theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stasheroo floating a rumor over at the Zone that somebody he knows told him that Jerry was looking at promoting Garrett to GM and Richard to HC. Dont get me wrong I put no stock in this, but Stasheroo has been posting there for years and I have never heard him post a "somebody in the organization told me" before to my recollection. He strongly anti Jerry/ Red. Also it is so Jerry to promote a problem.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Stasheroo floating a rumor over at the Zone that somebody he knows told him that Jerry was looking at promoting Garrett to GM and Richard to HC. Dont get me wrong I put no stock in this, but Stasheroo has been posting there for years and I have never heard him post a "somebody in the organization told me" before to my recollection. He strongly anti Jerry/ Red. Also it is so Jerry to promote a problem.
Actually, anything that gets Jerry out of the GM chair and Ginger off the field would be an improvement. Something administrative like GM is really all the Ivy League-educated idiot would be suitable for. Jerry retires to his new yacht, Ginger takes the GM chair working with Stevie and McClay, opens the possibility to get a real football man in charge on the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I saw the thread but like most of those types of posts, I write it off as b/s

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually, anything that gets Jerry out of the GM chair and Ginger off the field would be an improvement. Something administrative like GM is really all the Ivy League-educated idiot would be suitable for. Jerry retires to his new yacht, Ginger takes the GM chair working with Stevie and McClay, opens the possibility to get a real football man in charge on the field.

Oh yeah, I agree it would be a best case scenario for us or should I say best we could hope for. I do find it interesting that earlier in the week, Jerry and others said they would do whatever is necessary to hang onto Richard. Not sure what happens to Linehan but nobody is talking about DeFelippo who was terrific in Philly and then got run before the Viqueens season ended.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

popcorn

I'll take my chances if it gets jeri out of the GM spot, dont believe it but I'd be pleasantly surprised

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

PAGING RYNIE!!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:popcorn

I'll take my chances if it gets jeri out of the GM spot, dont believe it but I'd be pleasantly surprised
Welp Jerry is gonna be 77 this year, so no time like the present. Also CMD who posts as king in the north over there, posted in the same thread that he has heard similar from people he knows. Where the hell is Rynie?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If it means getting rid of Garrett as HC then I’m all for it. Plus Will McClay has been doing a damn fine job of acquiring and selecting the right players for what the team needs as of late.

Getting Garrett off the field would be a step in the right direction and I think Jeruh and Baby Jeruh would keep him in check and pretty much keep him neutered so he couldn’t really screw anything up too bad. I just hope the move wouldn’t run off McClay who I’m sure has stuck around in hopes of being named GM when Jeruh dies

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Felt this deserved its own thread. So I've merged all topical posts on the subject. Thanks for posting this, theone.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Have any GM's written books about themselves? Any GM biographies out there? Where will Red get his GM speak quotes and cliches?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have any GM's written books about themselves? Any GM biographies out there? Where will Red get his GM speak quotes and cliches?

"Me and Will were fighting, scratching and clawing in the film-room looking at these college kids"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry giving up power? :lol :lol

But it would be just like him to replace a fake GM with another guy with no experience.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry giving up power? :lol :lol

But it would be just like him to replace a fake GM with another guy with no experience.

And then passing up the one guy in the organization that other teams believe IS qualified for the GM spot too.

I really don't see anyway this happens, hence why I said it was almost assuredly b/s

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe this is just a way of jerry storing garrett in a closet until jerry needs to harvest his veal-like, tender, ginger organs

jerry is getting pretty old

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No way I can see this happening. Not only would Jerry not do it, I doubt Garrett would go for it either. He likes being a coach where he can clap and slap butts and take the troops on field trips. Gratuitous overcussing and spitting doesn't really work in the GM office, either.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ian Rappaport just now on NFL Network...

Once their season is over, look for everyone to sit down and work out a lucrative long term deal for Jason Garrett to remain as head coach.

And...very good chance Kris Richard will officially be def coord next year.

Top Bottom