NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Do they go to the West or stay in the South? If they go to the West, what replaces them in the South?

Did you know that you can win your division by winning only 4 games? As long as you have the best division record.

Oh, and Dustin Vaughn is the next great Cowboys QB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rams owner Stan Kroenke will reportedly cash out $550 million to the NFL for just the right to move and has committed $2.6 billion to the relocation project, according to Jones — clearly a move that will help the NFL.

That's some big money right there!

The one thing I didn't like was the plans for the new stadium

It looks to be all glass and I can see the sun being an issue on game days like it is at Jerry's world

Unless they have some plans to be able to flip a switch and have the top of the glass stadium become tinted instantly

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jezusssss he was that rich back then?
No, he borrowed, leveraged, and sold assets to cobble the money together. His frikkin credit cards were even maxed out and were even rejected in Dallas when he tried to get a hotel room. Did you not read Jimmy's book?

I can only imagine what the fuck is worth nowadays
You don't have to. Forbes reports it's the most valuable sports franschise in the world valued at something like $2.8 billion.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No, he borrowed, leveraged, and sold assets to cobble the money together. His frikkin credit cards were even maxed out and were even rejected in Dallas when he tried to get a hotel room. Did you not read Jimmy's book?

You don't have to. Forbes reports it's the most valuable sports franschise in the world valued at something like $2.8 billion.

I haven't finished Jummys book yet

I know what the team is worth. But I'm curious what Jerry himself is worth. I'm sure he still has money elsewhere as well. Oil and other ventures.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Raiders have withdrawn completely.

Raiders Statement

The Raiders congratulate Stan Kroenke and the Rams on their successful bid for relocation to Los Angeles. The Raiders will now turn our attention to exploring all options to find a permanent stadium solution. We thank fans throughout the Raider Nation for their unrivaled passion and support.
Talking San Antonio?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Raiders have withdrawn completely.

Raiders Statement

Talking San Antonio?

That was my first thought last night watching it when he spoke. Said don't worry Raider Nation, we'll find a home.

Of course he could just be trying to create some leverage, but I thought I heard Oakland was still in debt from their earlier renovation 20 years ago, so I doubt they can even raise the money to make that old dump good enough for today's market.

I'd love it if they went to central Texas and stole some market share from Jerry.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
inconceivable that an NFL team has to share a stadium with a baseball club and play on a dirt infield for x amount of games. that said, keep them out of LA. they bailed on that city once already.

Reaction score
inconceivable that an NFL team has to share a stadium with a baseball club and play on a dirt infield for x amount of games. that said, keep them out of LA. they bailed on that city once already.
And for them both to have to play in that shithole that they play in is inconceivable. I could almost see them sharing a stadium if it was state of the art.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wait... it's early but am I crazy? Skimming this thread... haven't the Rams always been in the NFC West? Rams/Seattle/Cardinals/Seahawks, right? The South is the Bucs, Panthers, Saints, and Atlanta.

Wtf are you guys talking about?

Dooms gonna Dooms

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is a new report out stating that the Chargers plan to accept the deal and move to the new stadium with the Rams.

Shit, there goes the neighborhood!

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine the Raiders moving to San Antonio. That's like the Browns moving to Baltimore. Not good for the league and it shits on fans.

And what about all the gangs that sport Okland team gear? Are they just supposed to claim the Chargers or Rams now?

Reaction score
Black hole isn't going to be nearly as intimidating with a greasy 5'5" mexican rocking face paint and spiked shoulder pads.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine the Raiders moving to San Antonio. That's like the Browns moving to Baltimore. Not good for the league and it shits on fans.

And what about all the gangs that sport Okland team gear? Are they just supposed to claim the Chargers or Rams now?

The gangs will still rep the Raiders no matter what. Even with the Raiders gone from LA all these years they still act like they never left. Everyone supports the Raiders in LA like they did when they were the home team

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Black hole isn't going to be nearly as intimidating with a greasy 5'5" mexican rocking face paint and spiked shoulder pads.

LMAO
what do you think the black hole was here in LA? The same exact thing

95% of the Raider supporters here in LA are Hispanic males

The other 5% are their girlfriends

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The gangs will still rep the Raiders no matter what.

Not sure about gangs,but I see plenty of Raider gear around New Mexico.
Funny thing about that,this is overwhelmingly Cowboy country,with some of the northern counties favoring the the Broncos.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not sure about gangs,but I see plenty of Raider gear around New Mexico.
Funny thing about that,this is overwhelmingly Cowboy country,with some of the northern counties favoring the the Broncos.

That just seems strange to me. Only visiting Texas a few times I really wouldn't know. But Bronco fans in Texas just doesn't seem right.

I still find it hard to believe that there was enough support for the Texans. I guess everyone that didn't like the Cowboys just started to support them

The Cowboys are probably the most polarizing team in the NFL. They really are a love em or hate em team more so than any other. Unfortunately everyone that I know here in LA falls on the hate em side of the equation.

here in LA 90% of the team support you see on car bumper stickers is for the Raiders, then 5% Cowboys, then 2% Rams, then 1% Niners then you will see the occasional miscellaneous team here in there. But the support for the Raiders is stronger here by far. On Sunday's you can go to the store to pick up beer without seeing a sea of black and silver jerseys

Top Bottom