Reaction score
IMG_5005.jpg

Cowboys WR Terrance Williams makes case for new contract on Instagram

By Andrew Kulp
January 31, 2017
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams is set to become a free agent in March, and in case anybody thinks the offense would be just fine without him, he’s using social media to convince people that might not be the case.

Williams took to Instagram on Tuesday with a list of the top 10 leaders in a little-known statistic called RecQBRating, which measures quarterbacks’ passer ratings when targeting a specific receiver. Using this figure over the past five seasons from 2012 to 2016, including playoffs, it turns out the Cowboys wideout ranks seventh in the NFL, behind a group that includes five Pro Bowlers.

It’s unclear where this particular set of numbers comes from, but it couldn’t be more obvious what Williams is arguing. The Cowboys better pay him, or run the risk of losing one of the most efficient receivers in the league, at least based on one very specific measurement. Hey, whatever works at the bargaining table, right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP5pzESlqYb/

#realdealtwill #numbersdontlieYALLDO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldnt overpay to keep him, but clearly he is far better than you ever gave him credit for. The numbers don't lie.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldnt overpay to keep him, but clearly he is far better than you ever gave him credit for. The numbers don't lie.

Yea if he's willing to resign for a reasonable contract I'd resign him. Obviously his hands are suspect but he does still make the big catch (or crucial catch) from time to time. He's also probably the best blocking WR on the roster which helps Zeke immensely when he turns the corner on a run.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's going to get beat out for the #2 spot by the CFL guy we just signed the other day

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'll wait to see what the CFL guy has. I could see TWill getting resigned and then getting beat out by Beasley though.

Reaction score
The CFL guy is a camp body.

TWill is essentially the third receiver in this offense behind Dez and Beasley. You can't afford to set that guy up for life, financially, when we have so many needs on defense, and that we're best served being a run first offense.

Also, guys on teams 1-6 don't have near the run game threat that we do, which means Twill faces more favorable match ups defensively than those other guys. Twill is also facing a teams #2 corner most times, whereas a number of guys on that list are their respective teams #1 receiver. Misleading/garbage stat.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
People realize the "CFL guy" was someone who did not make it in the NFL the first time around?

I'm not saying guys can't go to the CFL and get better (Cameron Wake), but let's not act like we've found our guy and can sit back and chill now.

As far as Terrance Williams, I'm like 99% sure he will price himself right out of Dallas. In our offense, the #2 WR is many times the 5th option on the field. The issue becomes that #2 guy having to step up to #1 when/if Dez gets hurt.

Cooper Kupp in the 2nd or Zay Jones in the 3rd would solve this problem.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think we have to worry. He's not that good a player, and I think we know that and the market knows that. So if he stays, it won't be for much, because no one else will blow him away with a crazy offer either.

Wild card: I wonder if he could end up on the same team as Romo. They've always had great chemistry, and Romo went out of his way to praise him (one of the most underrated WRs in the league, etc) after the one game Romo played this year.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
People realize the "CFL guy" was someone who did not make it in the NFL the first time around?

I'm not saying guys can't go to the CFL and get better (Cameron Wake), but let's not act like we've found our guy and can sit back and chill now.

As far as Terrance Williams, I'm like 99% sure he will price himself right out of Dallas. In our offense, the #2 WR is many times the 5th option on the field. The issue becomes that #2 guy having to step up to #1 when/if Dez gets hurt.

Cooper Kupp in the 2nd or Zay Jones in the 3rd would solve this problem.

Andy Jones on the Practice Squad will get another chance too. He'll likely be the replacement for Brice Butler.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't think we have to worry. He's not that good a player, and I think we know that and the market knows that. So if he stays, it won't be for much, because no one else will blow him away with a crazy offer either.

Wild card: I wonder if he could end up on the same team as Romo. They've always had great chemistry, and Romo went out of his way to praise him (one of the most underrated WRs in the league, etc) after the one game Romo played this year.

I could see that happening. If I'm Romo though I would be trying to talk my new team in to signing Ron Leary.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Belichick would never re-sign this guy in a million years. He'd just replace him with another Hogan type in 10 seconds flat. But Dallas fans? "If we don't re-sign him, we're just creating a hole that will need to be addressed in the draft!! That's how losers think.

Reaction score
I like Kamara, Malone is meh.

Kamara might end up the best back in this class.

Malone has the hands, the size, the speed, and the concentration. He'd be a day one improvement at #2 receiver for us.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Belichick would never re-sign this guy in a million years. He'd just replace him with another Hogan type in 10 seconds flat. But Dallas fans? "If we don't re-sign him, we're just creating a hole that will need to be addressed in the draft!! That's how losers think.

In case you forgot, Belichick doesn't coach this team.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
correct, which means "welcome back, Twill!" for $2M per year. :facepalm

Also the Cowboys would never be able to do what New England did with Hogan. Find some spare ass WR and turn him into a star.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Also the Cowboys would never be able to do what New England did with Hogan. Find some spare ass WR and turn him into a star.

like trade Jamie Collins or lose a player like Gronk yet not miss a beat

Top Bottom