Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Unless Witten has mentioned retiring after this season or the next one. That's about the only reason to resign Hanna

But #82 was looking a little gimpy and slow all last season

Even when he was healthy he looked like a lumbering giant just chugging along his routes. Stopping short at 8 yards when we need 9 or at 2 yards when we need three. He just didn't seem to play like himself last season

Maybe he's seriously considering hanging up his cleats

I just feel that Witten would rather retire than stay on the field at the detriment to the team! If he feels that he is actually hurting the team as opposed to helping them I can easily see him retiring
Like Jimmy said in his book about some of the legends he inherited like Randy White, sometimes you gotta tell them their time is up, rip the jersey off their backs and few of them want to give up that million dollars a year in game checks. Few of them want to admit their time is up - you gotta let them know. We don't have anyone in authority in Dallas with the balls to have that serious talk with Witten.

Then again, Witten was battling injury all last season probably worse than some other years. Healthy, he's still a horse. He's hell when he's well.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But even when he was healthy last season (before the injuries) he still looked sluggish slow

I just took a look at his 2015 highlights and he looks super slow out there all season. But it's not like the defenders were catching him easily. I guess it's just the way he runs that makes him look slow. Kind of like Gronk. When ppl are as big and athletic as the both of them are they just look slow at a full run when you have a smaller defender keeping up with him with his smaller legs pumping faster than Jason's but running the same speed it just gives the effect of the bigger guy running slower

On a side note I also watched the highlights of game 1 vs the NYG and we looked like shit! I forgot how bad last season was

Two tipped passes for INT one off of Witten thrown behind him, the other off of Street thrown too high and ran back for a TD and Romo also hurt on the play but would come back (Dez would break his foot then as well) then one Beasley caught but got stripped AFTER the catch and returned for a TD

We should have lost that game as well if not for Coughlins time management and decision to throw on third down instead of run for two yards at the end of the drive that would have won them the game

If Tom didn't screw up the end of that game we would have been 3-13

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hanna ran 4.49 either at the combine or his pro day the year he went into the draft, so he has speed.

He also has flashed it a couple times in preseason games and I do remember 1 or 2 passes downfield early in his career in regular season games. I think he has some ability to help as a receiver but they just choose to never use him, much like Fasano, Bennett and Escobar.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
He might actually get some yards after the catch..

This is what I see different in 82 now.
A little slower sure,but that's normal even in the best.
But he's breaking tackles but rarely,and that's a shame.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Guys. Hanna is just here when the Cowboys want to go big on the line and run the football. Period.

Reaction score
Guys. Claiborne is just here when the Cowboys want to go dumb in the secondary and give up big plays. Period.

Top Bottom