ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ed Werder: I think he's a two or a three. I think there's a lot of guys like him. I wouldn't make a priority out of signing him. I think Brice Butler's as good a player as he is quite honestly.
I don't think that much of Williams, but he's better than Butler. Butler is another one of those good-athlete, all-potential, little production guys.

Reaction score
I don't think that much of Williams, but he's better than Butler. Butler is another one of those good-athlete, all-potential, little production guys.

Yeah. The tricky thing about TWilly is he tries to mask his glaring weakness in actual receiving ability by blocking, putting on an effort show during practice, OTAs and training camp and then there is the "I tried my best" Fall and injury after a missed pass away from his body. It all looks like the RKG but the bottom line between Williams and Butler is Williams started 15 games and was targeted 61 times, had 4 TDs and a 13.6 ypc. He is not getting better and he never was fast. At least with Butler he only started 3 games was targeted 32 times, caught 3 TDs and had a 13.7 ypc. Just looks like the better use of a roster spot would go to the actual WR with the speed that the position requires.

But that said I would only keep Butler as a 4 or 5 and get a faster and more reliable #3WR.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I had high hopes for Butler. Oh well

He just seems to fuck up at exactly the worst moment in a game

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The offseason is brutal for this website, where Terrance freaking Williams is a hot button topic.

Reaction score

Off topic but does anyone remember Todd Lowber on hard knocks and how Jason Garretts dipshit father raved about the kid and said you'd have to be crazy not to keep him on the team?

:lol

Fuck the whole Garrett family.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Off topic but does anyone remember Todd Lowber on hard knocks and how Jason Garretts dipshit father raved about the kid and said you'd have to be crazy not to keep him on the team?

No, but I remember Campo getting his pants pulled down.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Liked and appreciated.

One of my favorite parts of that series was Old Man Garrett ranting that, "This Lowber is a magnificent athlete! You'd have to be crazy not to have him on your team!!"

And then Wade at the end calmly saying, almost laughing, "Todd was a nice guy and a good athlete, but he just wasn't a football player."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Liked and appreciated.

One of my favorite parts of that series was Old Man Garrett ranting that, "This Lowber is a magnificent athlete! You'd have to be crazy not to have him on your team!!"

And then Wade at the end calmly saying, almost laughing, "Todd was a nice guy and a good athlete, but he just wasn't a football player."

That really sums up Jason Garrretts idea of what a coached team should be.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still wonder why Jerry was so enthralled with the old man. He never did anything special in the league, and wasn't even a good scout.

I guess he probably was a great suck-up and company man. Just like his son.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No, but I remember Campo getting his pants pulled down.

I remember Bruce Coslet saying the group of WR's they had was the best he had ever seen. I also remember Jerry being devastated when some spare ass FB blew his knee out.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Yeah, Lowbar gets mentioned on here once every 6 months.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
All I remember about hard knocks is Richmond Flowers and Chad Hutchinson pretty much sucking each other off on screen.

Reaction score
Williams might be too expensive for the Cowboys to keep

By Charean Williams
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

INDIANAPOLIS —

The Cowboys would love to keep Terrance Williams as their No. 2 receiver. But he might get more money in free agency than the Cowboys are willing to pay.

“Just got to wait and see,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday. “We really like Terrance Williams. He’s been a really good football player for us. To that point, he’s one of those guys that whenever you give him an opportunity, he comes in and makes a play. He does a lot of dirty work for us, but he’s a guy who makes difference-making plays when he gets chances. We value him a great deal. We’ll see how the free agency plays out for him and for the rest of the guys.”

Two years ago, in the seven games Dez Bryant missed with a right foot injury, Williams showed he isn’t a No. 1 receiver. He caught 25 passes for 468 yards and two touchdowns.

But he has proved a solid option as a No. 2. Williams has never missed a game in his four seasons since the Cowboys made him a third-round pick, making 177 catches for 2,791 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Williams still might cost too much to keep, though.

Last year, Marvin Jones got a five-year, $40 million deal from the Lions last season, Travis Benjamin a four-year, $24 million deal from the Chargers, and Mohamed Sanu a five-year, $32.5 million deal from the Falcons. Williams had better stats his first four seasons than any of those three.

The Cowboys’ fourth receiver, Brice Butler, also becomes an unrestricted free agent next year. They re-signed receivers Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley in 2015, with Bryant getting a five-year, $70 million deal and Beasley a four-year, $13.6 million deal.

Reaction score
Sweet feet.

Sour hands.

Velcro stomach.

Does a lot of dirty work and catches a few balls here and there. Yup. Almost Matt Johnson level of "Need-to-keep-on-the-team".

Reaction score
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting the free agent contract of #Cowboys wideout Terrance Williams to land between $6-$8 million per season.

Top Bottom