dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For those holding out hope (like me) Troy might be involved in running our team here are some unfortunate quotes:

If Aikman gets that opportunity, he doesn't expect it to be with the Dallas Cowboys, the only NFL team he ever played for. The reason: Jerry Jones.

"I doubt it. I mean, I think that's a real long shot," Aikman said on 1310 The Ticket regarding his chances of becoming the Cowboys general manager. "I believe that it's unlikely that Jerry will ever bring somebody in that can help this football team in that regard just because he's been real stubborn and steadfast, in that he's the one in charge.

"I think in a lot of ways until that changes, this team's going to have some problems. Would he ever ask me to come be a part of it? I think that'd be a real leap of faith. I don't envision that happening, and I don't envision it happening at any point, quite honestly, no matter who's in charge out there."

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im pretty sure someone posted this already, but im just making sure that this video is spread throughout the internet as much as possible

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For those holding out hope (like me) Troy might be involved in running our team here are some unfortunate quotes:

let's see, how can jeri get me to hate him more?

how about allowing Aikman go GM another organization to great success instead of the Cowboys where he belongs and where the need is massive?

yeah, that oughta do it

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I saw someone suggest that Troy should become the GM of the Redskins. That would be crazy.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
AFIK only two NFL teams have the same person as President/GM, the Redskins and us.
Only one team has the same person as Owner/GM/President; us.
Jerry's ego doesn't allow him to think the 90's team was anything but his leadership and a fuck ton of cash. The whole SB XXX thing only reinforced this delusion.
I believe Aikman would make a pretty good GM based on his competitiveness alone, much less the respect a HOFer, 3 time Superbowl winner and his overall knowledge of the game would generate.
Jerry's the fucking guy who burned your house down giving you advice about fire prevention.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AFIK only two NFL teams have the same person as President/GM, the Redskins and us.
Only one team has the same person as Owner/GM/President; us.
Jerry's ego doesn't allow him to think the 90's team was anything but his leadership and a fuck ton of cash. The whole SB XXX thing only reinforced this delusion.
I believe Aikman would make a pretty good GM based on his competitiveness alone, much less the respect a HOFer, 3 time Superbowl winner and his overall knowledge of the game would generate.
Jerry's the fucking guy who burned your house down giving you advice about fire prevention.

did you just compare jerry jones to fire marshall bill ?

1576185843566.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's obvious that this roster is overrated. As is the idea that we've drafted better which we haven't. Thus the poor product on the field.

If only we had some talent here for this elite staff to work with. The way they game plan, make adjustments, set the game day rosters and motivate is all for naught because there's such a shortfall of talent.

I'm sure Garrett, Marinelli and Richard are all really Super Bowl caliber coaches handcuffed by a poor roster.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If only we had some talent here for this elite staff to work with. The way they game plan, make adjustments, set the game day rosters and motivate is all for naught because there's such a shortfall of talent.

I'm sure Garrett, Marinelli and Richard are all really Super Bowl caliber coaches handcuffed by a poor roster.

You've been connecting the "talent" on this team to the staff in almost every post someone makes regarding talent. I know this staff isn't good and it's HC sucks balls. I've known it for a while. But they are not mutually exclusive.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You've been connecting the "talent" on this team to the staff in almost every post someone makes regarding talent. I know this staff isn't good and it's HC sucks balls. I've known it for a while. But they are not mutually exclusive.

Bad or lousy talent + bad or lousy coaching would equal 2-14 seasons.

So yeah, it is mutually connective.

Top Bottom