Reaction score
Adam CaplanVerified account
‏@caplannfl
#Cowboys and TE James Hanna agreed to terms on a 3-year, $8.25m deal, per source.

:towel

2016 cant get here quick enough!!!!

Reaction score
Hey! Role player who we never utilize... ever. How would you like to make 2+ mil a year???

Reaction score
Keeping him for when Jason is fired and the next coach comes in wondering why one of the fastest TEs in the league has to stay in and block.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Keeping him for when Jason is fired and the next coach comes in wondering why one of the fastest TEs in the league has to stay in and block.

Hanna will retire a cowboy with 3 career TD's before Garret is fired

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
its ridiculous

we could draft a 6th rounder that offers as much as him

Exactly.

And speaking of 6th rounders... Why did we trade one away to draft Swaim if we can't even use him to replace a guy like Hanna who we never even use?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to figure that resigning so many scrubs has as much to do about knowing the playbook as it does general talent. I can hear the red headed dolt now....

Dolt: "Jerry, we need to sign him, he's been here several years and he knows the playbook."
Jerry: "But he has less than 300 receiving yards in 4 years Jason......"
Dolt: "Yes Jerry, but he knows the playbook."
Jerry: "Good point Jason. Lets sign him and make him a millionaire."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You have to figure that resigning so many scrubs has as much to do about knowing the playbook as it does general talent. I can hear the red headed dolt now....

Dolt: "Jerry, we need to sign him, he's been here several years and he knows the playbook."
Jerry: "But he has less than 300 receiving yards in 4 years Jason......"
Dolt: "Yes Jerry, but he knows the playbook."
Jerry: "Good point Jason. Lets sign him and make him a millionaire."

Dodger this just isn't true.

We all know there are no plays involving the 2nd TE

Daillest88

Spectator
Reaction score
Hanna is a great signing. Blocks well , they should put him in for witten on those 3rd down routes.. He might actually get some yards after the catch..

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a "great signing" simply because as stated, we never really use him. A lot of people here have always liked the player and thought he'd be a match up nightmare with his size/speed. But again, never sees the field.

If we're suddenly going to start playing the kid, then the potential certainly is there for it to be a very good signing. Otherwise, theres literally no reason we couldn't have duplicated his production with another 450k sixth rounder.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He's one of the offenses favorite targets. On 3rd down and 10, they love the dump off 3 yard pass to Hanna who is double covered (because the defense knows Dallas refuses to throw the ball an actual 10 yards) and he can get tackled immediately to ensure either a field goal or a punt for the all important field position battle...

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unless Witten has mentioned retiring after this season or the next one. That's about the only reason to resign Hanna

But #82 was looking a little gimpy and slow all last season

Even when he was healthy he looked like a lumbering giant just chugging along his routes. Stopping short at 8 yards when we need 9 or at 2 yards when we need three. He just didn't seem to play like himself last season

Maybe he's seriously considering hanging up his cleats

I just feel that Witten would rather retire than stay on the field at the detriment to the team! If he feels that he is actually hurting the team as opposed to helping them I can easily see him retiring

Top Bottom