dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're right, but for some reason these other schools aren't trying to spread em out. The teams that have beaten Alabama in recent seasons (A&M and Ole Miss primarily) are throwing it around against them. But the LSUs, Auburns, and Arkansas of the world are still trying to run it on them.

I may be wrong, but A&M only beat Saban Alabama once, I think since that time they've been wiped out every yr by Bama. Ole Miss has won two in a row, but this yr I think the win was mainly due to Alabama turning the ball over so much (they also started that other QB for this one game)

Auburn has given Alabama trouble, and obviously Ohio State's spread offense gave them fits last year.

Reaction score
For what it is worth, this year Arkansas attempted 32 passes and 25 rushes against Alabama.

A big part of things is that Alabama is just really, really good.

It isn't unusual for top 20 teams to have several outstanding players on each side of the ball. The thing with Alabama isn't that their best players are much better than other top 20 teams' best players ... it's that Alabama's 6th, 7th, and 8th best players on each side of the ball are typically much better than the opposition's. Alabama's talent runs deep and it usually reveals itself.

LSU should be able to provide more of a challenge to Alabama than it does, but LSU seems stuck in Woody Hayes era football. IMO, LSU doesn't have to turn into Texas Tech or something to beat Alabama. LSU just needs to show some modicum of creativity ....

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You a Miami fan, booze?

I liked their style back in the day with Johnson before he came to the Cowboys.

But I can't say I am a Hurricane fan.

I root for Georgia Tech as a pure college fan.

But I do secretly root for Miami.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I liked their style back in the day with Johnson before he came to the Cowboys.

But I can't say I am a Hurricane fan.

I root for Georgia Tech as a pure college fan.

But I do secretly root for Miami.

I'm sorta the same way... Rutgers is my main team but because they always suck I root for Miami too.

Was hoping Schiano would end up back with Rutgers or even with Miami. Now my only hope is with the Cowboys.

Top Bottom