Reaction score
I never thought he would go back after all the shit he took for leaving from them. It's pretty damn impressive that he publicly admitted his mistakes and Dan Gilbert did the same so he could do this. Most athletes' egos wouldn't allow this.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
cue the thousands of hypocritical Cavs fans who will be wearing his jersey again

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I never had any strong feelings for him one way or another, but I like him a lot more now. Fans always talk about athletes coming home when they become free agents, but most don't care about that, and some don't even want the hassle. For him to do this is pretty cool.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
cue the thousands of hypocritical Cavs fans who will be wearing his jersey again
Yeah i bet they feel like idiots (wait, they are) for having burned their #23 jerseys a few years ago.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the guy is a front-runner. Cleveland was going nowhere, so he traded up by going to Miami. Miami is now in decline, so he defects back to a younger Cleveland team. had Miami defeated San Antonio convincingly, I don't think he'd be in Cleveland today.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, why shouldn't he go to the best situation?

And it's not like Cleveland is some ready-made team anyway. Irving is good and maybe a couple others work out, but they were just in the lottery in the horrible East.

Reaction score
Also it's hard to draft well since a Lebron James teams is literally always the title favorites thus drafting late.

could you Imagine having that sort of athletic ability and then having it slowly leave you as you age? Why not dick around and have fun while youre young. Or you could play with shitty players, lose, waste your prime all for "fans" who wish death on you the second your shirt is a Different color.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
If he was a front runner he probably would have gone to somewhere in the West.

Lebron wanted no part of the west. He likes automatically being the top seed each year. San Antonio's hardest series was against the 8 seed.

One playoff series is easier to avoid choking in than 4.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, why shouldn't he go to the best situation?

And it's not like Cleveland is some ready-made team anyway. Irving is good and maybe a couple others work out, but they were just in the lottery in the horrible East.

Hey, I am a fan of the move, but I also think it was smart basketball for Lebron. Stay in the east. Go to a team that has no payroll, but cheap young talent. Still have salary cap to fill the team with older free agents that will take the Lebron championship run discount.

Now you have several years to build something and if you need it the team can splurge and go over cap and get a 2nd piece traded to them.

And one championship in Cleveland would be like 3 to a normal city.

Reaction score
Lebron wanted no part of the west. He likes automatically being the top seed each year. San Antonio's hardest series was against the 8 seed.

One playoff series is easier to avoid choking in than 4.
Yeah, but if he's in the West, whatever team he would have gone to would have been the clear favorite, assuming it was one of the upper echelon West teams. If he gets to the finals, no East team has a chance.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, but if he's in the West, whatever team he would have gone to would have been the clear favorite, assuming it was one of the upper echelon West teams. If he gets to the finals, no East team has a chance.
They would have been the clear favorite, but I think the west teams are good enough that they would have played up to the challenge. Basically the favorite bt not on a different level like it is the east.

Top Bottom