sbk92

Reaction score
Like I said...that was hardly a concession on his part.

I don't think it was a bad decision.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It wasn't a bad decision, or more to the point, it wasn't monumentally stupid. If Chad Henne pans out it's pretty brilliant to get both a franchise LT and QB in the same draft.

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.. BP never actually said "maybe we should've taken Ryan". Simply, he could understand the reasoning behind some people thinking that "maybe we should have taken Ryan". He did say he didn't regret taking Long though, and that given another chance knowing what he knows now he'd still take Long.

He made a great pick taking a guy at a critical position in the NFL, who's been in the league 3 years and has made 3 pro bowls and 1 all pro team already. Can't ask for anything more than that.

A QB without a good line isn't the same.. just as a good OL without a good QB is a waste as well, that's my 2 cents.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
A QB without a good line isn't the same.. just as a good OL without a good QB is a waste as well, that's my 2 cents.

A good QB can make an OK offensive line look much better, i.e. Marino, Peyton, Romo... Heck look no further than the QB in Green Bay or the guy in Pittsburgh.

Reaction score
A good QB can make an OK offensive line look much better, i.e. Marino, Peyton, Romo... Heck look no further than the QB in Green Bay or the guy in Pittsburgh.

No doubt.. just as a good OL can help an average QB play better. Either way, im not faulting a man for making a decision to draft a premium position and get a guy who in 3 years has 3 pro bowls and one all pro already and is one of the best in the game at his position, if not the best.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Peyton's line has been underrated. And Romo really hasn't done anything behind a bad line. In fact, it's ended each of our promising seasons.

sbk92

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.. BP never actually said "maybe we should've taken Ryan". Simply, he could understand the reasoning behind some people thinking that "maybe we should have taken Ryan". He did say he didn't regret taking Long though, and that given another chance knowing what he knows now he'd still take Long.

He made a great pick taking a guy at a critical position in the NFL, who's been in the league 3 years and has made 3 pro bowls and 1 all pro team already. Can't ask for anything more than that.

You have to understand. This is a Dallas Cowboys board. Filled with Dallas Cowboys fans.

There's a need to take shots at the great first ballot hall of famer Bill Parcells. Doesn't matter how accurate the charge is. Just rip him. He's the guy who walked away from your football team.

Of course that was after he breathed new life into it, but hey.....we check our brains at the door in support of this team.

Plymkr

Reaction score
You have to understand. This is a Dallas Cowboys board. Filled with Dallas Cowboys fans.

There's a need to take shots at the great first ballot hall of famer Bill Parcells. Doesn't matter how accurate the charge is. Just rip him. He's the guy who walked away from your football team.

Of course that was after he breathed new life into it, but hey.....we check our brains at the door in support of this team.

Blah blah blah.

He WAS and STILL IS the enemy. LOYALTY WINS OUT ... lol.

I hear what your sayin man. And, it pains me to say , he did help the Cowboys in some ways. But, I didn't like him before coming to the Cowboys, and I am not one to put shit aside just because he came aboard the Cowboys.

He did also give the Cowboys fans Julius Jones,Barbie,the other barbie, so **** him.

Top Bottom