icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
and also

dak aint threading any needles any time soon

he needs to be 100% protected or else he gets scared and throws goofy

i want the unpredictable offense back that linehan had an out-of-body experience creating. not the stale 2017 linehan offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"perfectly" ??? or do you mean "catchable" ???

and dez dropped 2 balls the yr before

yes you want consistency w/ the money youre giving him

but as i said, the whole offense sucked dick last yr

Dez was never a gator armer or had problem with drops before last yr, but he was bad last year and he shouldn't have been.

Somebody had a compilation of his drops from last yr at CZ, almost everyone of them was a perfectly thrown ball.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
In Dez's defense, last year was a case of 50-50: Dez sucking and his inaccurate QB sucking. A shitload of passes thrown in Dez's direction were simply uncatchable. But the dropped balls, sideline tantrums, and lack of separation are all on #88.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
cmon.... rodgers would have dez looking like megatron 2.0
Not when he doesn't fucking catch the ball. If he catches the ball he completes his job and had he caught even half of the ones he dropped last season Dak's numbers would have been much improved too. Not to mention that 80 percent of Dak's picks last year were on passes targeting Dez.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sigh.

The Dallas Cowboys and wide receiver Dez Bryant are reportedly set to maintain the status quo heading toward the 2018 season.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, there has been no talk of the Cowboys altering Bryant's contract following a discussion with owner Jerry Jones, meaning the wideout's "standing hasn't changed."

Rapoport added that while the Cowboys weighed free-agent options at wide receiver, the fact that they did not sign Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins points to Bryant maintaining his position as the team's No. 1 option

Cowboys Rumors: Dez Bryant's Standing Hasn't Changed with Team | Bleacher Report

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
"perfectly" ??? or do you mean "catchable" ???

and dez dropped 2 balls the yr before

yes you want consistency w/ the money youre giving him

but as i said, the whole offense sucked dick last yr

Catchable/perfect....same thing for the money that crack baby is making.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Release dez and sign Crabtree on the cheap

Then draft Dez’ replacement

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If they stick with Dez and Dak we are freaking doomed !!!
"Doomed" how? We're not pretending we haven't been "doomed" since 1997 are we? 9-7 is considered a "successful" season around The Star. Mediocrity is acceptable. There's no financial sense at all in cutting Dez this year. NEXT year, you bet. But not this year.

They can still restructure him to free up some cap space but that also extends his dead money a year or two more after we finally cut him. I say let him play under his current deal one more year then cut him before June 1st of next year, this frees up 8 million of cap space leaving us with only 4 million dead money, for only one year. Cut him now and it's 8 million dead money and 8 million against the cap. (That's a $16 million difference in cap space.)

We're stuck with the piece of shit. This is exactly what I warned of when we were considering getting married to this fuck long-term. But hell, him knowing next year is most likely his last in Dallas, he will be playing for his next big contract elsewhere and might just fucking beast it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You have got to be fucking kidding.

Fortunately he signed with Baltimore.

Baltimore signing Crabtree might actually help Calvin Ridley fall to 19. He still has to get past Green Bay though. DJ Moore should definitely be there at 19 if WR is the way they want to go in the 1st round.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we aRE SO FUCKED !!
"Fucked" how? We're not pretending we haven't been "fucked" since 1997 are we?

Why so upset now? This shit has been going on for the last 21 years. You been living under a rock?

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Fucked" how? We're not pretending we haven't been "fucked" since 1997 are we?

Why so upset now? This shit has been going on for the last 21 years. You been living under a rock?

Oh I have been mad about it for the last two decades. just felt like posting that since this is a cowboys forum. I mean cmon dooms really ??

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
another year of sidelines tantrums and a WR-QB combo that can't quite connect. are you excited yet?

Top Bottom