dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just laughing as people get suckered by all of these "Dallas is interested in" tweets.

We ain't doing shit. By design.

Yeah I think some players' agents put that stuff out there in the hopes of driving up the teams they are talking to take action.

Have we actually had any discussions with any free agents yet? I know visits cant officially happen till later today, but I don't know that we have anything real "official" regarding us. Almost appears we are sitting out the first few days altogether again.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just laughing as people get suckered by all of these "Dallas is interested in" tweets.

Hell even NFL.com and the worldwide leader name the Cowboys as a potential landing spot for just about every FA.
Pretty formulaic these days.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Forte signs with the Jets.

Osweilier agrees to deal with Texans.

Giants sign Damin Harrison.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Will be absolutely hilarious if Osweiler flames out there. they probably are paying a shit ton to get him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Might be saying they don't think that much of Osweiler too though. Guess we'll see when the numbers come out.
To my recollection, they'd made him a offer. Wonder if they get a compensatory pick now.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess qb-desperate Houston blew them out of the water, because it's crazy to give up on a 2nd rounder that you've been grooming for three years and showed a lot of poise last year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So much for "letting them sit and learn" Denver basically trained and groomed Osweiler for three years, so a opponent wouldn't need to.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess qb-desperate Houston blew them out of the water, because it's crazy to give up on a 2nd rounder that you've been grooming for three years and showed a lot of poise last year.
Ya think he might have been just a bit pissed they yanked him on the eve of the playoffs?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So much for "letting them sit and learn" Denver basically trained and groomed Osweiler for three years, so a opponent wouldn't need to.

Elway's a QB himself though. Maybe they liked him and wanted to keep him, but didn't believe he was a star caliber QB

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To my recollection, they'd made him a offer. Wonder if they get a compensatory pick now.

He'll definitely be in the formula for them for next year.

Basically a net of true free agents signed vs true free agents lost, with some account for contract sizes etc etc I believe.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Elway's a QB himself though. Maybe they liked him and wanted to keep him, but didn't believe he was a star caliber QB
They had to make a choice who to expose to the market, Osweiler or Von Miller. I don't think that was a very difficult choice.

But now, the Super Bowl champions have NO quarterback.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lamar Miller just signed with Texans too.

Ian Rapoport
✔ ‎‎@RapSheet

The #Texans long-awaited deal for RB Lamar Miller is 4 years, $26M, source said. $14M fully guaranteed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They had to make a choice who to expose to the market, Osweiler or Miller. I don't think that was a very difficult choice.

But now, the Super Bowl champions have NO quarterback.

they got both

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

my guess is that they had a dollar amount assigned to him and wouldn't budge. makes no sense to ditch a young guy who's familiar with your system for a glorified option QB and malcontent (Kaep).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
my guess is that they had a dollar amount assigned to him and wouldn't budge. makes no sense to ditch a young guy who's familiar with your system for a glorified option QB and malcontent (Kaep).

guess they are saying RGIII might be in play for them now too

Top Bottom