ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm fascinated by the Skins passing on Leonard Williams. Has anyone heard anything about that? Even if they liked Scherff better, which they obviously did for some reason, I'd think they could auction off that pick for quite a bit to move down just a few spots and still get their guy. Was Williams not as highly thought of as everyone believed?

Reaction score
Only hearing criticism about the Skins passing on him.

What grade would you give the NFC East teams?

I don't remember hearing/reading much about agholar but everyone seems to love the Eagles pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm fascinated by the Skins passing on Leonard Williams. Has anyone heard anything about that? Even if they liked Scherff better, which they obviously did for some reason, I'd think they could auction off that pick for quite a bit to move down just a few spots and still get their guy. Was Williams not as highly thought of as everyone believed?

I think a lot of people are wondering why they didn't try to move down a few spots.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only hearing criticism about the Skins passing on him.

What grade would you give the NFC East teams?

I don't remember hearing/reading much about agholar but everyone seems to love the Eagles pick.

I think the Redskins and Eagles both took good players, albeit I thought both were a tad early. I think the Giants may have reached a lot for the guy they got. Loved him in the 20's, but at 9?

I think I'd give everybody a B right now. Maybe a C+ for us. Maybe B+ for Scherff because he does look like a solid prospect, however if he cant stay at T and has to move inside to G then taking him at 5 wasn't good value.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I give the Giants a F.

So glad they passed on Gurley.

I actually liked the player they picked, he was one of my kinda sleeper picks for us if all the other guys we liked were gone and we took a OL. I do think they picked him 15-20 spots early. If he's the guy they truly wanted maybe they should have moved down.

But yeah, passing on Gurley to take him is a relief IMO too.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are wondering why they didn't try to move down a few spots.

I guess my point is, I'm sure they did try... But the fact they didn't tells me there wasn't the demand for Williams I would have thought, at least among picks, say, 6-9.

For now, I'd say we dodged a bullet on their passing on him. I still think 5 is way too high for any OL outside of a franchise left tackle.

Reaction score
@Birddog26: If Cowboys decide to take a second CB, Alex Carter from Stanford is a name to watch.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The Redskins seem to think they are fine at DL with the addition of Knighton and Paea. Now Knighton is a decent pick-up but bear in mind he was playing alongside better players in Denver (#3 ranked defense) and came to the #20 ranked defense (Redskins). On top of that... they signed Knighton only for ONE YEAR.

And Paea... well, he's played in the 4-3 his entire career and now is in the 3-4 with a rookie DC.

Leonard Williams could have been a cornerstone player that they could build the DL around.

Scherff however might be insurance. I do not know for sure, but I think I read a few publications that after this season, Trent Williams is a free agent, so I imagine the Redskins will try to work out a deal but you know he is going to command a helft salry. In addition... Ryan Kerrigan's rookie contract is up I believe, then they have the $16 million option that has been pickup for Robert 1.2.3.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the Redskins and Eagles both took good players, albeit I thought both were a tad early. I think the Giants may have reached a lot for the guy they got. Loved him in the 20's, but at 9?

I think I'd give everybody a B right now. Maybe a C+ for us. Maybe B+ for Scherff because he does look like a solid prospect, however if he cant stay at T and has to move inside to G then taking him at 5 wasn't good value.

Definitely. Scherff is NOT the 5th best player in this draft. As for the Eagles... I would have taken that WR Dorsett (?) that went to the COLTS.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah on fox sports radio just said Scherff is a guard in the NFL.

According to Redskins' coaches and GM, they have him at RT. The comparisons to Jon Jansen.

I think they copy-cat off of us getting Zach Martin and move him to Guard. It's Snyder's M.O.: gets jealous whenever there is a lot of print about the Cowboys, and there was tons of it about the Cowboys OL and particularly Zach Martin --- first rookie guiard to ever win First Team All-Pro honors.

Them going after Callahan definitely supports this, even though they are under the severe misconception that Callahan was responsible for the Cowboys' OL success.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Redskins seem to think they are fine at DL with the addition of Knighton and Paea. Now Knighton is a decent pick-up but bear in mind he was playing alongside better players in Denver (#3 ranked defense) and came to the #20 ranked defense (Redskins). On top of that... they signed Knighton only for ONE YEAR.

And Paea... well, he's played in the 4-3 his entire career and now is in the 3-4 with a rookie DC.

Leonard Williams could have been a cornerstone player that they could build the DL around.
Yeah, I'm not impressed with Paea or Knighton at all. Knighton's just a big fat space eater, total opposite of Williams. In fact I bet he's a bust. He's just the kind of player I wouldn't give a big contract to.

Reaction score
Jones is a high second round pick at best. Still need DL and apparently we are just rolling with an empty backfield next season. Excellent.
Fuckin A... the draft's barely even started.

The bit about complaining that we didn't fill all 5 of our need positions in one pick is so tired.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who else thinks there's no way we don't trade up in the second for a back when one or two go off the board?

Reaction score
I hope we don't... I wouldn't put it past Jerry though.

Don't panic re RBs. There are plenty of serviceable guys there. We need pass rusher next really.

Top Bottom