Playoff win or fire Garrett?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
of course he did, there's zero doubt in my mind, he's coming back for 2019 except for death or health issues (or he grows a pair and resigns)

Why would he resign? He's making six million a year and will make even more on his upcoming extension.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Garrett should be fired barring an NFC championship appearance. I would think after all of these years Garrett would need to exceed expectations. Beating a wildcard team and then getting stomped in the divisional round is not doing that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same BUT because of jeri not Garrett, whom I'm ambivilant about. I have always and will still maintain Jason is just a symptom of the larger problem and I'm still not convinced, despite his flaws, that he's not the best we're ever gonna get with the jackass owner still walking the earth, and thats not intended to be a compliment to Garrett.

Jeri (& his spawn to an extent) has killed my passion:

EMoC3wY.jpg

Remove them from the football side of things and let that room be filled with football experts who have devoted their lives to understanding the intricacies of the game, personel, team building, etc, etc and then my hope and optimism will return.

Until this happens, it won't, changing coaches will be tantamount to moving around deck chairs on the titanic because jeri will NEVER allow any coach to come here and steal his thunder and be given enough control over football operations. It'll be the same type of person just thrilled to be given the job and will check his balls in at jeri's office prior to being announced HC.

When the day finally does come that Garrett is no longer HC, I expect to see the same type of person you saw in Campo, Gailey and Phillips. There will never be another Parcells/Jimmy type coach as long as jeri is alive, put that in 3 inch headlines and feel free to rub it in my face if proven wrong

Don’t hold your breath, Spaulding will be running the show before you know it.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Garrett isnt going anywhere. And if we win next week he'll get another 5 year extension. He'll be a constant dark cloud hangin over this team. Wins just wont be enjoyed as much simply becuz of his presence.

Last night was great and at game time it felt good to be starting a playoff game and it was all about winning. Felt great to win and know we're moving on. Then that grinning Red fool is shown walking to shake hands with Pete Carroll and then he's looking around after Pete for somebody, anybody, to shake hands with and he looked lost. Like, where are all the guys I need to high five or shake hands with?

Garrett just sucks all the air out of the winning balloon. Its great to win. It felt good and Im glad we won. But there is Garrett like a damp cloth or dark cloud over it all. Like a lingering Red fart.

Two things that are definite's with Garrett around as HC. This team will never reach its full potential and achieve as much as it could with a good HC. And, the wins will never be fully enjoyed because that dark cloud lingering Red fart hangs over it every time.

But winning is better than losing so we have to live with the Red stench.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett isnt going anywhere. And if we win next week he'll get another 5 year extension. He'll be a constant dark cloud hangin over this team. Wins just wont be enjoyed as much simply becuz of his presence.

Last night was great and at game time it felt good to be starting a playoff game and it was all about winning. Felt great to win and know we're moving on. Then that grinning Red fool is shown walking to shake hands with Pete Carroll and then he's looking around after Pete for somebody, anybody, to shake hands with and he looked lost. Like, where are all the guys I need to high five or shake hands with?

Garrett just sucks all the air out of the winning balloon. Its great to win. It felt good and Im glad we won. But there is Garrett like a damp cloth or dark cloud over it all. Like a lingering Red fart.

Two things that are definite's with Garrett around as HC. This team will never reach its full potential and achieve as much as it could with a good HC. And, the wins will never be fully enjoyed because that dark cloud lingering Red fart hangs over it every time.

X2

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I have to admit it feels good today. Been a long time to feel good after the regular season and a playoff game. Maybe not having to see that red grinning face makes it so much more enjoyable today.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have to admit it feels good today. Been a long time to feel good after the regular season and a playoff game. Maybe not having to see that red grinning face makes it so much more enjoyable today.

We beat up a bully. Overcame lousy officiating, their typical cheap shots and our own horrid coaching and play calling. The players beat a world of shit, again. You have every right to puff your chest out a bit.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the wins will never be fully enjoyed because that dark cloud lingering Red fart hangs over it every time.

LOL

imo, the dusty farts from the crusty old fart in charge looms larger and with more stank than the Red fart underling

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
We beat up a bully. Overcame lousy officiating, their typical cheap shots and our own horrid coaching and play calling. The players beat a world of shit, again. You have every right to puff your chest out a bit.

Yea it was a big win. I expect another big win against the Rams and then host the NFCCG and beat the Eagles again.

jsb357

Spectator
Reaction score
I said after the Titans loss, if he makes it to the NFC Championship game he gets a new contract.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is an excerpt from an interview with Jeruh

“When asked about the reports that RB Ezekiel Elliott is due for a new deal, and if Jason Garrett's contract would be extended, Jones said "Look at the situation and how positive it is. if you were in my shoes, what would you do?”

That motherfucker is already going to extend Garrett. He is/was so damn desperate for a playoff win that he’s already thinking about extending Him and we haven’t done shit yet!

Reaction score
This is an excerpt from an interview with Jeruh

“When asked about the reports that RB Ezekiel Elliott is due for a new deal, and if Jason Garrett's contract would be extended, Jones said "Look at the situation and how positive it is. if you were in my shoes, what would you do?”

That motherfucker is already going to extend Garrett. He is/was so damn desperate for a playoff win that he’s already thinking about extending Him and we haven’t done shit yet!

Yeah, we have to accept that Garrett isn't going anywhere. That's why desire has to carry the players forward. We've reached Garrett's historic ceiling which is to play in a divisional playoff game.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The Garrett Apologists are coming back out. Garrett Coach of the Year thread now in the Zone.

Mind boggling this love for the Red loser.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
According to Rappaport....

We are fucked! For a long time to come

Cowboys planning on extension for Jason Garrett
Published: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:05 am
Updated: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:12 am

Picking winner of Cowboys-Rams in Divisional Round

Jason Garrett will be back in the saddle for the Dallas Cowboys for a longtime to come.

Currently in his ninth season at the helm in Dallas, Garrett is likely to sign an extension whenever the offseason comes for the Cowboys, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Saturday morning. Dallas will make a strong attempt to lock him up.

"I'm told the Cowboys are positive that Garrett is going to be their coach going forward," Rapoport said on Good Morning Football: Weekend, "and after the season when this all ends, they do intend to begin negotiating a long-term extension with Garrett."

Garrett is under contract with the Cowboys through the 2019 season following an extension he signed in 2015 for five years and $30 million.

Another member of the Dallas staff set to return, as well, is Kris Richard, the team's defensive backs coach and defensive play-caller who was a popular head-coaching candidate. Richard was a finalist for the Miami Dolphins head-coaching vacancy, but as previously reported by Rapoport, that is expected to go to the Patriots' Brian Flores.

Richard is likely to be promoted to "full-time defensive coordinator" next season with current DC Rod Marinelli likely taking on a senior defensive assistant role.

"The Cowboys love this guy," Rapoport said, "cannot overstate what the players believe in Kris Richard."

And to Marinelli's credit, he "has been incredible regarding this situation giving play-calling duties to Richard," Rapoport added.

Following eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks -- the last three as defensive coordinator -- Richard is in his first season with the Cowboys and they're happy to add to that.

The same goes for Garrett, whose squad posted a 10-6 record in the regular season and won the NFC East title. Garrett boasts a 77-59 record with the Cowboys, which includes just three playoff appearances.

Hence, when Dallas sputtered to a 3-5 start to the season, some pondered a possible dismissal of Garrett, but it's likely that was never in consideration.

"I never quite got the sense that Garrett was for real in trouble with the Dallas Cowboys," Rapoport said. "This is someone they've invested a lot in and really did believe, even when they were 3-5, that he was the coach of the future. Now they know for sure."

But the immediate future for the Cowboys is in Los Angeles as they look to upset the second-seeded Rams in the Divisional Round of the playoff dance.

Whenever the Cowboys' final ride of the season comes to fruition, Garrett's future in Dallas will be extended.

"They are very focused on this game," Rapoport said, "but after the playoffs they'll get down to business

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They gave Wade an extension after winning a playoff game. How'd that work out?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
According to Rappaport....

We are fucked! For a long time to come

Cowboys planning on extension for Jason Garrett
Published: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:05 am
Updated: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:12 am

Picking winner of Cowboys-Rams in Divisional Round

Jason Garrett will be back in the saddle for the Dallas Cowboys for a longtime to come.

Currently in his ninth season at the helm in Dallas, Garrett is likely to sign an extension whenever the offseason comes for the Cowboys, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Saturday morning. Dallas will make a strong attempt to lock him up.

"I'm told the Cowboys are positive that Garrett is going to be their coach going forward," Rapoport said on Good Morning Football: Weekend, "and after the season when this all ends, they do intend to begin negotiating a long-term extension with Garrett."

Garrett is under contract with the Cowboys through the 2019 season following an extension he signed in 2015 for five years and $30 million.

Another member of the Dallas staff set to return, as well, is Kris Richard, the team's defensive backs coach and defensive play-caller who was a popular head-coaching candidate. Richard was a finalist for the Miami Dolphins head-coaching vacancy, but as previously reported by Rapoport, that is expected to go to the Patriots' Brian Flores.

Richard is likely to be promoted to "full-time defensive coordinator" next season with current DC Rod Marinelli likely taking on a senior defensive assistant role.

"The Cowboys love this guy," Rapoport said, "cannot overstate what the players believe in Kris Richard."

And to Marinelli's credit, he "has been incredible regarding this situation giving play-calling duties to Richard," Rapoport added.

Following eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks -- the last three as defensive coordinator -- Richard is in his first season with the Cowboys and they're happy to add to that.

The same goes for Garrett, whose squad posted a 10-6 record in the regular season and won the NFC East title. Garrett boasts a 77-59 record with the Cowboys, which includes just three playoff appearances.

Hence, when Dallas sputtered to a 3-5 start to the season, some pondered a possible dismissal of Garrett, but it's likely that was never in consideration.

"I never quite got the sense that Garrett was for real in trouble with the Dallas Cowboys," Rapoport said. "This is someone they've invested a lot in and really did believe, even when they were 3-5, that he was the coach of the future. Now they know for sure."

But the immediate future for the Cowboys is in Los Angeles as they look to upset the second-seeded Rams in the Divisional Round of the playoff dance.

Whenever the Cowboys' final ride of the season comes to fruition, Garrett's future in Dallas will be extended.

"They are very focused on this game," Rapoport said, "but after the playoffs they'll get down to business

Reading this really put a damper on my day. How depressing.

Top Bottom