InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score

InternetKing

Reaction score
schedule as follows @ https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

Friday, August 26

10 a.m. – Artemis I briefing on the role of industry in advancing human exploration

Saturday, August 27

11 a.m. – Artemis I post mission management team meeting status briefing
2:30 p.m. – Artemis I pre-launch news conference on NASA’s Moon to Mars exploration plans

Sunday, August 28

9 a.m. – Artemis I countdown status briefing

Monday, August 29

12 a.m. – Coverage begins for the fueling of the Space Launch System Moon rocket on the Artemis I mission
6:30 a.m. – Artemis I launch coverage begins in English. Launch coverage will continue through translunar injection and spacecraft separation, setting Orion on its path to the Moon. (Two-hour launch window opens at 8:33 a.m. EDT)
7:30 a.m. – Launch coverage begins in Spanish on NASA’s Spanish-language social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) and will continue approximately 15 minutes after liftoff. Mission coverage updates will be posted on the NASA en español social media channels.
12 p.m. – Artemis I post-launch news conference (time subject to change)
4 p.m. – Coverage of Orion’s first outbound trajectory correction burn
5:30 p.m. – Coverage of Orion’s first imagery of the Earth following trans lunar injection

live NASA tv:

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The rocket looks almost like the Saturn V, not as tall. I hope they have cameras on the front of the capsule to film the moon as its gets closer, like the one SpaceX uses to dock with the ISS.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You would think that if we were really going back to the moon that it would be massive news on every network everywhere and that the news outlets would be talking about it non stop!

This thread is the first I’ve heard of this.

Granted, I don’t watch much news anymore because it’s all biased and slanted as fuck. So maybe I missed the story somehow.

But I would think a story like this would be damn near impossible to miss.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You would think that if we were really going back to the moon that it would be massive news on every network everywhere and that the news outlets would be talking about it non stop!

Granted, I don’t watch much news anymore because it’s all biased and slanted as fuck. So maybe I missed the story somehow.

We're not going back to the moon anytime soon. This is a test, going around the moon.

Coverage I've seen ballyhoos the project as historic, putting the "first woman and person of color on the moon."

White male need not apply.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score

The liberal media could care less, Fox has been talking about it off and on all week and will have live coverage of the launch starting 6am Monday morning. People today don't appreciate the achievement of doing something like this anymore. My great Nephew is in high school and hadn't heard one thing about it. I grew up during the moon landings, it was always a great event in school.

InternetKing

Reaction score
It did show on major networks but got postponed to Sept 2nd due to issues with engine and weather.

InternetKing

Reaction score
It did show on major networks but got postponed to Sept 2nd due to issues with engine and weather.
no. it is official its on saturday sept 3rd

NASA will target Saturday, Sept. 3 at 2:17 p.m. EDT, the beginning of a two-hour window, for the launch of Artemis I, the first integrated test of NASA’s Orion spacecraft, Space Launch System (SLS) rocket, and the ground systems at the agency’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. ....

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Orion Heatshield Aftermath Following Lunar Return | Artemis I

Views from USS Portland's well deck of the Artemis I Orion capsule after its arrival at Naval Base San Diego on December 13.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
SpaceX Starship April 2023.JPG

The SpaceX Starship test flight was intentionally terminated when the first stage failed to separate. Hence the "explosion."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The SpaceX Starship test flight was intentionally terminated when the first stage failed to separate. Hence the "explosion
Yeah, that's the spin. But the truth is, the fuckin thing didn't work! They didn't have to blow it up, it was already way out over the gulf. It fuckin blew up on its own.

Top Bottom