Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course Troy is right and he's just stating the obvious. Remember in the old CZ days when some dolts tried to convince us that we're run just like every other team? Those threads would go on and on but it's obvious the way this team is run is detrimental to a winning football program.

Having said that, I don't think Jerry cares one bit. He's not stupid and he's been criticized for his role for many, many years. He saw the formula of success when he had Jimmy but that wasn't good enough and he's not willing to repeat that same formula. His goal is money. It's what drives most wealthy folks. One billion is not enough.....they need to have two billion. And then when they have two billion, they need four.....it's what drives them. Wins, losses and Superbowls are meaningless if he's not making money. He's a salesman that makes money hand over fist. When he goes to football stadiums and he sees the sea of Cowboy's jerseys and how well fans travel even having not accomplished a damn thing in almost 25 years, that just validates him. He's a winner, all the way to the bank. He got a new stadium, the Star, a yacht, a plane, investments out the ass and he hasn't seen a SB in 25 years. Fuck me, he hasn't seen an NFC Championship game, let alone SB.

I've said it 100 times. The NFL is not run like a normal business. Jerry and others have become multi-billionaires without having a quality product; fan funded stadiums and extravagant seat licenses have seen tho that. Troy stating the obvious won't change a thing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My God....I posted almost the same post over at CZ and it got deleted. I did add a few more comments regarding past debates about the topic of how we're run (as an organization) and the Mod fools deleted it.

My goodness, how fucking lame. And if any of the CZ Mods read this forum, you're lame for deleting the post......

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
His goal is money.

imo, its now just a goal, not THE goal. Fame and attention are what he lives for.

take that away and he'll wither & die

ps..love how you got the fools riled up at CZ and they couldn't even see your sarcasm, lol

that Rockport dude is a piece of work, glad to see you busting is ballz

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My God....I posted almost the same post over at CZ and it got deleted. I did add a few more comments regarding past debates about the topic of how we're run (as an organization) and the Mod fools deleted it.

My goodness, how fucking lame. And if any of the CZ Mods read this forum, you're lame for deleting the post......

wtf?

their censorship BS drives me nuts. There's none here and somehow things work just fine

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wtf?

their censorship BS drives me nuts. There's none here and somehow things work just fine

Looks like it was Idgit. I was going to send a PM to all 3 mods on duty but just don't see the point. It's just not that important. I'll have myself banned before the day is out anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
imo, its now just a goal, not THE goal. Fame and attention are what he lives for.

take that away and he'll wither & die

ps..love how you got the fools riled up at CZ and they couldn't even see your sarcasm, lol

that Rockport dude is a piece of work, glad to see you busting is ballz

You're 100% spot on. I've told this story before but when I get tickets for the Giants game, I'm able to get on the field while the teams are warming up. We're still separated from the players but it's pretty neat, none the less. The last time I was there Jerry comes down to the field where the fans are and just wallows in the adulation. He signed autographs, took pictures and was just the center of a screaming fan base. He absolutely thrives on it.

The real problem is if it were Philly or New York fans, security would have to keep the fans separated from the owner and/or GM. But we love our snake oil salesman.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Of course Troy is right and he's just stating the obvious. Remember in the old CZ days when some dolts tried to convince us that we're run just like every other team? Those threads would go on and on but it's obvious the way this team is run is detrimental to a winning football program.

Having said that, I don't think Jerry cares one bit. He's not stupid and he's been criticized for his role for many, many years. He saw the formula of success when he had Jimmy but that wasn't good enough and he's not willing to repeat that same formula. His goal is money. It's what drives most wealthy folks. One billion is not enough.....they need to have two billion. And then when they have two billion, they need four.....it's what drives them. Wins, losses and Superbowls are meaningless if he's not making money. He's a salesman that makes money hand over fist. When he goes to football stadiums and he sees the sea of Cowboy's jerseys and how well fans travel even having not accomplished a damn thing in almost 25 years, that just validates him. He's a winner, all the way to the bank. He got a new stadium, the Star, a yacht, a plane, investments out the ass and he hasn't seen a SB in 25 years. Fuck me, he hasn't seen an NFC Championship game, let alone SB.

I've said it 100 times. The NFL is not run like a normal business. Jerry and others have become multi-billionaires without having a quality product; fan funded stadiums and extravagant seat licenses have seen tho that. Troy stating the obvious won't change a thing.

I wanted to like this post several times.
Jerry is much happier with the great ratings for the Pats and Bills games than he is disappointed the Cowboys crapped themselves in that same window.
Jerry "wants to win" but having the most valuable franchise in all of pro sports is a great consolation prize.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Shit, I should read further down.
We seem to have reached a consensus here and not a damn thing we can do about it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You're 100% spot on. I've told this story before but when I get tickets for the Giants game, I'm able to get on the field while the teams are warming up. We're still separated from the players but it's pretty neat, none the less. The last time I was there Jerry comes down to the field where the fans are and just wallows in the adulation. He signed autographs, took pictures and was just the center of a screaming fan base. He absolutely thrives on it.

The real problem is if it were Philly or New York fans, security would have to keep the fans separated from the owner and/or GM. But we love our snake oil salesman.

My dad said something similar. He was at a game years ago and git there very early and jeri came walking out by himself and just slowly walked from one end of the field to the other and back doing exactly what you said

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
not a damn thing we can do about it.

sadly

we could but fans have zero solidarity and would never do what it would take to humble that fucker, Hell, anyone who tries to bring up any sort of coordinated attack gets ridiculed

we are dumb fucks for giving this team one moment of our thoughts

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
sadly

we could but fans have zero solidarity and would never do what it would take to humble that fucker, Hell, anyone who tries to bring up any sort of coordinated attack gets ridiculed

we are dumb fucks for giving this team one moment of our thoughts

Spot on.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad said something similar. He was at a game years ago and git there very early and jeri came walking out by himself and just slowly walked from one end of the field to the other and back doing exactly what you said

He's an absolute flaming narcissist.......I cringed when I watched A Football Life and watched that deranged lunatic putting on his jacket while his family watched.

I'll tell you, it's a good time to be a non-Cowboys fan. We eat so much shit because of this guy it's tough.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I cringed when I watched A Football Life

I've never been able to bring myself to watch it knowing it would send me into a rage.

enduring this jackass is a small taste of what it must be like to try and live under psychopathic despots like Ceausescu in Romania during the days of the USSR and the poor folks in North Korea subjected to the reign of Kims for over half a century ad still to this very moment

I gotta get my priorities right and put my passions to better use as I spend far too much time being angry about this damn team

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never been able to bring myself to watch it knowing it would send me into a rage.

enduring this jackass is a small taste of what it must be like to try and live under psychopathic despots like Ceausescu in Romania during the days of the USSR and the poor folks in North Korea subjected to the reign of Kims for over half a century ad still to this very moment

I gotta get my priorities right and put my passions to better use as I spend far too much time being angry about this damn team

I hear you. I watched it just for the "historical" perceptive and to see what I could pick up. There was really nothing of any substance, to be honest.

For the most part, I've found other interests during the season and off-season. I'm not going to go nuts over Jerry and his spawn. I'll wait for Garrett to go and Jerry to meet his maker. Both are coming soon....no?:-??

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll wait for Garrett to go and Jerry to meet his maker. Both are coming soon
NO chance of Jerry meeting his maker. The marmoset that shit him out unquestionably died long ago - probably while giving birth to the slimy piece of shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually don't believe all Jones cares about is money.

Because if that was his major motivating factor for running the team the way he does, he'd have fired himself as GM years ago and kept doing whatever it took to build a winner. Yeah he makes money doing what he is doing, but he'd make WAY MORE money if the Cowboys were year in and year out true contenders.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I think the fame/attention is numero uno for him

Because if that was his major motivating factor for running the team the way he does, he'd have fired himself as GM years ago and kept doing whatever it took to build a winner. Yeah he makes money doing what he is doing, but he'd make WAY MORE money if the Cowboys were year in and year out true contenders.

BINGO!

He'd be into me for over $250,000+since acquiring the Cowboys if he ran things like NE and had half their success. My dad would have probably spent more.

Instead, all he's gotten from me is whatever my eyeballs are worth when watching the NFL. I haven't bought a jersey, a ticket (did get a few given to me) or even anything from the concession stands. Strike that I did spend $650 on a super bowl ticket for XXX, so he's gotten about $1,000 out of me

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones is so smitten with proving to everyone he can be a great GM, that he truly believes (in my opinion) that if he did this for 100 years and ONE time lucked into a championship, all the losing and misery would be forgotten and he could say he had "built a winner my way"

Of course he is now up to 24 years, and he is 0/24 so maybe 1/100 is more of a fantasy than anyone could really believe.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

BINGO!

He'd be into me for over $250,000+since acquiring the Cowboys if he ran things like NE and had half their success. My dad would have probably spent more.

Instead, all he's gotten from me is whatever my eyeballs are worth when watching the NFL. I haven't bought a jersey, a ticket (did get a few given to me) or even anything from the concession stands. Strike that I did spend $650 on a super bowl ticket for XXX, so he's gotten about $1,000 out of me

Can you guys let me know how Jerry could have made more money? He owns the most valuable team in all of sports without winning shit in 25 years. He built a new stadium, bought a luxury yacht, built the Star, made investments out the ass, etc.

He's made a shitload of money without building a winner. He's cornered his logo so you can't buy an authentic jersey anywhere but from him. He's made monster marketing deals and do you think AT&T would have paid him more money for the naming rights had he won more SB's? Do you think he could have charged more in seat licenses which are already outrageous and suckers bought them?

Jerry's made money and he's done it without winning shit for over 2 decades. If he wanted to win, he knows how and he had the formula. That's not important for him because he doesn't measure success in terms of SB's but rather dollars. He's a businessman posing as a GM. Complete fraud.

Top Bottom