How many postseason games will Dallas win?

• Total voters

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Simple question regardless of what we seed or who we initially play.

How many postseason games will the Cowboys win?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't like the slide they're on. They'll be knocked off at home by a mystery team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The opponent matters but what matters more is which Dallas "team" shows up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We may win one, but we won’t win a second one. We haven’t been able to string 2 good games together back to back since the bye week

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I voted 1 and know I'm well in the minority. But hey, we can all have hope.....
After the Washington game I thought 1, and probably even 2 were a lock.

My answer is 0 right now but what Dooms said is 100% true. If they play like they are capable of playing they could beat anyone (or even everyone) and win the whole thing. Scot also has a very valid point though in not playing back to back good games. We havent done it in a long time and after playing the best game they played all yr, they followed it up with one of their worst against a really shorthanded opponent that was playing bad themselves.

I won't be at all surprised if AZ gets smoked by Seattle this week.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We haven't a chance in hell, nobody on the offence seems to have the sense of urgency. Zak and his inconsistencies looks like a nervous wreck inside the pocket and our running game is crap. They look no where ready for the post season and my guess is, Philly will crush them!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We haven't a chance in hell, nobody on the offence seems to have the sense of urgency. Zak and his inconsistencies looks like a nervous wreck inside the pocket and our running game is crap. They look no where ready for the post season and my guess is, Philly will crush them!
If we call/play our A game, we can go all the way. Question is and has been, will our coaching turn the guys loose or will they play the "take what they give us" safe game.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If we call/play our A game, we can go all the way. Question is and has been, will our coaching turn the guys loose or will they play the "take what they give us" safe game.

There's a lot of chatter on the net about how basic our offense has looked and it's easy for defenses and DC's to defend. I'm not a fan of Chris Simms but he made a couple of interesting points that make a lot of sense. Of course, a failed QB critiquing a much more successful QB is almost cringeworthy so I stayed away from any of that and stuck to his breakdown of the Dallas O and how DC's defend them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We ran the simplest offense in the history of football from 1991-1995, and basically nobody could stop it.

As much as the game and rules have changed, it still comes down to some elementary stuff as well. Blocking and tackling are things that no coordinator or head coach can scheme out of for very long (if any amount of time).

The fact is right now we cant block. Our OL is awful, they generate no push or run lanes to get through on any consistent basis. The pass protection is slightly better but on many plays the other team has guys well back into the pocket/into Prescot's face. Maybe some of it is blocking scheme/style but whatever they are doing now is not working for the most part.

People (especially IdiotZoner's) keep foaming at the mouth over "Zeke sux, Zeke is washed up"...."Run Pollard more!!!! "Pollard is far more effective!!!!" but when you look at the game logs, his season mirrors Zeke's. The best rushing games either of them had were all in first 6 games of the season and since then, neither has been overly effective. Pollard has 3 games where he got to 50 yards (KC 50, New Orleans 71 and NYG 74, but in the Saints games almost all his yards came on 1 carry (the 58 yd TD) otherwise he had 13 yards on 6 carries). Since the bye week we rank last in the league in yards per rush and are near the top of the league in rushes for negative or zero yards. That is not winning football.

They don't have one guy on the roster at TE that is a decent blocker (run or pass) so to help offset that, they resort to using backup OL in the FB or TE role. The problem with that is unless you are on the goalline defenses know with almost 100% certainty that the player/s are ZERO threat to actually catch a pass, further limiting the offense. Even if the defense doesn't know if the play will be a run or pass, they know they don't have to account for that guy (ex, McGovern or Steele is he comes in in that role) as a receiver.

They've played 10 games since the bye week and the offense was only good in 3 of them. It's highly doubtful we'll be fixing whatever the problem is now, especially now that we lost Gallup for the year and Zeke continues to play on one leg.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The QB has played one good game in the last eight. Against a team playing on 4 days since their last game that never really got off the bus. Seeing is believing for me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We ran the simplest offense in the history of football from 1991-195, and basically nobody could stop it.
Because it was drilled. It was an identity. It was second nature, muscle memory. It wasn't "take what they give us" and didn't change week to week depending on how scared we were of the opponent.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
we let our offensive line get old and then didn't replace them with very good people. Fred Beard having to retire fucked us and instead of addressing that we have what we have at Center now and instead of having to worry about just 1 maybe 2 online needing to be shored up, we now have all of them save for maybe martin having major weaknesses. We played the easiest schedule save for I think Philly this year and we are about to run into buzz saws. I say we win 1 playoff game if that game is against Philly. Otherwise 0. We just do not have the cast on online.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
we let our offensive line get old and then didn't replace them with very good people. Fred Beard having to retire fucked us and instead of addressing that we have what we have at Center now and instead of having to worry about just 1 maybe 2 online needing to be shored up, we now have all of them save for maybe martin having major weaknesses. We played the easiest schedule save for I think Philly this year and we are about to run into buzz saws. I say we win 1 playoff game if that game is against Philly. Otherwise 0. We just do not have the cast on online.

This OL isn't old.

I also wouldn't agree that we've played an "easy" schedule.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Tough question. Hopefully the squad that showed up seasons first 7 games will show up in the playoffs as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because it was drilled. It was an identity. It was second nature, muscle memory. It wasn't "take what they give us" and didn't change week to week depending on how scared we were of the opponent.
I agree on the drilled and identity part. Obviously the league has been extremely pussified and practice rules have been installed to essentially eliminate REAL practices, but I remember going to Austin for training camp in 1992. I swear Jimmy's daily practices were almost like watching a REAL game. They were out in full pads and tackling to the ground, even in the extreme heat.

One of the most amazing things I saw for those 3 or 4 days is when Aikman was at QB, the ball literally didn't hit the ground unless the receiver dropped it or somehow the DB dislodged it. Those practices were awesome to watch and it was definitely one reason when we got the the 4th qtr with the lead, that OL and our RB could just maul an opponent into submission. They were more physical and in better shape than everybody they played.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree on the drilled and identity part. Obviously the league has been extremely pussified and practice rules have been installed to essentially eliminate REAL practices, but I remember going to Austin for training camp in 1992. I swear Jimmy's daily practices were almost like watching a REAL game. They were out in full pads and tackling to the ground, even in the extreme heat.

One of the most amazing things I saw for those 3 or 4 days is when Aikman was at QB, the ball literally didn't hit the ground unless the receiver dropped it or somehow the DB dislodged it. Those practices were awesome to watch and it was definitely one reason when we got the the 4th qtr with the lead, that OL and our RB could just maul an opponent into submission. They were more physical and in better shape than everybody they played.

and they spoiled me rotten making the last 26 years sheer sports misery

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that we play the Niners we might not win a single playoff game

I felt much safer playing the Rams with how many INT’s Stafford has thrown lately

Top Bottom