dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Take that haters!

Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne says his journey is not over; 'I will be the best'

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer Contact Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota

Over the weekend, Morris Claiborne signed a contract to play another season in Dallas. The Cowboys cornerback then took to Instagram to share his thoughts.

"Just re-signed my contract with the Cowboys," Claiborne said in a 15-second video. "A lot of haters, a lot of people ain't going to like that, but what can you do? Shout out to all the people who have been rolling with me since Day One. The journey is not over with yet. I will be the best."

Since the Cowboys traded up and made Claiborne the sixth overall pick in the 2012 draft, numerous injuries have prevented him from making a significant impact. He missed 18 games between the 2013 and 2014 seasons because of knee, shoulder and hamstring injuries.

Claiborne started all 11 games he played in last season, recording seven pass deflections. In 40 career games, the former LSU standout has three interceptions and 22 pass deflections.

"God may not come when you call him but he's always on time," Claiborne wrote on Instagram. "It's been a long 4years some highs but a lot of lows. But thank God I'm still standing and I have a family and kids that love the hell out of me and for that I say thank you!!! #cowboysnation#318."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Claiborne said:
"A lot of haters, a lot of people ain't going to like that, but what can you do?"
What you can do is stop being a fucking liability out there and get some picks, actually make some tackles instead of avoiding contact!

Reaction score
Didn't Terrence Newman say something similar at one point? Or that he was going to be a Hall of Famer, several years into his solid at best career?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't Terrence Newman say something similar at one point? Or that he was going to be a Hall of Famer, several years into his solid at best career?

He does look like a hall of famer compared to our other current CB's

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Terrence Newman in his first 5 years made the Pro Bowl once and should have gone at least one other time. Early in 2004 he had a meniscus injury yet by the end of the season was playing extremely well. Bluntly speaking in the last 10 years only Scandrick can be said to be as good as he was back then. PacMan was hugely over rated. We should have cleaned house as regards our DB coaching at least twice.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
as regards Mo has any CB made the pro bowl after basically sucking his first 4 years?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Newman was OK but I didn't consider him a game changer. Throw in the fact that he was a 25 year old rookie and we paid a pretty good price for a top 5 pick.

Reaction score
A part of Newman's problem in Dallas was Deion Sanders. Sanders set the bar for outstanding CB play and Newman obviously suffered in those comparisons (as would almost any other CB).

When Newman was drafted there was talk of him being an outstanding punt returner. That never really materialized either. It was another way in which Newman fell short of Sanders.

Newman was a solid player and sometimes was really good. His hands weren't particularly good, though.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
A part of Newman's problem in Dallas was Deion Sanders. Sanders set the bar for outstanding CB play and Newman obviously suffered in those comparisons (as would almost any other CB).

When Newman was drafted there was talk of him being an outstanding punt returner. That never really materialized either. It was another way in which Newman fell short of Sanders.

Newman was a solid player and sometimes was really good. His hands weren't particularly good, though.
that is why he was a CB and not a WR. Deion was one of the few that could do both. He truly was a one of a kind.
Newman was pro bowl worthy for about his first six years and then slipped some. The fact that he is still in the nfl starting at age 38 does say a lot as well. Brutally speaking he would have been better than Carr and Mo have been the last few years.

Reaction score
It just fucking figures they would keep this worthless shit on the roster and throw more wasted money at him. I don't care how advantageous the one year contract is. Giving Mo any money at all is a fool's errand.

The Three Part Plan to Suck Hard in 2016 by Jerry Jones

1) Make no significant changes to the management and coaching.
2) Make no moves of note in free agency except to sign most of our shitty players no other teams showed any real interest in.
3) Blow it in the draft and set the franchise back for the next decade with no viable QB to replace Romo when he retires before week 3 next season with yet another injury.

Two of the three steps are complete.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If I remember correctly Parcels never wanted him returning punts or even really gave him a chance for fear that he would get hurt. He didn't want a top 5 pick risking themselves by returning punts.

Also part of Newman's problem towards the end was that game against Detroit when Calvin Johnson torched his ass. I still have the image of Johnson basically giving Newman a piggy back ride across the goal line.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I think TNew returned punts quite a bit in Parcells last year.
If I wasn't so lazy I'd go look.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think TNew returned punts quite a bit in Parcells last year.
If I wasn't so lazy I'd go look.

I know he worked on it a lot during camp and would step in if they had a chance to get great field position or a TD. But I don't really remember Parcels putting him out there a lot.

Top Bottom