Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
come on Dodge, I appreciate many of your takes but this incomplete picture is undermining your credibility

It would undermine my credibility if I tweeted it and it was inaccurate; the tweets aren't mine. I simply posted both tweets, including the one discounting Joey Ickes' initial tweet just for people to read what's out there.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It would undermine my credibility if I tweeted it and it was inaccurate; the tweets aren't mine. I simply posted both tweets, including the one discounting Joey Ickes' initial tweet just for people to read what's out there.

I didnt see that, you must have been editing your post as I was writing mine

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You sound like those dumbass bleeding heart Zoners with this junk.

He's lost speed. He's never been a good route runner and probably never will be. He has limitations on his ability to "learn" NFL offensive philosophy.

He might go somewhere and have a really good season or two, but I doubt it and I do 100% believe we'll be better without him.

You sound like a CZ homer, buying off on every move. My point was that if your supposed #1 can't run routes after 8 years, then it's an organizational failure on a couple of levels. First, coaching and second, the front office for giving him such a bloated contract to a receiver with these flaws. This front office wasn't able to trade Dez or Romo for a day 2 draft pick or a bag of chips.

I think you need to join some of your whine babies at the Zone then

Players shouldn't publicly speak out about the coaching staff but Dez is only repeating what most us already know and he's no longer on the team anyway. If that offends your senses because you want to slurp Garrett down to the ball sack, then have at it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did edit it as the I read the second the tweet but my computer was running slow and I didn't see your post after the edit.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They don't necessarily have to have a "#1"

What they need are guys that run good routes and consistently catch it when it's thrown to them.

Dominate games with the OL and run game, play solid defense. Don't turn the ball over. They can win that way, they did it in 2014 and 2016 and I think this year's defense has a real chance to be a lot better than either of those two seasons.

This game plan only works when you have an adequate defense and while we have decent young corners that have shown potential, we're incredibly weak along the front 7. So I'm not really sure how you think this D can be better. It's a recipe for a .500 season or worse.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I knew Dez was gone the moment he spoke out against the playcalling. That was it for him. And thenh when they (Garrett) said that they were going to make the offense for this upcoming season more "Dak-friendly", gee... where have we heard that before? Funny T.O. did the exact same thing --- speak out against the playcalling, next thing you know here comes the "we need a Romo-friendly offense". Then T.O. is gone.

So the question is, who is ne3xty as the scapegoat for Garrett?

TO, the genius behind "Romo and Witten creating secret plays"

TO was fucking moron and a loser dude, using him as an example to support any sort of take is just dumb

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You sound like a CZ homer, buying off on every move. My point was that if your supposed #1 can't run routes after 8 years, then it's an organizational failure on a couple of levels. First, coaching and second, the front office for giving him such a bloated contract to a receiver with these flaws. This front office wasn't able to trade Dez or Romo for a day 2 draft pick or a bag of chips.

First, when does a player need to take some sort of ownership and want to get better at his craft? There is no doubt that Garrett sux, that isn't in dispute. But Bryant has had several different WR coaches and all came out saying the same stuff, and yet it wasn't until this yr that he decided to actually do something about it. The greatest players get to where they are not solely by who coaches them, but by their own work ethic and dedication as well.

Players shouldn't publicly speak out about the coaching staff but Dez is only repeating what most us already know and he's no longer on the team anyway. If that offends your senses because you want to slurp Garrett down to the ball sack, then have at it.

This doesn't even deserve a response.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This game plan only works when you have an adequate defense and while we have decent young corners that have shown potential, we're incredibly weak along the front 7. So I'm not really sure how you think this D can be better. It's a recipe for a .500 season or worse.

Pretty sure Demarcus Lawrence and David Irving are really good pieces up front. I think Taco is going to be a solid player too.

They need some new bodies at LB and really need Sean Lee to stay on the field, but those things are doable.

The defense the last 5 games of last season was really, really good. They'll be better (assuming they stay healthy) this year, and the addition of Kris Richard is going to be a huge plus too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Take it fwiw, but John Clayton is reporting he thinks it's likely a deal for Earl Thomas gets done now.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First, when does a player need to take some sort of ownership and want to get better at his craft? There is no doubt that Garrett sux, that isn't in dispute. But Bryant has had several different WR coaches and all came out saying the same stuff, and yet it wasn't until this yr that he decided to actually do something about it. The greatest players get to where they are not solely by who coaches them, but by their own work ethic and dedication as well.

You can't ride this fence and blame Dez when you use the alternative reasoning for Dak and blame the coaches. Dak will have a similar fate with this staff and I'm sure you'll jump off his jock when he's gone.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
likewise, I'd edit my post if I could, I withdraw my comment sir

No offense taken Yimmy. Also, Slater followed up with another tweet. Not that it means a whole lot but I guess we'll hear a lot of rumors about Dez and the staff in the off-season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You can't ride this fence and blame Dez when you use the alternative reasoning for Dak and blame the coaches. Dak will have a similar fate with this staff and I'm sure you'll jump off his jock when he's gone.

Eh.

I was amazed at his rookie season and he played well the first half of last yr. He was not good the 2nd half of last yr and I've repeatedly said if he plays the way he did the 2nd half of last yr again this season, he'll likely be replaced.

Dez has no accountability, something a lot of his tweets from yesterday show without a shadow of a doubt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Idiot Cole Beasley out there today saying "I cant say what I think (about Dez being cut) or I might be next"

LOL.

Hey Beasley, you were next anyway. You sucked ass last yr too and the younger, faster replacement is already on the roster.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh.

I was amazed at his rookie season and he played well the first half of last yr. He was not good the 2nd half of last yr and I've repeatedly said if he plays the way he did the 2nd half of last yr again this season, he'll likely be replaced.

Dez has no accountability, something a lot of his tweets from yesterday show without a shadow of a doubt.

Oh I know what you said, fence walker, although I disagree that Dak played well in the first half of the season. This staff will fail Dak and it's fans, yet again, and you'll be off on riding the jock of the next guy and ragging on Dak. It's what you do.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh I know what you said, fence walker, although I disagree that Dak played well in the first half of the season. This staff will fail Dez and it's fans, yet again, and you'll be off on riding the jock of the next guy and ragging on Dez. It's what you do.

I have no doubt the staff will fail (especially Garrett)

And there was no bigger Dez supporter than me prior to last yr. But this is THREE mediocre to poor yrs in a row now, all after Dez got paid. He was bad last yr, dropping passes at a career high amount/rate and quitting on routes. he really turned me off with a number of his tweets/comments yesterday, blaming everyone except himself for his release.

I get sick of people who have the "it's always someone else's fault" mentality.

The WR corp (and TE spot) needs rebuilding.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You sound like those dumbass bleeding heart Zoners with this junk.

He's lost speed. He's never been a good route runner and probably never will be. He has limitations on his ability to "learn" NFL offensive philosophy.

He might go somewhere and have a really good season or two, but I doubt it and I do 100% believe we'll be better without him.

The Jones Fracture didnt help. Dez could out physical a lotta guys and that was his game, but the foot injury has diminished his game. Losing speed is a big factor but I think even as dense as he is he can productive with the right team and coaches. Lets be honest, our coaching staff is not a plus.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Jones Fracture didnt help. Dez could out physical a lotta guys and that was his game, but the foot injury has diminished his game. Losing speed is a big factor but I think even as dense as he is he can productive with the right team and coaches. Lets be honest, our coaching staff is not a plus.

Jerry is probably more to blame over this than anyone other than Dez himself, because Jerry promotes the culture there of "well I am player xyz and that means I don't have to work like other guys"

Yes, our coaching staff has obvious shortcomings, but we've also heard from multiple people (incl multiple WR coaches) for years that Dez needed to sharpen route running skills and he has apparently done little, if anything about it. Dez was gifted enough physically and athletically to get away with it for a number of years, but he cant any longer. I'm sure father Jerry told Dez it was ok to go out and have a good time, hang with his buddies, be a kid etc etc at the expense of more hours perfecting his craft. Jerry liked that throw up the X stuff on gamedays and the jersey sales, so all was good in his eyes.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that Dak will now have to quickly get in rhythm with Hurns and whoever we select in the first or second round. Our offense might be pretty damn boring this year.

Top Bottom