules would have been clear from the outset.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I believe one of Hostiles favorite sayings about Garrett is that around Valley Ranch, and I guess now around the Star, they call him a computer on two legs. I'll give you a few minutes to compose yourself after you stop laughing.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I believe one of Hostiles favorite sayings about Garrett is that around Valley Ranch, and I guess now around the Star, they call him a computer on two legs. I'll give you a few minutes to compose yourself after you stop laughing.

watch your step amigo, you're in danger of being banned for spying when hostiles minions find out what you've done and report back

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The thing about coaching - like all things in life - is that some people have "it" and other do not. There's more to being a great coach than just using some catch phrases or talking about progress and "the processes". Garrett talks like the good coaches do, associates with them in an attempt to soak up some of their greatness through osmosis, and tries his very best to remain as baseline as possible. By all appearances, he looks the part.

Where he fails is that he has no idea how to go off-script and manage shit by himself. I get the impression the first thing he thinks when adversity hits is, "How would Nick Saban handle this situation"? Probably even wears a WWNSD bracelet. He also lets Jerry overrule him and doesn't do a fucking thing about it. The video where of him in the War Room when Dallas went another direction than what he wanted to do is a perfect example. He just sat quiet and let his face turn red. Not that he should have went apeshit but a real coach wouldn't even have found himself in that position in the first place because the rules would have been clear from the outset.

Agreed.

The "it" factor is not there and its been obvious from day one when you watch the games. Garrett is supposed to have this great football pedigree from growing up in a football family and he's played and coached in the NFL and some of the bonehead stuff we've seen during his tenure as head coach makes it painfully obvious that he does not have IT. And if he doesnt have IT by now he will never have IT. Saying all the right coach speak and even rubbing elbows with great coaches will not make any difference.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

If only that equated to winning football.

Is that information that Hostile got from a source?

coffee-computer-laptop-legs-mobility-walking.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom