Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in NFCCG and maybe the super bowl.
:rofl2 :rofl2...Oh wait, you were serious? As somebody who sees every Vikings game, trust me, last weekend was the exception, not the norm. It was a nice performance they can pull together once on the road, maaaybe twice. But the Vikes can't keep out of their own ways long enough to do it three times and get to the SB.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
doubt it. Aaron was money from day one. and the entire league knew it very quickly... He pushed Brett Favre out of there!
Fell through 2/3 of the first round, didn't start his first three years, 6-10 and sloppy looking his first year; yep, everyone saw the magic right off the bat there for sure!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i don’t know, you’re the one who brought up playoffs ....

Zimmer is a good coach. just as good and McCarthy. i wouldn’t be surprised to see the vikings win it all this year.

but my point was they are pretty much the same thing. yes, mccarthy has a SB but that was all Rodgers. hell Rodgers is making that first year HC look great now too ...
Zimmer has been better than I though he'd be, but he's got MILES to go before that statement has any shot at validity.
I wanted a big big change. this seems to the safe move.
That's you drinking the national media koolaid and believing that Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley were the necessary choices. Mix something with it, dilutes the crazy mostly out of it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's fuckin scary

I actually don't believe it, first, it's Todd Artcher who I think is one of the Garrett lackie crowd.

Second, Ed Werder's report about them informing Garrett they were moving on was before ANYONE was interviewed, and then Glazer came out with a report over that weekend that said the Cowboys had actually informed Garrett on the Monday (day after the season) that they were going to be moving on.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:rofl2 :rofl2...Oh wait, you were serious? As somebody who sees every Vikings game, trust me, last weekend was the exception, not the norm. It was a nice performance they can pull together once on the road, maaaybe twice. But the Vikes can't keep out of their own ways long enough to do it three times and get to the SB.

I agree. But on the other hand...third time might be the charm against the Packers like the Giants against the Cowboys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So we are supposed to believe Helen caught McCathy's eye? How bout no.

Actually he did comment on some play designs or play calls he liked, it was part of that off-season studying he did. He claimed one of the ones he liked the most was one of Kellen Moore's plays this yr, and this was before he ever interviewed with Jones. There was a tweet about it and a thread at CZ that explains.

If you are trying to insinuate that Jones is forcing Mccarthy to keep Moore for whatever reason, the fact that it doesnt look like many (if any) other assistants currently under contract are staying kinda debunks that. If Moore is saying it's because Mccarthy wants him here, and that's fine in my book.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is based no doubt, on your belief we have a "great roster" and are a "super talented team." As some other idiots are saying. As Jerruh believes. We don't and aren't. We lack DEPTH in all of the key positions. Our starters for the most part, really aren't all that great. We need a roster overhaul, actually.

Agreed. People overestimate the talent on the Cowboys. Why, the names? Watch how they play. But coaching matters a lot. Look at what the Titans are doing. Where are all of their superstars? A powerful RB and a discount QB and they're going to the AFC championship game. I know, I know, defense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Agreed. People overestimate the talent on the Cowboys. Why, the names? Watch how they play. But coaching matters a lot. Look at what the Titans are doing. Where are all of their superstars? A powerful RB and a discount QB and they're going to the AFC championship game. I know, I know, defense.
It's what I said earlier. Great coaching magnifies talent. Bad coaching can nullify it.

And often does.

And if they're on a NFL roster, they're talented. They're one of only 2,300 people who earn that job. Out of the 10s of thousands who play college ball annually.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Just imagine Garrett and our 2019 coaching staff running the Titans.

That's a 6-10 team at best, instead the coaching they have currently propels them and now they are a legit contender. It shows you how fine the line is between mediocrity and "really good".

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just imagine Garrett and our 2019 coaching staff running the Titans.

That's a 6-10 team at best, instead the coaching they have currently propels them and now they are a legit contender. It shows you how fine the line is between mediocrity and "really good".

Yeah 6-10 at the very best. Do the Titans look unprepared or have multiple drive killing penalties? It's the same crap with our X coach every year no matter who plays.

There was someone on the other forum trying to say Garrett overachieved between 2011-2013. Used some statistic he found to try and support that claim when in fact the opposite was true. That's why I hate when people throw up statistics when all else fails. If you twist them the right way or cherry pick the right stats, you can make anything sound good on paper.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If I had to bet, I would be really surprised if Heath isn't on the roster. And I never thought he should have been on it in the first place.
I've heard links to Ha Ha Clinton Dix...I believe he is a FA and honestly almost anything is better than Heath

America's Team

Spectator
Reaction score
It used to be quite common. That idiotic infantile idea faded in recent years.

Actually, Jerry believed that idiocy himself after getting excited with the 2014 season.

Sadly he renewed Garrett's contract and wasted the rest of Romo's career.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Actually, Jerry believed that idiocy himself after getting excited with the 2014 season.

Sadly he renewed Garrett's contract and wasted the rest of Romo's career.
Romo wasted Romo's career. Long thread on choker Tony here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Put Romo in his prime under Belichick and he's easily a 3 time SB winner.

I doubt it. Romo was not good in big games and was prone to mistakes at bad times.

And whether people like to admit it or not, Romo was not a "leader" and seemed ok with the idea that losses didnt really matter, regardless of when they happened. He was a good player and clearly overachieved for what was expected of someone with his draft status, but REAL winners dont jaunt off to Cabo during the bye weeks before the team's biggest game in 12 years, and real winners dont say "well if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me I'll be fine (after a blowout 44-6 loss in a win or go home game in which he personally turned the ball over 5 times).

Romo was perfectly fine being one of the guys, making a great living and banging hot blondes. But he was not a winner like Tom Brady, Troy Aikman or some of the other greats of all time.

Top Bottom