How many postseason games will Dallas win?

• Total voters

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The team that played yesterday can beat San Francisco. However, the team that shows up next week, God only knows.....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't like the matchup at all. Their front 7 against our o-line?

I agree

The Rams would be an easier win. But with that said…

Anytime we can match up with the Niners in the playoffs and ruin their season I’m all for it!

Why?

Because fuck the Niners, always!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is every bodies ideal SB?

For me growing up in LA I have always wanted my Cowboys vs the Raiders. I have a ton of buddies that are Raider fans so that would make for a crazy ass Super Bowl viewing party here at the house!

Plus I would love to have a Cowboy win to hold over their head forever

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that we play the Niners we might not win a single playoff game

I felt much safer playing the Rams with how many INT’s Stafford has thrown lately
Niners were the team I would have preferred not to play, but at the end of the day we can beat anyone, or we can lose to anyone.

If the team doesnt get shitcanned by the Covid and they play up to their abilities, we'll probably win fairly easily. But we all know that isnt likely. Wont surprise me at all if we have some mega rash of Covids, including Prescott, nor would it surprise me if we just went out there and embarrassed ourselves like we did against Denver and Arizona, two teams we should have kicked the shit out of.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't like the matchup at all. Their front 7 against our o-line?
I agree, and also worry like hell about their offense cramming the ball down our throats for 4 quarters.

Shanahan is a great run game play caller and he wont give up on it, especially after he starts looking at tape of our starters getting blown off the LOS play after play by Philly's backups.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the traditional script for the last 20-some-odd-years will go like this:

1. DAL finds out they will face the 49ers

2. DAL knows the 49ers & shanahan are exceptional at running the ball

3. DAL may also know that their defense is a dumpster fire vs. the run

4. DAL's D preps heavily vs. the run all week leading up to the game

5. on game day, the 49ers are instead going to throw for 350 yds

(bonus) deebo samuel has 100+ yds receiving on mostly screens and slants

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
relive the bullshit all over again

As I've always said, the line judge at the spot of the catch made the correct call. Ball caught, down by contact no TD. Knee was down before he lunged for the end zone.

Better question still is, why is the ball going there when you had Witten and the midget wide open for the 1st down. Romo never even looked.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As I've always said, the line judge at the spot of the catch made the correct call. Ball caught, down by contact no TD. Knee was down before he lunged for the end zone.

Better question still is, why is the ball going there when you had Witten and the midget wide open for the 1st down. Romo never even looked.

my contention is that stupid call robbed the world of a better finish because Dalls would have liked scored but Rogers almost assuredly would have marched them down the field and scored to win and maybe even given Romo another shot, there were over 4 minutes left in the game which is an eternity for Rogers, especially when playing against Swiss cheese

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
my contention is that stupid call robbed the world of a better finish because Dalls would have liked scored but Rogers almost assuredly would have marched them down the field and scored to win and maybe even given Romo another shot, there were over 4 minutes left in the game which is an eternity for Rogers, especially when playing against Swiss cheese
That was the other problem I had with the pass, it used no time even if the onfield call wasn't reversed. We needed to chew clock and HAD the 1st down with a dumpoff to Witten or the midget. We needed two yards not 50.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was thinking about who I would want to beat to get to the SB. I believe beating San Fran to advance, then the Steelers in SB would be the most gratifying and satisfying route.

Beating them both for old time sake and for the nostalgia factor alone would be great!

I also wouldn’t mind beating the Bills again. 3rd times a charm and all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
relive the bullshit all over again

I will never be convinced that wasnt a catch.

That said, I doubt we'd have held on and won. Rodgers against that defense was a pretty solid lock to move down and win the game with a FG or TD.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was thinking about who I would want to beat to get to the SB. I believe beating San Fran to advance, then the Steelers in SB would be the most gratifying and satisfying route.

Beating them both for old time sake and for the nostalgia factor alone would be great!

I also wouldn’t mind beating the Bills again. 3rd times a charm and all.
Easy there amigo. One week at a time.

The Stealers have no shot whatsoever to be in the super bowl though, even with refs trying to help them like they normally do. Their team sux and should not be in the playoffs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Easy there amigo. One week at a time.

The Stealers have no shot whatsoever to be in the super bowl though, even with refs trying to help them like they normally do. Their team sux and should not be in the playoffs.

I never said any team would or could make it. Hell if we make it it will be a miracle.

I was just talking about the most satisfying route to the end for me personally.

I just wish we were meeting the Niners in the NFC Championship game instead of the wildcard round. That would be the cherry on top to make up for 1994.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just wish we were meeting the Niners in the NFC Championship game instead of the wildcard round. That would be the cherry on top to make up for 1994.
I doubt any win over them will ever make me feel better about that loss.

We had a boob HC and a ton of injuries, but it sure felt like that game was stolen from us. That team was destined for the 3-peat and maybe even the 4-peat, and we got shafted.

It started by the league allowing the Niners to be the only team to play without a salary cap, they signed half the probowl defense and then they got away with murder in the championship game.

Top Bottom