NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
How could you not be?

You're the bummiest team in all of the NFL, maybe even all of sports, and you do nothing to improve... EVER!

How long is it going to take for Mike Brown (Bengals owner) to realize Marvin Lewis is NOT a head coach in this league? Or that he needs to hire a GM because their system obviously is not working.

You trade your top WR over the past how many years for pennies. Your franchise QB is threatening to retire because he doesn't want to play for your bum asses anymore. So instead of trading him for a 3rd possibly a 2nd round draft choice to a QB needy team, you keep him to prove whatever point you're trying to prove. "Holding him to his word" or whatever the fuck Mike Brown is saying.

Now you have rookies AJ Green (which is something to be excited about) and Andy Dalton (a red head QB... good luck with that) as your future on offense. No RBs to speak of, and an average OL that hinges on whether or not OT Smith is a bust.

On defense Maualuga, Peko, and Hall are the best they have. They let Joesph, who was arguably their best defensive player, go in FA without a fight. Signed Nate Clements on a hometown discount and have Reggie Nelson at safety along with a couple other names you might remember.

On top of all that, they go into free agency with the 2nd most cap room and they don't sign anyone note worthy. Two ex-Raiders, a first round bust (Lawson), and a couple other bodies.

The Bengals shoulda been the Eagles... You didn't fire Lewis so we know you're not rebuilding. So sign players to at least compete. Not the old heads but young players that can contribute not only this season but also down the road.

Situations like this is when the Commissioner needs to step in and take a team from an owner. Mike Brown doesn't deserve one.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"Holding him to his word" or whatever the fuck Mike Brown is saying.

I laugh when teams (owners/GM's) say a player isn't living up to the contract he signed. They cut players all the time with years left on their contracts. Are they not living up to their word?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Exactly.

Shit, if its me and the guy doesn't want to be on my team then he's gone.

Keeping him on the roster does nothing but cause distractions and a contagious animosity towards ownership/coaches within the locker room. That alone would fuck up chemistry on a football team and cause them to be losers.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly.

Shit, if its me and the guy doesn't want to be on my team then he's gone.

Keeping him on the roster does nothing but cause distractions and a contagious animosity towards ownership/coaches within the locker room. That alone would fuck up chemistry on a football team and cause them to be losers.

Mike Brown is trying to prove that players can't just demand to leave the Bengals. Thinks it sets a bad precedent.

Much better to show the world that the player would rather walk away from millions and not play at all.

Mike Brown and Al Davis are the only things keeping Jerry from being the worst GM in the NFL.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I hate that thinking though. Who gives a shit if they don't want to be on your team.. Start winning and it changes everything.

Why ruin a career and essentially take away from the game because you're being a stubborn dick?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's a never ending cycle, and will continue to be so as long as Brown insists on having it his way. Even if he "wins" with Palmer they'll be in the same situation with Andy Dalton, AJ Green or another player(s) a few years down the road. Get over yourself, before Cincinnati gets over your team.

Reaction score
Its incredibly embarrassing that a still in his prime QB would rather sit out a season than play for your team and make $10M.

Carson went to them privately at first. At that time take your 2nd round pick and move on. What are you accomplishing here instead of further embarrassing yourself to the fans and other players? They now know you are actively dicking the team over player/owner pride

Mr.Po

Reaction score
At least they're not alone...............

2898887480_6560367c6f_o.jpg

Top Bottom