Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I take that back, I forgot that many dudes have had a date with your mom before, so that it's no longer special anymore. My bad.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think "won" and Midswat's Mom belong in the same sentence.

sbk92

Reaction score
None of the players mentioned in this spin to make Sam Young something other than garbage was a consensus 1st round pick one year and a late round flyer the next.

Reaction score
None of the players mentioned in this spin to make Sam Young something other than garbage was a consensus 1st round pick one year and a late round flyer the next.

The two I listed, Rod Wright and Ciron Black, were.

sbk92

Reaction score
As if you have talked to Notre Dame fans. Of course not. You don't need to talk to anyone when you happen to be the greatest football mind ever.

I have talked to Notre Dame fans. They're everywhere. I've also watched him play too many times to count. They're always on.

I didn't create this theory of Young being shat. He played like it for 4 years at Notre Dame. Came in with all world hype. Never once played like it.

There isn't an offensive lineman on this team, starters or bench players, who I would give a stack of footballs for.

sdogo

Reaction score

In your world.........it's ok to admit when your wrong. The only person here never wrong is Bob, it's just something us mortals need to deal with.

sbk92

Reaction score
In your world.........it's ok to admit when your wrong. The only person here never wrong is Bob, it's just something us mortals need to deal with.

I'm not wrong.

Sam Young was not a consensus 1st round pick after his junior year.

I'm also not wrong in saying he'll never be a quality starter in the NFL. Guaranteed. I don't even need to consider the possibility.

You don't fail in college for four years and develop stepping up in class. Fans are slapping lipstick on that pig.

sdogo

Reaction score
The two I listed, Rod Wright and Ciron Black, were.

They all were but the sooner you realize you are wasting your breath the more time you will have for more productive activities. He's not going to admit he's wrong and your not going make the earth spin in the opposite direction.

Reaction score
They all were but the sooner you realize you are wasting your breath the more time you will have for more productive activities. He's not going to admit he's wrong and your not going make the earth spin in the opposite direction.

Trust me. I know. I do it for the lol.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, coaches always take crappy players and make them 4-year starters.

Young did not live up to his high school slash recruiting hype but he started 4 years at a major university who ran an NFL-style Pro Offense. Everything I saw, heard , or read out of training camp was that he was a steal in the 6th round.

Seeing how we routinely waste picks like 3rd rounder Robert Brewster, I'm happy we landed Young.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, coaches always take crappy players and make them 4-year starters.

Young did not live up to his high school slash recruiting hype but he started 4 years at a major university who ran an NFL-style Pro Offense. Everything I saw, heard , or read out of training camp was that he was a steal in the 6th round.

Seeing how we routinely waste picks like 3rd rounder Robert Brewster, I'm happy we landed Young.

Yeah, he was a real stud. A consensus late round flyer to anyone with an informed opinion.

Mel had him ranked 22nd at T in his preview during his senior season. He thought the world of him.

I've watched him for 4 years. There's a reason why a guy who arrived at Notre Dame as the next big thing entered the NFL as a 6th round pick. And it's not because he played well. It's also not because of one down season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You are right, 6th round picks from top universities never work out in the NFL
brady-at-um.jpg

sbk92

Reaction score
Nobody said 6th round picks don't work out.

I said players who underachieve in college don't reach their potential in the NFL.

You're talking about a 4 year starter. And he never became more than a decent player.

Talk all the nonsense you want. I'll remind you of this discussion in 3 years when it's apparent to everyone the guy can't play.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nobody said 6th round picks don't work out.

I said players who underachieve in college don't reach their potential in the NFL.

You're talking about a 4 year starter. And he never became more than a decent player.

Talk all the nonsense you want. I'll remind you of this discussion in 3 years when it's apparent to everyone the guy can't play.

Not all overachievers find success in the NFL either and there's no indication that Young underachieved in college. He allowed just 2 sacks his senior year. The Irish finished ranked 9th in total offense in the country.

Here's proof that he was somewhat regarded entering his Senior year:

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/young_sam00.html

selected to Phil Steele's preseason All-America second team in 2009

ranked by Steele as the fourth-best offensive tackle in the country

Lindy's tabbed him the seventh-best offensive tackle in 2009 preseason

key reason why Steele ranked Notre Dame's offensive line as the fifth-best in the country.

He was also named to the Outland Trophy Watch List entering 2009.

The only questions people had about him is whether he lacked the lateral quickness to be more than just a RT in the NFL. And the reports all offseason was how he moved better than expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom