superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The defending champs have had a pretty shitty three year run of drafting if you ask me. Sergio Kindle? fuck outta here.

I don't think many people here do a good job of comparing their expectations of our front office as far as "hitting" in the draft to what the rest of the league is capable of year in year out.

Mostly teams do a terrible job drafting, then just strike it big one year. Boom. They have the cornerstone of their team. The idea that we're floundering while the truly successful teams are getting 4-5 starters out of the draft every season is nonsense.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fyi I don't want anyone praising the FO, they don't deserve it.

But at least be realistic. EVERYONE struggles in the draft. EVERYONE struggles in free agency, and signs players who never see the field or should never see the field. Whatever.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Different scheme. Different coaches.

He was a 4-3 DE for quite some time in college, eventually that may be his best fit anyway.

He looks like an 'elephant' type of player.

Though not as good as getting to the QB as Von Miller.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I would never defend a Longhorn player but he fractured his skull and was never the same player.

Not quite the same thing as drafting Robert Brewster.

You're right in your theory that all teams miss on players. We just miss more than most.

We have a deeply flawed hierarchy where a guy who spends most of the year looking for more money, comes in around March and overrules scouts and coaches who spend every day of their lives looking for and working with talented football players. As long as that issue remains and because Jones is incapable of believing his way is not the right way, we will continue to misjudge players more often than most teams.

The Jacksonville Jaguars GM can't keep on guessing wrong because in 3 years he'll get fired. Look at the amount of players we have drafted from the last 5 drafts and how many will still be on the roster this year. I read an article a few months back (I'll try to find it) that had us ranked 31st in draft retainability.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
re·tain (r-tn)
tr.v. re·tained, re·tain·ing, re·tains
1. To maintain possession of. See Synonyms at keep.
2. To keep or hold in a particular place, condition, or position.
3. To keep in mind; remember.
4. To hire (an attorney, for example) by the payment of a fee.
5. To keep in one's service or pay.

re·ten·tion (r-tnshn)
n.
a. The act of retaining.

????? jackass

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus saying he thinks the Durant signing means coaches will move Wilbur to DE

Reaction score
Broaddus is a media guy who works for the team, yet is wrong about what the team will do on a fairly consistant basis.

He's kind of like the village idiot.

Reaction score
Meh. He's good for giving insight into what went into decisions when he had access. And I respect that he tries to engage fans.

But he doesn't seem to have a clue what the team is going to do at all (argued with me that they were cutting FJ in training camp). And he's obnoxious on twitter with how he RT's everyones questions yet either gives incredibly vague answers or doesn't answer them at all.

Reaction score
Well, he blocked me on twitter for wishing death on Jerry Jones, but basically a typical tweet will look like this:

@BryanBroaddus
RT@OmegaSupreme '@meDo you think the team goes after G or S in rd 1' Team likes

Reaction score
I hope Wilber can play DE in this scheme. I am fine with the depth at LB right now, but if we could have another guy who could get to the passer off the edge that certainly would help.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Little too early to give up on the guy. Doug Free rode the bench for years, and look at the stud he's turned into.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I clicked on it expecting to see some highlights.

Boy was I pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom