Reaction score
NFL insider Peter King: I think Adrian Peterson is gonna be a Dallas Cowboy

aa.JPG

On the Cowboys

Peter King: I think they need Romo, as everybody who watched the game against Arizona saw. Arizona had no fear of Brandon Weeden beating them, so they crowded the box a little more than normal teams have done. They basically loaded up to stop DeMarco Murray. You're gonna see more of that if Weeden has to play. That's why Romo playing this week, and I anticipate that he will, is absolutely vital or I think they would be in severe danger of losing this game.

On Adrian Peterson playing in the future for Dallas.

Peter King: It just makes sense to me. If I had to go put money in Vegas on where Adrian Peterson would play, I'm not sure I would put it on Dallas. But sometimes you just get a feeling about things, about where you think something is headed. I just think Adrian Peterson, before he retires, is gonna be a Cowboy. I just do. I've always thought it and long before Jerry had that silly flirtation with him last year. He's a Texas guy. It strikes me as something Jerry would want to do. I have no inside information whatsoever. But if you ask me my gut feeling, if Adrian Peterson is out there on the street and the Cowboys have some cap room. I think the Cowboys will be interested in him. And everybody will say, 'wait a second. That's crazy. DeMarco Murray. They have to sign him.' There's no question about it. But I don't think the Cowboys are going to pay DeMarco Murray anywhere near what he wants to be paid. I think they'll end up reaching some agreement with him when push comes to shove. You're silly to pay running backs half of quarterback money in my opinion.​

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...rian-peterson-is-gonna-be-a-dallas-cowboy.ece

Reaction score
I dont see it happening. Unless, the Cowboys cant re-sign Murray to a long term deal.

What do ya'll think?

Reaction score
Either way we shall have an Ex-Sooner RB and that's fine by me...BOOMER

But I'd rather keep DeMarco if its very reasonable which I sincerely doubt. This will be DeMarco's one and only chance to get paid.

He will and should look out for himself since he will be out the league in probably 3 years....

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
But I'd rather keep DeMarco if its very reasonable which I sincerely doubt. This will be DeMarco's one and only chance to get paid.

I agree.Barring injury,Murray's going to put up a good yardage number to bargain with.I wouldn't be surprised to see him get stupid money,but not from Dallas.

Reaction score
Peterson's simply a better RB... and he'll be cheaper given his legal troubles. If DeMarco wants to be paid market price, I'd let him walk and jump on Peterson in a heartbeat.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Murray puts up good fumble numbers to bargain with too.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
15 milly...and about +13milly on the cap.

He's still a great player tho.. Regardless of all this shit going on with him now. If anything he's probably going to go ape shit when he's reinstated.

If I'm the Vikings I'm not cutting him just because everyone thinks I should based on this child abuse incident.. Why? So someone else can reep the benefits. And I'm not trading him because his value at this point is probably at its lowest it ever will be. They won't get shit. A 3rd? Fuck that. You get more outta him if he's on the team.

I just don't see the sense in cutting him.. Even with that cap figure. He's worth it to me. I'd have to see a decline in his performance before that ever becomes an issue.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see why they'd cut him, either, and I don't think they will. They've been having to pay him while he's on leave, after all, and I'm sure they'd like to get something out of him this year. Plus they finally have good coaching (right, dbair?) and might have a QB after all the crap he's suffered behind all these years.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see why they'd cut him, either, and I don't think they will. They've been having to pay him while he's on leave, after all, and I'm sure they'd like to get something out of him this year. Plus they finally have good coaching (right, dbair?) and might have a QB after all the crap he's suffered behind all these years.

Zigy Wilf has all but said that Peterson will not be with the Vikings.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
drunk drivers .. shoplifters .. child beaters

quite a little team we're assembling

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
but once Garrett rubs his ginger on them they instantly become glorious warriors and leaders of the community.

duh?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is a known thing ever since "the phone call"
Yes, the timing of the call from Petersen to Jerry's cell phone was interesting. That Petersen even HAD Jerry's cell phone number, was quite interesting as well.

Top Bottom