Sal Monella

Man among boys
Dez tweets: "Sign me up to replace Witten!"

While Dez Bryant might have spent the entire 2019 season out of the NFL, the former Dallas Cowboys star receiver is still looking for another shot. In fact, he’s even willing to do it with his former team as the replacement for a former teammate.

Bryant took to Twitter on Sunday to call upon the Cowboys to sign him and allow him to take over Jason Witten’s role. The way Bryant sees it, Dallas’ offense would become unstoppable if he joined Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Amari Cooper and Co.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
This dolt Tweeted himself out of the NFL. Just another guy who lacks any self awareness but I don't blame him, he's just another victim of the crack epidemic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
This dolt Tweeted himself out of the NFL. Just another guy who lacks any self awareness but I don't blame him, he's just another victim of the crack epidemic.
Interesting he's saying he wants to play TE now... His previous unwillingness to learn other spots like the slot and the Y or even everything the X is supposed to do limited him greatly.

I always said he would be a deadly weapon at the slot. He would cause headaches at the Y. No more being taken completely out of games, too versatile. At TE I don't see his value as a blocker but he would definitely be a step up as a pass catching TE over Witten.

I actually wouldn't be against signing him on the cheap and let's see what McCarthy can do with him at slot and TE. If he's willing to expand his repertoire he can have a significant role.

Number1

Spectator
BTW, if Dez goes to camp healthy he will play. For get the press and Dez's lighting rod personality.
the guy is as good as any red zone WR in history

Scot

Quality Starter
Was

Dez was good

He hasn’t been “good” in 6 years!!!

Now he’s just some guy that no team wants who hasn’t stepped on a pro football field in 3 years. The last time he tried he blew out his Achilles

Now he’s just another washed up WR that is 3 years older with another major injury added to his list of nagging injuries

No thanks

MrB

Draft Pick
Not interested, especially with a new coach implementing a new culture. We've seen his act.
Not to mention as the 3rd or 4th WR he would be required to play ST. He doesn’t have the speed anymore to be a return guy so that means he would need to cover kicks. Then, is Dak willing to play for the vet min? I just don’t see any way his ego will allow him to do any of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom
We've logged Hit Counter by Digits Visitors since 2018.
DISCLAIMER:
The company requires me to use a disclaimer:
The opinions expressed are solely those of authors on this forum and do not represent the views of the Company (Jackson's Food Stores)
Thank you.