Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We still have almost 2 days, db.

My son is here. I'll post pics in OT when I get home.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If we don't win, it has nothing to do with our team sucking. Its because Universors didn't BELIEVE enough.

Reaction score
Who ever the next coach is needs to be an experienced college coach. It seems that there is a huge paradigm shift in the NFL right now that the college level coaches come into the NFL unbound to Antiquated theories and formulas of the NFL. It seems like other than Belichick, the college coaches are more likely to make attacking strategies for their team based on 1) the talent they have, and 2) a careful study of the parameters of the current game. College coaches would seem to have the advantage of using those two methods on a regular basis because their talent crop generally changes every year and the NCAA seems to change in trends regularly, the college coaches appear to know how quickly to assemble their scheme, game plan and give their teams the best chance. The Belichick success seems to be about his team being fairly identity-less. He changes his defense and his offense based on the team he is playing rather than trying to just dare the opponent to beat a obdurate scheme.

That said, I just have not seen the Callahan influence yet. The Callahan offense has much more slants, swing passes, screens, delays, draws, and overall diversified running. When Dallas had 2:39 on the clock against the Broncos with a tie score and starting from their 20, conventional wisdom would be the get the first down, run the clock and not give the Broncos: 1) great field position and 2) time to score. Going 5 wide with an offense that requires route adjustments means that a blitz that will rush the throw could force anything from a turnover to a 3 and out. Either way the Broncos get a great chance, and in the history of recent game management blunders, it stinks of the red head and is unchanged. Why not play action? You are on your own 20?

But wait, then during the Redskin game, Dallas is leading 21-9 in the third quarter. The clock is the main enemy and each first down reduces the possibility for any time of possession for the Redskins. Dallas has 2 three and out series without even a sniff that the Redskin should expect anything but the typical Garrett "go get open" pass patterns. The Redskins shut Dallas down and get momentum and confidence. That is again the fingerprints of an idiot...the same fingerprints who cannot seem to take the opportunities and control them. Even when Wade was HC, the plays of desperation or to end a game had no difference or special adjustment by Garrett; they were just "go gt open" and "let Romo make plays to find you".

In the Eagle game, there were several times that the Philly defense knew exactly where Romo was going with the ball and were covering the routes. These are still not Callahan's plays as much as just a few more running plays in Jason's scheme. Callahan,Romo, and Witten all warned in preseason that this is still Jason's scheme. Jerry had said that he hoped Callahan's WCO influence would add to the offense but with Jason's scheme, Wade Wilson's relay and very little overall design adjustments, the results will only change if Jason leaves or a RB emerges who can redefine the offense. From the rumors that Demarco Murray might be replaced by "an upgrade", hopefully the RB messiah comes soon.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who ever the next coach is needs to be an experienced college coach.
Ok, you want to hear something crazy... How about Art Briles? I'm convinced he's as much an offensive genius as Chip Kelly, he just doesn't have Phil Knight's money to give him the recruiting and high profile advantage.

Hardcore Texas guy... Jerry knows him...

You heard it here first. Or whatever that cornball saying is.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who ever the next coach is needs to be an experienced college coach. It seems that there is a huge paradigm shift in the NFL right now that the college level coaches come into the NFL unbound to Antiquated theories and formulas of the NFL. It seems like other than Belichick, the college coaches are more likely to make attacking strategies for their team based on 1) the talent they have, and 2) a careful study of the parameters of the current game. College coaches would seem to have the advantage of using those two methods on a regular basis because their talent crop generally changes every year and the NCAA seems to change in trends regularly, the college coaches appear to know how quickly to assemble their scheme, game plan and give their teams the best chance. The Belichick success seems to be about his team being fairly identity-less. He changes his defense and his offense based on the team he is playing rather than trying to just dare the opponent to beat a obdurate scheme.

That said, I just have not seen the Callahan influence yet. The Callahan offense has much more slants, swing passes, screens, delays, draws, and overall diversified running. When Dallas had 2:39 on the clock against the Broncos with a tie score and starting from their 20, conventional wisdom would be the get the first down, run the clock and not give the Broncos: 1) great field position and 2) time to score. Going 5 wide with an offense that requires route adjustments means that a blitz that will rush the throw could force anything from a turnover to a 3 and out. Either way the Broncos get a great chance, and in the history of recent game management blunders, it stinks of the red head and is unchanged. Why not play action? You are on your own 20?

But wait, then during the Redskin game, Dallas is leading 21-9 in the third quarter. The clock is the main enemy and each first down reduces the possibility for any time of possession for the Redskins. Dallas has 2 three and out series without even a sniff that the Redskin should expect anything but the typical Garrett "go get open" pass patterns. The Redskins shut Dallas down and get momentum and confidence. That is again the fingerprints of an idiot...the same fingerprints who cannot seem to take the opportunities and control them. Even when Wade was HC, the plays of desperation or to end a game had no difference or special adjustment by Garrett; they were just "go gt open" and "let Romo make plays to find you".

In the Eagle game, there were several times that the Philly defense knew exactly where Romo was going with the ball and were covering the routes. These are still not Callahan's plays as much as just a few more running plays in Jason's scheme. Callahan,Romo, and Witten all warned in preseason that this is still Jason's scheme. Jerry had said that he hoped Callahan's WCO influence would add to the offense but with Jason's scheme, Wade Wilson's relay and very little overall design adjustments, the results will only change if Jason leaves or a RB emerges who can redefine the offense. From the rumors that Demarco Murray might be replaced by "an upgrade", hopefully the RB messiah comes soon.

Whoa, whoa, whoa

That'll take me 10 minutes to read. I don't have that much time.

Reaction score
Ok, you want to hear something crazy... How about Art Briles? I'm convinced he's as much an offensive genius as Chip Kelly, he just doesn't have Phil Knight's money to give him the recruiting and high profile advantage.

Hardcore Texas guy... Jerry knows him...

You heard it here first. Or whatever that cornball saying is.

I played against his Stephenville High School Football. This mofo can coach some football!

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to temporarily lock this thread because a) it is stupid and b) I want to know what it feels like to abuse my power like Brainpaint.

Top Bottom