MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't care if Garrett is nutless or not, he is still the HC.

I said it the day I watched it, the whole thing was bizarre. Almost like it was a pity-fest or some attention grab. It should have never been done. Maybe in Romo's mind he did it to help ensure he'd be released.

No way in hell would a coach like Jimmy or Belichick tolerated something like that happening on their watch.

I honestly think Romo just got tired of the speculation about getting his job back. He got tired of everyone talking about it and asking him questions about it. I also believe that he likes and respects Dak and like he said in the press conference that everyone could see that something special was happening. He realized that neither Jerry or Red were going to man up and officially say Dak is the starter. Red is a gutless loser for putting Romo in that situation. He should have been the one to step up and give that press conference not Romo. To me it seemed like a big "fuck you" to Red. That was a clear moment of Romo losing all respect for Red.

I also do not think Romo ever wanted Jerry to get rid of Red. Why would he? He was putting up a ton of stats and making millions of dollars. He was a star playing the most important position on the most visible team in the world. From his perspective, why rock that boat? Also Romo didn't have as much leverage as you think he did because of the franchise tag. Romo can say all day long that he walking if Jerry doesn't fire Red. Doesn't mean shit because Jerry could just continue to franchise him. Remember, that rule of only being able to franchise a player twice wasn't in effect for most of Romo's career.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wait why does the coach/owner have to step up and name the starter ? the only person the qb controversy effected was romo. dak always answered questions like a champ, and only praised romo.

romo should have shut his mouth but he couldn't help himself because he's been getting sucked off by every person in the organization for years. he's no longer the big man on campus. he had to answer questions about getting his job back from this new kid who basically had the whole offense on his side save maybe witten.

romo got kicked in the nuts and a massive ego check. but he couldn't help himself to be brave and courageous and give us a stupid press conference. cmon...that's a crybaby diva move.

could romo not have just released a statement to schefter or on twitter like everybody else does? no it's dallas. romo knew he'd get a huge audience for his public neutering circus.

give me a break.

like i said earlier in this thread, romo is a chode.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
correction: i said romo was a chode in a different thread.

:)

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
wait why does the coach/owner have to step up and name the starter ? the only person the qb controversy effected was romo. dak always answered questions like a champ, and only praised romo.

romo should have shut his mouth but he couldn't help himself because he's been getting sucked off by every person in the organization for years. he's no longer the big man on campus. he had to answer questions about getting his job back from this new kid who basically had the whole offense on his side save maybe witten.

romo got kicked in the nuts and a massive ego check. but he couldn't help himself to be brave and courageous and give us a stupid press conference. cmon...that's a crybaby diva move.

could romo not have just released a statement to schefter or on twitter like everybody else does? no it's dallas. romo knew he'd get a huge audience for his public neutering circus.

give me a break.

like i said earlier in this thread, romo is a chode.

Actually I got the impression that even Witten was on team Dak.

The reason Garrett (not Jerry) should have spoken up and confirmed that Dak would continue to be the starter is to alleviate the media storm that was going on. The last thing any real head coach would want is his rookie QB having to go through that shit storm. Now hindsight tells us that Dak was able to handle it like a pro but at the time we didn't know that. Garrett was walking a fine line and could have easily ruined an excellent QB prospect.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo approached Cowboys senior vice president of public relations, Rich Dalrymple, ahead of the Nov. 20 game against the Ravens to stage a press conference to publicly back Dak Prescott, who had emerged as a rookie phenom at quarterback in Romo’s absence for the first-place Cowboys. Garrett reportedly was left in the dark about Romo’s speech, which came while Romo still was nursing a back injury that forced him to miss most of the season.

Left in the dark... which means Jerry knew about it AND didn't inform him. THAT'S what this is really all about. Romo may approached Dalrymple, but likely only after he approach Jerry. OR... he may have approached Dalrymple, and no way Dal would make this move without notifying Jerry first. Obviously Jerry knew that Garrett didn't know, and nonetheless allowed the announcement to go on without informing him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the Romo PC was a class act; him going behind Garrett's back just makes it all the more sweeter. The fucking backstabber got backstabbed.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't care if Garrett is nutless or not, he is still the HC.

I said it the day I watched it, the whole thing was bizarre. Almost like it was a pity-fest or some attention grab. It should have never been done. Maybe in Romo's mind he did it to help ensure he'd be released.

No way in hell would a coach like Jimmy or Belichick tolerated something like that happening on their watch.

And as the HC, he should have taken the lead on this, and not allow for it to fester as long as it did to where it became a distraction. The team had coalesce around Dak. Garrett refused to make a decision.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
And as the HC, he should have taken the lead on this, and not allow for it to fester as long as it did to where it became a distraction. The team had coalesce around Dak. Garrett refused to make a decision.

Perfect definition of what it is to be nutless. The Red Poster Child for nutlessness.

Reaction score
Per a reporter on Twitter

Tony Romo has taken situation very personally in Dallas and has distanced himself from teammates and coach who were "Team Dak" per source.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Tony Romo has taken situation very personally in Dallas and has distanced himself from teammates and coach who were "Team Dak" per source.

Thats annoying, acts like he hasnt made 100 million in his career. He played and got paid, so now he is going have tender feelings like a woman? I wish somebody would insult me like that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

All the more reason to hold on to his ass until it's absolutely time to cut him (final cuts). Hey Tony, you sit your ass down until I tell you where you're going.

Reaction score

Like I said in the other thread, Romo is a selfish jerk. He first tries to undercut Dak and the team by demanding to compete with Dak mid-week when the team was on a roll without his choker ass. Then he pulls the speech stunt which was a huge distraction. He should have kept his mouth shut until the season was over.

And now we have reports that his poor wittle feelings are hurt, and he's acting like a basic bitch towards teammates. If it were up to me Romo's option would be Cleveland or retire. He doesn't deserve jack shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Tony's feelins got hurt

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Actually he did make a decision, he decided Prescott was the starter and Romo didn't like it.

Reaction score
Garrett: Cowboys still 'working through' decision on Tony Romo

3/27/2017 3:39:07 PM

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett confirmed Monday at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix that the team has yet to make a decision on what to do with their veteran star quarterback, Marc Sessler of NFL.com reports.

"It's really unchanged," Garrett told NFL Network's Steve Wyche. "He's still part of our roster. We haven't made any roster moves with Tony at this point. So it's just status quo right now."

Asked why the Cowboys have yet to make a decisive move with Romo, Garrett made it clear the franchise feels no pressure to pull the trigger on his release.

"Tony's been a good quarterback for us for a long time," Garrett said. "We're working through his situation. The players aren't back for the offseason program yet, so we're just in a wait-and-see mode about what his status is going to be going forward."

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Some of you guys are getting pretty butt hurt over this Romo stuff.

Be careful of what you read. This is a very slow time of the year and these "reports" are notorious for being nothing but bullshit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
O Scandrick loving him some Prescott today by the way. Says the guy has been a workout and study animal every day, even on Fridays. 12-14 hours a day and says "natural born leader"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
O Scandrick loving him some Prescott today by the way. Says the guy has been a workout and study animal every day, even on Fridays. 12-14 hours a day and says "natural born leader"

Prescott is the only thing keeping my fandom alive, had he not come out of no where, I wouldn't see any reason to find hope for this team. Unfortunately, he'll probably be wasted by the jones boys

Top Bottom