Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having said all that Scott, I believe we could have done worse and I'm willing to give the guy a chance.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Having said all that Scott, I believe we could have done worse and I'm willing to give the guy a chance.

I agree 100%

I fully intend to give him a chance until he proves he doesn’t deserve it any longer

I have nothing negative to say about the guy. He just doesn’t instill that sense of hope that I would expect from a new HC

Maybe, just maybe he is exactly what this team needs right now. I’ll keep my fingers crossed

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
so much for the "wide and expansive" coaching search. anyway, the video below is worth a look. at least he took steps to self-reflect and get better.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ah godammit i coulda gone w/o reading this today

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the good:

1) proven winner
2) won't need to get up to speed like a college coach
3) doesn't clap

the bad:

1) no coach has won a SB with two different teams
2) Rodgers couldn't wait to get rid of him and the GB front office badmouthed him to to other teams in the league last year
3) borderline obese, which means he's undisciplined

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1) no coach has won a SB with two different teams
1st time for everything

2) Rodgers couldn't wait to get rid of him and the GB front office badmouthed him to to other teams in the league last year
you mean they badmouthed him after standing behind their golden boy qb ?? thats not too unusual or condemning

3) borderline obese, which means he's undisciplined
underactive thyroid

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry might not be at death's door yet but he must know he's on the sidewalk leading up to it. This hire is a "win now" hire, he thinks he has the roster and staff in place already to do that. Just changing out bus drivers, opting for one that's won it all on the Big Track rather than the one who drove it like a school bus full of kids, where "risk averse" is called for.

Hoping McCarthy drives it like he stole it.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Apparently my apathy is now at an all time high towards this team

I fully expected to be jumping up and down for joy when it was announced that Garrett was finally gone. But the circus surrounding the situation made me simply not give a shit anymore

We have been thinking about this moment for years and now that it’s here and we finally have a new coach I kinda don’t even care

I’ll tell ya, Jeruh can suck the enjoyment out of just about anything when it comes to this team. The way he handled this transition was pure shit, but to his credit, it was also pure Jeruh

And that folks is the problem in a nutshell
Now , I hate to sound like ESPN’s first take. However, Marcus Spears is thinking the same way I’ve Been thinking . We have moved on from Jason Garrett, correct. We are looking for a change , ok . We have just hired Mike McCarthy as our “new” head coach . Now, with this being said is Jerry Jones going to let McCarthy “ coach the cowboys “ and make the change. ORRRR!!!! Is Jerry Jones going to stick his fuckin beak in McCarthy’s ability to do it his way??? BECAUSE. If Jerry does , NO CHANGE WILL BE MADE. And we will now be in the same situation we are now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ah godammit i coulda gone w/o reading this today

Funny fact , however, let’s see the personnel he had. 🤔
Alex smith-QB-rookie????
Frank Gore-RB
Brandon Lloyd-WR?????
Arnez Battle-WR?????
Eric Johnson-TE????
And a suspect offensive line ????

#justsaying

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny fact , however, let’s see the personnel he had. 🤔
Alex smith-QB-rookie????
Frank Gore-RB
Brandon Lloyd-WR?????
Arnez Battle-WR?????
Eric Johnson-TE????
And a suspect offensive line ????

#justsaying
1578330325953.png

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It's done, so I'll hop on board.
I don't see one thing you guys are saying that's unfair or inaccurate about McCarthy, good or bad.
Looks like he's used his unemployment to do some self checking, he likes to use to use the hurry up offense and he's gonna love Zeke and Pollard.
Waiting to see who will or won't be on staff now, our DC and ST coach needed replacement as much as Garrett.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And all in all I'm not too worried about poor ole Jason. For one thing he ain't poor, he's a multi-millionaire. But two, there's tons of jobs out there for a man with his qualifications. Walmart is always hiring greeters. I'm sure there's some clapping academies out there needing a great clapping coach. Hell, he could get an endorsement deal for the clapper TV spots!

He'll land on his feet.

Top Bottom