Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only the retards that celebrate moral victories and want participation trophies think regular season wins are "success". We all know success is what you do in JANUARY (and hopefully February).
LTNS

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
Only the retards that celebrate moral victories and want participation trophies think regular season wins are "success". We all know success is what you do in JANUARY (and hopefully February).
Originally I am a 70's Landry/Roger Cowboy fan and all the winning that was involved established a foundation for my football team's expectations.
Jimmy did his best in continuing this type excellence but for a shorter tenure.
Now, I don't even know what to call 4 playoff wins in the last 26 years...
Not my opinion of success though, lol.
Another post season loss this year just supports my continuing opinion of what another non successful season really is.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s gotta be NFC Championship game or bust for me to consider this season a win. Obviously winning that game would be ideal and I would consider the season a success.

But I may even consider the season a success to some degree if we play our asses off and simply get beat by a better team.

But…

If we finally make it to the Championship game and then lay an egg???

Then this entire season and tenure of MM would be considered a failure IMO.

And…

If we lose in the playoffs because of missed kicks by hook ‘em left Zuerlein????

Then the HC, Jerry, Baby Jeruh, Will MaClay and Bones Fassel are all at fault for allowing a player with clear and evident performance issues along with confidence issues not only to remain on the team, but remain on the team unchallenged for his position. He should have been replaced well before the bye week.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. He will be the reason we lose in the playoffs!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There are many ways this season could possibly end, two of which I would consider successful. One of course, is winning the Super Bowl. The second is losing in either the NFC Title game or the Super Bowl, and doing so in a way that is a hard fought, well played contest where the other team is simply better. A game where the loss cannot be blamed on Jerry Jones, or McCarthy, or Dak, or Kellen Moore, or Greg Zuerlein, or, you get the point.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
MM said that we need to run the ball vs the Niners. He went on to say that we are 9-0 this season when we run the ball 30 times or more per game.

So, will we run 30 times plus? I doubt it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
MM said that we need to run the ball vs the Niners. He went on to say that we are 9-0 this season when we run the ball 30 times or more per game.

So, will we run 30 times plus? I doubt it.

Apparently that message was delivered to Moore and the offensive staff before the Eagles finale too.

If we don't get behind and have even moderate success running the ball, I'd say pretty good chance we get to 30+ carries.

That said, the Niners are pretty good vs run, ranking 7th in yds per game allowed and tied for 4th in yds per rush allowed.

Their secondary is definitely a weak spot though and if we can give Prescott decent protection we should have a good game throwing it for sure. Despite ranking near the top of the league in sacks with 48, they rank in the bottom half or near the bottom in most other pass defense metrics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom