Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NO chance of Jerry meeting his maker. The marmoset that shit him out unquestionably died long ago - probably while giving birth to the slimy piece of shit.

He's starting to look frail. A bad cold or a minor infection could actually do it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you guys let me know how Jerry could have made more money? He owns the most valuable team in all of sports without winning shit in 25 years. He built a new stadium, bought a luxury yacht, built the Star, made investments out the ass, etc.

He's made a shitload of money without building a winner. He's cornered his logo so you can't buy an authentic jersey anywhere but from him. He's made monster marketing deals and do you think AT&T would have paid him more money for the naming rights had he won more SB's? Do you think he could have charged more in seat licenses which are already outrageous and suckers bought them?

Jerry's made money and he's done it without winning shit for over 2 decades. If he wanted to win, he knows how and he had the formula. That's not important for him because he doesn't measure success in terms of SB's but rather dollars. He's a businessman posing as a GM. Complete fraud.

The brand was garbage when he took over. They couldnt even sell out home games on a regular basis. Jersey and logo merchandise sales had tanked.

It only came back because the team started winning. They've gravy trained off those 3 super bowls for years. Jerry is a master marketer and was obviously the key cog in the TV deals the league has gotten (where he gets a shit ton of money) but don't forget he needed Parcells to get that stadium approved. Even after winning 3 titles in the early to mid 90's public support and popularity of the team started to fade.

There is no question he has made a Fort Knox type windfall from his investment in the team. But I am pretty sure if you do research into any sports $$$ making, being a winner and/or having the best players has a significant impact.

Nobody disputes he hasn't made a shitload of money. But a WINNING Cowboys team would be even more of a cash cow.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can you guys let me know how Jerry could have made more money? He owns the most valuable team in all of sports without winning shit in 25 years. He built a new stadium, bought a luxury yacht, built the Star, made investments out the ass, etc.

He's made a shitload of money without building a winner. He's cornered his logo so you can't buy an authentic jersey anywhere but from him. He's made monster marketing deals and do you think AT&T would have paid him more money for the naming rights had he won more SB's? Do you think he could have charged more in seat licenses which are already outrageous and suckers bought them?

Jerry's made money and he's done it without winning shit for over 2 decades. If he wanted to win, he knows how and he had the formula. That's not important for him because he doesn't measure success in terms of SB's but rather dollars. He's a businessman posing as a GM. Complete fraud.

I gave you a personal example and I think there are thousands of people like me who despise jeri and barely watch anymore because of his BS that would spend collective millions, if not billions who are currently spending nada

He also didn't sell 100% of the seat licenses, had we been on a Patriot like run when they were being sold, he likely would have sold out and definitely gotten more $$

more winning puts more eyes on the Cowboys which creates even more income opportunities

The brand was garbage when he took over. They couldnt even sell out home games on a regular basis. Jersey and logo merchandise sales had tanked.

It only came back because the team started winning. They've gravy trained off those 3 super bowls for years. Jerry is a master marketer and was obviously the key cog in the TV deals the league has gotten (where he gets a shit ton of money) but don't forget he needed Parcells to get that stadium approved. Even after winning 3 titles in the early to mid 90's public support and popularity of the team started to fade.

There is no question he has made a Fort Knox type windfall from his investment in the team. But I am pretty sure if you do research into any sports $$$ making, being a winner and/or having the best players has a significant impact.

Nobody disputes he hasn't made a shitload of money. But a WINNING Cowboys team would be even more of a cash cow.

The brand wasn't garbage, the team was. It was a down economy and jeri bought at perhaps best possible time, the pent up demand was off the charts and once the winning resumed, everyone came running. Like you said, those 3 super bowls where like a AAA rated annuity paying an obnoxious rate for 40-50 years

jeri is not a "master marketer", he's just monetized the hell out of the most devoted fans on the planet. We are still here IN SPITE OF JERRY not because of him and the younger generation of fans is likely spillover from my generation where they became fans because of their parents. I've never heard or met one person who claimed they became a fan because of jeri, I'm sure they're out there but the numbers would be so small, they'd never make jeri diddly squat.

The best thing for the Cowboys and all NFL teams is we get attached to our teams like their our children and we become irrationally devoted and support them in spite of wins and losses & how horrific they may be run when in reality if it was any other product, we'd quit watching and spending our hard earned $$ but people act likes its their patriotic duty to stick with this team under any and all circumstances. If this was a bunch of our kids playing sport, I would agree the kids should be supported regardless of wins and losses, thats not what we have here.

Its damn easy to print money with this level of product devotion. Any other product that flipped their noses at their customers on such a continual basis would be out of business in no time (except maybe crack and similar drugs) but not in the NFL and especially not with the Cowboys

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
I see a QB in Dak that is consistently under-performing.

Who knows what he's really got.

I go with what I see, and not what might be.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I see a QB in Dak that is consistently under-performing.
"Consistently underperforming" ????

Exaggerate much?

I mean, he has really struggled the past two games, the third game before I am willing to give him a little bit of a pass because of the really awful weather conditions. But for the most part he has had a really outstanding year and was legitimately being touted as a MVP candidate (that's obviously dead now, but it was accurate) so I don't see how you could argue he is "consistently underperforming"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Exaggerate much?

I mean, he has really struggled the past two games, the third game before I am willing to give him a little bit of a pass because of the really awful weather conditions. But for the most part he has had a really outstanding year and was legitimately being touted as a MVP candidate (that's obviously dead now, but it was accurate) so I don't see how you could argue he is "consistently underperforming"

What can you call it? Garbage stats and running up the score against the bottom dwellers. He hasn't brought this team back for a win when trailing at the half. Last night was multiple 3 and outs. Less than 60 yards of offense after the first possession until the game was just about out of reach.

His stats are padded from the first few games when he looked like a world beater. He should have signed his contract then. Now he just continues to lose money. Damn fraud is what he is and the next coach won't hang his rep on Dak Prescott......

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Exaggerate much?

His MVP case was a joke. Not only was he pumping up his stats against bad teams, but Kellen Moore's offense only functioned against bad defenses that left receivers WIDE open. Dak can't hit a pass that isn't over 50% percent in his favor. For all of Romo's faults at least he could throw a 50-50 ball. Dak can't. Thus he should have never even remotely been in the MVP conversation.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His MVP case was a joke. Not only was he pumping up his stats against bad teams, but Kellen Moore's offense only functioned against bad defenses that left receivers WIDE open. Dak can't hit a pass that isn't over 50% percent in his favor. For all of Romo's faults at least he could throw a 50-50 ball. Dak can't. Thus he should have never even remotely been in the MVP conversation.

In your opinion, what would the team's record be with Cooper Rush starting all 13 games this year?

And come on, yes he misses some throws but the dude has also thrown a ton of really great passes this year too. Definitely more than any of his first 3 years. He's put some throws into pretty tiny windows that he 1) either wouldn't have tried at all previously or 2) had he tried, he would have missed badly on most of them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
****** Zoner "Troy is so bitter when it comes to Jerry I can only take what he says somewhat"

Why shouldn't Troy be bitter? Gee Jones only fired a two time super bowl winning coach that ran things the right way, replaced great coach with 3 consecutive bone headed fools for HC, had the coaching staff play a CB at WR on and off including one entire season, made Aikman play with the ultimate flub WR/TE group of turds like Billy Davis, Jeff Ogden, Eric Bjornson, washed up guys like Anthony Miller and Ernie Mills, waste a half decade of draft picks, implemented a culture where players could decide when and if they wanted to practice or go to meetings.

Aikman could have won 5 or 6 super bowls if not for this fucktard assclown owner/GM. He has every right to be "bitter"

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
In your opinion, what would the team's record be with Cooper Rush starting all 13 games this year?

And come on, yes he misses some throws but the dude has also thrown a ton of really great passes this year too. Definitely more than any of his first 3 years. He's put some throws into pretty tiny windows that he 1) either wouldn't have tried at all previously or 2) had he tried, he would have missed badly on most of them.

With how gimmicky the offense is? Probably not much worse. But I'm not saying that Rush would be better than Dak. What I'm saying is that Dak shouldn't be in the same conversation as Lamar Jackson or Russell Wilson. The Cowboys record would be WAY better with either of those guys at the helm.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With how gimmicky the offense is? Probably not much worse. But I'm not saying that Rush would be better than Dak. What I'm saying is that Dak shouldn't be in the same conversation as Lamar Jackson or Russell Wilson. The Cowboys record would be WAY better with either of those guys at the helm.

You are out of your fucking mind if you think we'd have a similar record with Cooper Rush. We'd be fucking 0-13 or 1-12.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hear you. I watched it just for the "historical" perceptive and to see what I could pick up. There was really nothing of any substance, to be honest.

For the most part, I've found other interests during the season and off-season. I'm not going to go nuts over Jerry and his spawn. I'll wait for Garrett to go and Jerry to meet his maker. Both are coming soon....no?:-??
We can always dream though Garrett going bye-bye does seem like the sand will truly be water...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jones is so smitten with proving to everyone he can be a great GM, that he truly believes (in my opinion) that if he did this for 100 years and ONE time lucked into a championship, all the losing and misery would be forgotten and he could say he had "built a winner my way"

Of course he is now up to 24 years, and he is 0/24 so maybe 1/100 is more of a fantasy than anyone could really believe.
Jerry is much more into being right than getting it right with Garrett...he wants him to succeed SO badly that even a modicum of success gets the Clapper a reup...he wants to pound the proverbial round peg in the square hole...I would think that in business, redefining insanity is not the way to wealth/success but apparently with the Cowboys it is!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
“I think there’s some organizations that truly would do everything possible to win, they just don’t really know where to begin. And there’s different ways to do it. And I certainly understand that. But in Dallas, Dallas knows how it was done. I know how it was done. It was done with a really strong head coach who the players knew that that’s who they had to answer to.”

- Troy Aikman

Top Bottom