Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/22/2014-depth-chart-dallas-cowboys/

1. Free Safety

A game of musical chairs ensued at this position in 2013. Will Allen started in possession and did nothing terribly wrong before being replaced in week three by J.J. Wilcox. It seemed like the Cowboys were just returning to their original preseason strategy of starting Wilcox – a plan that was hampered by the tragic death of his mother. Once installed, he too gave a reasonable account of himself before his worst game coincided with an injury that took him out for three weeks. In the interim Dallas turned to Jeff Heath who only looked totally out of his depth once (along with everyone else – in the debacle against the Saints) and Wilcox, on his return, was left to back-up duty. It’s difficult to call a winner here and although it’s possible that someone else may stand up to be counted, the Cowboys believe that one of these two will be their FS of the future.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score
I think people give Heath WAY too much shit. He was an undrafted rook and didn't look any worse than any of the other assclowns on last year's D. What does that say about them?

I think it's because he's white and plays DB. Has to be twice as good to get half the credit. Kind of like black QBs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think people give Heath WAY too much shit. He was an undrafted rook and didn't look any worse than any of the other assclowns on last year's D. What does that say about them?

I think it's because he's white and plays DB. Has to be twice as good to get half the credit. Kind of like black QBs.
Might be true for some fans, but definitely not for sportscasters, writers, and the like.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He was ok till the ball got in the air, then he was one of the most hopeless looking players I've ever seen on the football field.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Heath was a walking time bomb the entire season. Couldn't cover to save his arse in any situation.

Top Bottom