jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah I always by newused. Usually 2-3 years old. The price difference is insane.

When you drive a new car off the showroom floor, thousands of dollars are lost. My mother worked for GM for many years and one of the employee benefits is buying card at cost. It saves a ton of money, but from my research, Dodge is cheaper than GM products , and GM is cheaper than Ford on comparable models. I get a nice discount on Ford products as well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When you drive a new car off the showroom floor, thousands of dollars are lost. My mother worked for GM for many years and one of the employee benefits is buying card at cost. It saves a ton of money, but from my research, Dodge is cheaper than GM products , and GM is cheaper than Ford on comparable models. I get a nice discount on Ford products as well.
My advice is figure out what all you want a pickup truck to do, then buy you a 10 year old one that will do what you want it to do. It's a great wallet fattening strategy, it's worked for me every time.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am shopping for a new truck. I know that some of you guys drive cars or SUVs, but I will have to buy a truck. I have always been a PU truck kinda guy and usually bought GMCs or Chevys. I have noticed that the new Dodge trucks have been the Road and Track trucks of the year for the past couple of years. I have also noticed that the price is several thousand dollars cheaper on the Dodge trucks. Any suggestions?

Try truecar.com. You pick the vehicle model you're looking for and they find bottom line prices from multiple dealers in your area. You also get notified of any incentives. The pricing is guaranteed and they e-mail you a "certificate" with that guaranteed price. I've used it twice to buy a new car and I got both vehicles at the lowest price quoted.

I've never used the site for used cars but I'd bet it works just as well. At the very least, it gives you an idea of the lowest price a dealer is willing to give you and you can negotiate from there. Having a low ball price saves all the BS you go through when you negotiate the vehicle purchase.

Reaction score
I am shopping for a new truck. I know that some of you guys drive cars or SUVs, but I will have to buy a truck. I have always been a PU truck kinda guy and usually bought GMCs or Chevys. I have noticed that the new Dodge trucks have been the Road and Track trucks of the year for the past couple of years. I have also noticed that the price is several thousand dollars cheaper on the Dodge trucks. Any suggestions?

I bought a new 2014 Ram 1500 pickup in January and like it a lot. Before the purchase I thoroughly researched car mags/sites and Consumer Reports (which I weigh most heavily) and spent hours on the various manufacturer's websites.

The tricky thing about trucks is that there is a ridiculous number of trim lines, options, and configurations ... so IMO the first step is to decide on what kind of truck you want and how you want it equipped. Then the second step is to decide on the manufacturer.

There were certain things that I knew that I wanted: Full-size, regular cab, automatic transmission (two-wheel only), a fuel efficient but sufficiently powerful V-6, back-up camera, bluetooth, power locks and windows, cruise ....

I was able to get these options with the entry level "Tradesmen" work truck version of the Ram 1500. To get a similar configuration in the Ford and Chevy meant moving up a trim level or two ... which meant several thousands more.

I really like the (regular gas) Pentastar V-6 with the 8-speed auto transmission. I average about 24.5 mpg on my work commute (almost all of which is hwy) and the vehicle has sufficient power. Shifts and ride are smooth and the truck is quiet at hwy speed. I've read favorable reviews regarding this vehicle's ability (similarly configured) to perform with a load, but I don't tow and rarely carry anything more than groceries ... so I can't personally speak to that.

Feel free to pm if you have other questions.

Reaction score
I go hot rodding around, make beer runs, go muddin' - haul and tow stuff, whatever I want to do in this thing.

View attachment 2475

No payments keeps my wallet fat.

View attachment 2476

ha-gay-gif.gif

Top Bottom