cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zoners will say too early to be worried but that defense looks worse than I ever imagined. We better hope that the little bit of defensive talent we have stays healthy or this year is going to be historically bad.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Your future QB starter actually did look okay. Maybe by the fourth preseason game he can relax and we can see what he can really do.

Reaction score
Wow. That game just destroyed the concept of hope. They looked collegiate. Jason has just removed any possibility of playing a modern game. No speed at any position. Very little imagination. And with neither size nor speed on the d line, how is anything supposed to happen. Jason wants nice fellows who play an offense from the 90's with a defense from the early 2000's. While the rest of the league is eclectic and fast, Dallas is slow and outdated. But at least we are polite and nice.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Zoners will say too early to be worried but that defense looks worse than I ever imagined. We better hope that the little bit of defensive talent we have stays healthy or this year is going to be historically bad.

Hey, Jerry really likes 3 DL's that nobody has ever heard of. Relax, everything is coming into place.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I need to download the game do I can make my own thread at the zone about my uneducated and completely best guess thoughts. Seems to be a hot ticket right now.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Weeden had a nice half, wished he would have thrown downfield more on that final drive, but he did make several impressive throws and didn't make any bad throws. Pretty confident that at the very least Weeden will be a capable backup QB here, and he's coming at a fraction of the cost of orton.

I guess you forgot about when he threw an INT while staring down Cole Beasley. Lucky there was a defensive holding on a different player. If it's not in the stat line, it didn't happen, right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess you forgot about when he threw an INT while staring down Cole Beasley. Lucky there was a defensive holding on a different player. If it's not in the stat line, it didn't happen, right?

Yeah I had forgot about that. I never saw a replay of it so don't recall how bad a throw it was.

That said, the rest of his game was pretty good. He certainly didn't look like the hopeless loser some made him out to be.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I was really surprised at how bad it was. I know a lot of them were backups or guys who are competing for practice squad roles, but it looked pretty damn hopeless.

The tackling was really awful.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty sad as well how inept Garrett looked on the sideline. Its his 4th yr and it was an opening preseason game, yet to me he had this deer in the headlights almost clueless look on his face the entire game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if people saw the interview the Charger guys did with the Spanos idiots, but I found myself wishing that were Jerry and Stevie saying those same things about how important it was to have a coach and GM on the same page and to have people wit bright new ideas in those positions

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Need some of you to post your game thoughts in this thread or somewhere so I have something to read about in the AM.

"Party Down South" was much better entertainment than watching one if the worst defenses in NFL history.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah I had forgot about that. I never saw a replay of it so don't recall how bad a throw it was.

That said, the rest of his game was pretty good. He certainly didn't look like the hopeless loser some made him out to be.
It was a little slant or in route and the receiver was being held, so that's why the pass was intercepted. It wasn't one of those things where there was a penalty totally away from the play.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I need to download the game do I can make my own thread at the zone about my uneducated and completely best guess thoughts. Seems to be a hot ticket right now.

I would actually be excited to read your thoughts on the game. It would be much better than Fuzzy's garbage. He has become the Football Evaluator at CZ, and the homers love him. It would be better if had any ideal what he is saying.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I was really surprised at how bad it was. I know a lot of them were backups or guys who are competing for practice squad roles, but it looked pretty damn hopeless.

The tackling was really awful.

Jobber said that there was no way that the defense could be worse than last year. A bunch of the homer crowd believes that it has to improve this year. I want to know why it can't be worse. They lost two of their top defenders and those idiots are expecting an improved defense.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

No, he didn't. Weeden does have some talent. His knock is that he's old, and is probably already up against his ceiling. But if he can continue showing like last night, it's something we can live with. He'll never be an above average starter. But he can be a decent backup. And if your backup is playing extended snaps/starts, your season is shot any way.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
It was a little slant or in route and the receiver was being held, so that's why the pass was intercepted. It wasn't one of those things where there was a penalty totally away from the play.

No. The holding was away from the play. And Weeden was staring down Beasley from the snap.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You sure about that?

And even if so, Beasley was being interfered with. The announcers picked it up immediately.

And yes, he stares down people. That's one reason he's not that great. But like you said, he's good enough as a backup. I'd rather have him than an old jaded vey like Orton who doesn't want to be here anyway.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
You sure about that?

And even if so, Beasley was being interfered with. The announcers picked it up immediately.

And yes, he stares down people. That's one reason he's not that great. But like you said, he's good enough as a backup. I'd rather have him than an old jaded vey like Orton who doesn't want to be here anyway.

Yeah. I can't remember who the flag was on, but it was definitely away from the play. I too thought initially that the flag was on the guy covering Beasley, and it did look like there was some contact right before the ball got there. But it wasn't called, so it would have stood if not for the other penalty. The replay showed there was holding elsewhere. (was it 41? Can't remember)

Top Bottom