dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There was a thread up yesterday at CZ that said a local radio station in Dallas was saying Garrett was going to be fired and replaced by Sean Payton, I don't know why they took it down.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There was a thread up yesterday at CZ that said a local radio station in Dallas was saying Garrett was going to be fired and replaced by Sean Payton, I don't know why they took it down.
I’ve seen that report/viewpoint from a couple different sources now

Supposedly he’s just waiting for Peyton’s contract to be up

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Sean Payton did not have a good playoff run this year. Many debatable/curious decisions on his part. We would have crucified him for throwing on first down late in that game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sean Payton did not have a good playoff run this year. Many debatable/curious decisions on his part. We would have crucified him for throwing on first down late in that game.

He's won a Super Bowl and been to three conference championship games. If not for a horrendously corrupt no call, he'd be in another Super Bowl and if not for a rookie FS completely botching an easy pass play at the end of a playoff game last yr, he'd have been in another NFC Champ game too.

Is he Jimmy Johnson, no. Is he eons better than Red Plague, yes.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
"And if Alshon Jeffrey doesn't drop that pass ..." We can play these games forever. They still had a chance to win in OT but failed. He won a SB a million years ago? So did Mike McCarthy, and Mike is out of a job.

Is he Jimmy Johnson, no. Is he eons better than Red Plague, yes.

and yet Red beat him

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Success is when you get what you want.

Happiness is when you want what you get.

And a dumbass cowboys fan is when you shovel dogshit into your mouth, smile and tell everybody that you are eating steak.

Reaction score
Stasharoo’s theory is not a new one. The Jones are enamored with Garrett’s articulation: he gives them words that they don’t have naturally. When Jerry was asked about Garrett’s coaching strength he said “his preparation and articulation of the game plan”. They want Garrett to stay a part of the family but see his pervasive weakness as a coach. Talks the talk but can’t walk the walk. Garrett is convinced he is still a highly regarded mind despite having no records of creating, innovating or outcoaching anyone. I think Jerry and Stephen realizes that Garrett’s strength is not on the field. I wouldn’t doubt if Garrett was GM because he is allowed to use all his coaching verbs in a context that is not directly impacting the play to play adjustments. Think about it. He can GM all day saying “right kind of guy” “building” “stacking good days on good days” and give senseless stoicism all day and no one will care.

Top Bottom