MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
like trade Jamie Collins or lose a player like Gronk yet not miss a beat

I think they actually played better after they traded Collins. That's what they do though. They did the same think with Richard Seymore, Ty Law, and Lawyer Milloy. Oh and Chandler Jones.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ted Johnson was on the Ticket the other day talking about what a genius Belichick is and how far ahead of everyone else he is -- even Parcells and Pete Carroll, who he also played for in New England.

I mean his incredible scouting and game planning isn't as valuable as "Hah!" and "17 Inches" t-shirts, but still pretty good.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The CFL guy looks fast against other CFL trash.

Jim Drunkenmiller looked halfway decent in the XFL.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I mean his incredible scouting and game planning

And this is where Belichick is a genius. Yes, he's crossed the line a time or two, but his scouting is next level. His dad was a scout so it makes sense. He had this old, goofy-looking guy who's only job is to break down and compile tendencies of opposing teams. That's why announcers say Belichick will take away what your team does best. He's got the personality of dbair's mother, but he's a football savant.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep. Johnson talked about how Parcells only taught him his little linebacker box he was to play in. Belichick taught him to comprehend the entire defense and how it all connected together.

Also said, just like you, that his evaluation of opponents' strengths and weaknesses was the best he'd ever seen. Said he's the best at knowing your tendencies. Teams like to "dance with who brung 'em" and say, "This is who we are and what we do", but that will get you beat against Belichick because he'll game plan so well against it.

Johnson brought up an interesting (to me) example in the Denver-NE AFC Champ game last year. Said Wade Philips stymied the NE offense so well that day because he did something he'd never done before: He usually plays tons of man, but in that game he went completely against his tendencies and played tons of different zones, especially in down and distances he didn't normally do them in. It totally buffaloed Brady that day.

But... Belichick responded by firing his offensive line coach the next week. He didn't just try to win the press conference with a bunch of grins and cliches about scratching and clawing and fighting hard.

Reaction score
I wouldnt overpay to keep him, but clearly he is far better than you ever gave him credit for. The numbers don't lie.

The numbers don't really tell anything. If you believe his numbers then he is not only a better receiver than Dez but he is somehow in the same conversation as Julio Jones and Antonio Brown? Actually none of the players on that list disappear during games and consecutive games and all of the WRs have catching radii that are based on 360 degree arms extension. TWilly's catching radius is one of the smallest in the league for WRs his size (only based on a 210 degree radius) and at his designation in the offense. The numbers show that he is targeted just over 4 times a game which is really once a quarter and he catches just over 2 per game or once per half.

Julio Jones? I think he would say the numbers are downright mendacious.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The numbers don't really tell anything. If you believe his numbers then he is not only a better receiver than Dez but he is somehow in the same conversation as Julio Jones and Antonio Brown? Actually none of the players on that list disappear during games and consecutive games and all of the WRs have catching radii that are based on 360 degree arms extension. TWilly's catching radius is one of the smallest in the league for WRs his size (only based on a 210 degree radius) and at his designation in the offense. The numbers show that he is targeted just over 4 times a game which is really once a quarter and he catches just over 2 per game or once per half.

Julio Jones? I think he would say the numbers are downright mendacious.

Nobody thinks he is Dez, Julio Jones or Antonio Brown.

What he is though is a quality #2 WR for this offense. I don't think he's a #1 for hardly anyone, but I do think he's a good #2 for a lot of teams, including us.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldnt overpay to keep him, but clearly he is far better than you ever gave him credit for. The numbers don't lie.

They don't. The fact he is not targeted more should tell you that maybe he simply isn't beating coverages consistently enough either.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Belichick would never re-sign this guy in a million years. He'd just replace him with another Hogan type in 10 seconds flat. But Dallas fans? "If we don't re-sign him, we're just creating a hole that will need to be addressed in the draft!! That's how losers think.

Yep love the way cheat thinks. The constant message is "you are replaceable no matter what". A no arm having cadaver like Matt Cassell won eleven games one year for him. Now he has idiotic GMs falling all over themselves to overpay for the likes of Jimmy Garrapolo who when he goes elsewhere will face plant big time. Makes me envious. Meanwhile you know Jerry will get bent over on the Romo deal.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep love the way cheat thinks. The constant message is "you are replaceable no matter what". A no arm having cadaver like Matt Cassell won eleven games one year for him. Now he has idiotic GMs falling all over themselves to overpay for the likes of Jimmy Garrapolo who when he goes elsewhere will face plant big time. Makes me envious. Meanwhile you know Jerry will get bent over on the Romo deal.

Yea Garrapolo will be the next QB to Scott Mitchell the hell out of some dumbass team.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yea Garrapolo will be the next QB to Scott Mitchell the hell out of some dumbass team.

I mean think real hard, Brady is 40 and at some point will lose it overnight or get hit and not get up. Why is the cheat in such a rush to get rid of Brady's replacement? Because he knows he is a JAG and eventually some other GM will lose his job by overpaying for him. I heard the Cleveland Clowns were interested. Tells me everything I need to know and then some. Bears too.

Reaction score
This guy plays well with Romo but Dak never seemed to click with him. He also sucks. See ya.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I mean think real hard, Brady is 40 and at some point will lose it overnight or get hit and not get up. Why is the cheat in such a rush to get rid of Brady's replacement? Because he knows he is a JAG and eventually some other GM will lose his job by overpaying for him. I heard the Cleveland Clowns were interested. Tells me everything I need to know and then some. Bears too.

According to the update I just got the Pats are working on an extension for Brady. They expect him to play 4-5 more years. Dude will probably play until he's 60.

Reaction score
Re-sign Terrance Williams: Good or bad idea?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: What is your take on Terrance Williams and where he fits into the league?

Ed Werder: I think he's a two or a three. I think there's a lot of guys like him. I wouldn't make a priority out of signing him. I think Brice Butler's as good a player as he is quite honestly.

Will Chambers: So do you believe the Cowboys are going to possibly choose Brice Butler over Terrance Williams simply for a money reason and what you just said?

Ed Werder: It seemed to me that Butler was as involved and you can draft wide receivers and we've seen that happen almost anywhere in the draft and get quality young players. I just don't see them putting a big premium on Terrance Williams.

I mean, what has he done? He gets single covered almost all the time and he hasn't been that highly productive of a player, in my opinion. Like if you look at the Atlanta Falcons he's not the equivalent of a Mohamed Sanu in my mind. I think you can do as well or better and save yourself a considerable amount of money.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't break the bank on Williams. The guy is a body catcher even after a few years in the NFL. You'd think that's an area where he would have improved by now. Other than a few good catches here and there, he's nothing special and just not worth the money.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
TWill needs to work cheap, or somewhere else. Kind of player you give a big contract to and have immediate buyers remorse.

Last edited:

Iamtdg

Reaction score
People realize the "CFL guy" was someone who did not make it in the NFL the first time around?

I'm not saying guys can't go to the CFL and get better (Cameron Wake), but let's not act like we've found our guy and can sit back and chill now.

As far as Terrance Williams, I'm like 99% sure he will price himself right out of Dallas. In our offense, the #2 WR is many times the 5th option on the field. The issue becomes that #2 guy having to step up to #1 when/if Dez gets hurt.

Cooper Kupp in the 2nd or Zay Jones in the 3rd would solve this problem.

He has been rising. Not sure he will be there in the late 2nd.

On topic of the thread, fuck Terrance Williams. He can go be a fuckup on someone else's team.

Top Bottom