touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Mavs' Luka Doncic dazzles with 73, tied for 4th in NBA history

Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic had a night to remember Friday, lighting up State Farm Arena for a career-high 73 points in a 148-143 victory over the Atlanta Hawks.

It's the highest-scoring game in the NBA this season, passing the 70-point performance by Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid on Monday against the San Antonio Spurs and tying Wilt Chamberlain and David Thompson for the fourth-highest output in NBA history. Chamberlain, who owns the NBA record with 100 points, also had a 78-point outing, while Kobe Bryant finished with 81 points on Jan. 22, 2006.

Friday night marked just the NBA's 15th 70-point game, and Doncic is the 10th player to reach the plateau.

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
Nuggets may must win back-to-back. Making it only their 2nd championship in franchise history. But, the Celtics may have a say in the matter.

And this 22 year old kid will be in MVP conversations in another two years. Absolutely phenomenal! 20240421_184833.jpg

Meanwhile....20240421_184808.jpg

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
Nuggets may must win back-to-back. Making it only their 2nd championship in franchise history. But, the Celtics may have a say in the matter.
Lol. Love seeing Lebron lose.... AGAIN! 20240423_040301.jpg
Meanwhile.... :mad: 20240423_035912.jpg

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
20240504_103129.jpg
Meanwhile....
20240504_102755.jpg
Saquon Barkley is taking in the Philadelphia atmosphere, but he isn't 100% able to avoid the wrath of the New York faithful.

The 2018 No. 2 overall pick signed a three-year deal with the Eagles after spending six seasons with the New York Giants.

The running back was on the record for saying he wanted to be a lifelong Giant, prompting hate on social media. It should be noted that the Giants did not even offer Barkley a contract and released him when they could have franchise-tagged him.

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
WOW! The Timberwolves shook off nerves, first-half lethargy & even 20 years of generational ineptitude to not only cement themselves as a bonafide championship contender but to knock off the defending champion Nuggets on their home floor, & coming back from a 20-point deficit to do so. Priceless!

They'll have home-court advantage against the Mavs.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Finals are set. I'm calling Celtics in six...

Celtics look to be a tough out, I'm sadly inclined to agree but I didnt expect the Mavs to get this far so perhaps they have some surprises left for us

Maveric

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bit of a rough patch in the third quarter, but otherwise Celtics dominate and take Game One!

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
I hate the black uniforms the Mavs wore tonight!!!

Why not a nice blue???

With those black uniforms, I could not make out the player's frames to better follow the action, like I could with the Celtics...

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
Remember Delonte West Mavs fans? Please keep him in your prayers!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hate the black uniforms the Mavs wore tonight!!!

Why not a nice blue???

With those black uniforms, I could not make out the player's frames to better follow the action, like I could with the Celtics...

given the outcome, they should have worn black and blue uniforms

🎶🎵 Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas a sweep 🎵🎶

daboyz

MAGA 🇺🇸
Reaction score
Both father & son died in their early forties. The elder Maravich was the NCAA's all-time leading scorer & had a renewed wave of publicity earlier this year when his record was broken by Iowa's Caitlin Clark.

Tragically, Pete Maravich died in 1988 at age 40 of an undiagnosed heart condition. LSU did not reveal Josh Maravich's cause of death.

Top Bottom