Reaction score
Exactly how many offers to coach do you see him getting in the NFL?
Big Schools?
At those levels he'd be lucky to get a Coordinators job right now. Not saying that is his ceiling (I still believe with the right grooming and steps he could be a good one), but right now he's done nothing.
Oh, I see him getting 2.3 job offers in the NFL. If he goes college, probably 10.8 offers.

What the fuck are you even arguing? Do you know?

And you're close on that GED, I'm a lawyer, so basically the same thing.
Convenient. You probably shouldn't have started with the educational insults.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
two lawyers here? i'm gonna join theebs and punk. later.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Oh, I see him getting 2.3 job offers in the NFL. If he goes college, probably 10.8 offers.

What the fuck are you even arguing? Do you know?

Convenient. You probably shouldn't have started with the educational insults.

Really 2-3 offers? Anything higher than a QB's coach? Anything paying close to the 3mill he's pocketing?

Educational insults??? Did you attend Princeton? If you did how am I to know? How is saying you didn't attend Princeton an educational insult? I don't know in your neck of the woods, but in my local area neighbourhood (DCC ref.) lawyers are not considered numbers guys, unlike IDK... Economists???

I'm arguing RHG is just that, a genius for getting paid 3 mill+ for doing what he does, what are you arguing?

Reaction score
Really 2-3 offers? Anything higher than a QB's coach? Anything paying close to the 3mill he's pocketing?
I fucking said he wouldn't be making the same money. Again, what are you arguing?

Educational insults??? Did you attend Princeton? If you did how am I to know? How is saying you didn't attend Princeton an educational insult? I don't know in your neck of the woods, but in my local area neighbourhood (DCC ref.) lawyers are not considered numbers guys, unlike IDK... Economists???
Oh now you wanna play dumb? I know what you fucking meant. I deal more with numbers than the typical lawyers in your "neighbourhood" apparently. I have said from the beginning that he wouldn't be paid as much. Again, what the fuck are you arguing?

I'm arguing RHG is just that, a genius for getting paid 3 mill+ for doing what he does, what are you arguing?
Finally... Garrett is a genius for getting paid $3 mil a year to be a fucking bitch to his overbearing owner? Well congratulations.

Personally, I'd rather be a genius for, you know, being a football coach, considering that's his job... The only way that's going to happen here in Jerryland is if he gets some fucking balls and stands up for himself. He's not doing himself any favors by being shat on by his owner. If he continues with the results he's gotten with Jerry running the show, he's NOT going to get another good coaching job when he leaves here. And if Jerry continues to act like he is, Garrett's not going to be here for more than 2 years tops. In that situation, he ends up with zero. If he would sack up, maybe he turns things around and gets respect for being a coach, instead of being ridiculed for being a pussy.

How's that for an argument, fuckstick.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I fucking said he wouldn't be making the same money. Again, what are you arguing?

Oh now you wanna play dumb? I know what you fucking meant. I deal more with numbers than the typical lawyers in your "neighbourhood" apparently. I have said from the beginning that he wouldn't be paid as much. Again, what the fuck are you arguing?

Finally... Garrett is a genius for getting paid $3 mil a year to be a fucking bitch to his overbearing owner? Well congratulations.

Personally, I'd rather be a genius for, you know, being a football coach, considering that's his job... The only way that's going to happen here in Jerryland is if he gets some fucking balls and stands up for himself. He's not doing himself any favors by being shat on by his owner. If he continues with the results he's gotten with Jerry running the show, he's NOT going to get another good coaching job when he leaves here. And if Jerry continues to act like he is, Garrett's not going to be here for more than 2 years tops. In that situation, he ends up with zero. If he would sack up, maybe he turns things around and gets respect for being a coach, instead of being ridiculed for being a pussy.

How's that for an argument, fuckstick.

Nice to see you keep your cool during an argument...

No I don't think "Garrett is a genius for getting paid $3 mil a year to be a fucking bitch to his overbearing owner" I think he's a genius for having been payed that for the last... what is it now 7? 8 years? When his Resume would be more in line with being a (maybe by now) OC earning less than a million. Would he rather be a "genius coach"? I'm pretty sure he would and I definitly would love for my team to have one, but all signs point to it not being in the cards for him.

If/since my comment about Princeton seems to have hit a nerve I apologize, it was meant as a joke, I've been to Ivy League schools, many of my friends come from such schools and it's my personal opinion that genius is not a requirement to attend such schools, so my intent was to poke fun at the idea that Garrett is a genius because he went to Princeton.

By my calculations RHG has made 20mill+ in the last 7 years, looking at his body of work/resume/etc. He would have needed at least 15 years to make that, closer to 20 years.

In my way of thinking (and I must say I work to make money) if I could make in 7 years what I should be earning in 15-20 years, I would consider myself a genius and everyone takes shit from their boss, especially if your getting paid way more than you should.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
but Garrett being a puppett and the scouts being yes men effects their long term future no?

they may be making decent money but due to their bad performances (even though mostly Jerry's fault) it means no one or very few others would consider hiring them for equivalent titles(or salaries). So he's not really being a "genius" since his screwing his future earnings. More like a money grab.

Reaction score
Nice to see you keep your cool during an argument...

No I don't think "Garrett is a genius for getting paid $3 mil a year to be a fucking bitch to his overbearing owner" I think he's a genius for having been payed that for the last... what is it now 7? 8 years? When his Resume would be more in line with being a (maybe by now) OC earning less than a million. Would he rather be a "genius coach"? I'm pretty sure he would and I definitly would love for my team to have one, but all signs point to it not being in the cards for him.

If/since my comment about Princeton seems to have hit a nerve I apologize, it was meant as a joke, I've been to Ivy League schools, many of my friends come from such schools and it's my personal opinion that genius is not a requirement to attend such schools, so my intent was to poke fun at the idea that Garrett is a genius because he went to Princeton.

By my calculations RHG has made 20mill+ in the last 7 years, looking at his body of work/resume/etc. He would have needed at least 15 years to make that, closer to 20 years.

In my way of thinking (and I must say I work to make money) if I could make in 7 years what I should be earning in 15-20 years, I would consider myself a genius and everyone takes shit from their boss, especially if your getting paid way more than you should.
I'm not concerned with what he's earned in the past. That's water under the bridge. He may be a genius for having earned what he has so far, but that's not really relevant to the discussion.

If I were sitting where Garrett were today, I would absolutely trade making $3M a year for the next two years with the risk of being fired after that and being viewed as a coach who can be walked over, for an opportunity to make more money as a coach who has the reputation of knowing what he's doing for many more years down the road. Of course, if I had just finished making $20M over the past 7 years the risk of such a maneuver probably wouldn't be as stressful as if I had only earned $3M. And I'm getting ready to start my own business, so maybe that's clouding my perspective.

As for the rest of this stuff... Surely you can understand how I took your question, "I take it you didn't go to Princeton? Not an economics major?" as an insult. I appreciate the apology though.

Reaction score
but Garrett being a puppett and the scouts being yes men effects their long term future no?

they may be making decent money but due to their bad performances (even though mostly Jerry's fault) it means no one or very few others would consider hiring them for equivalent titles(or salaries). So he's not really being a "genius" since his screwing his future earnings. More like a money grab.
Exactly. Would you rather be viewed as a rich Dave Campo or a slightly less rich Jimmy Johnson?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep, Jimmy Johnson still has credibility. He could get a major HC job if he wanted one. Campo is forever stained.

Fox TV ain't paying Dave Campo to be on their national weekly show.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Exactly. Would you rather be viewed as a rich Dave Campo or a slightly less rich Jimmy Johnson?

RHG is no Jimmy, at best he'd be a Chan Gailey Right now. Do you really think he's a hot candidate right now regardless if this season or next he's going to have to start from zero again.

Reaction score
I'm sure you find it really to easy to argue points that aren't being made. But it's not really helpful.

Reaction score
Given the handful of absolutely shitty coaches in the NFL, Garrett will surely get another chance elsewhere at some point down the road. Hell, Chan Gailey even got a chance after a few very meh year at GA Tech, and we all know he's a horrible coach at this point. Teams like Buffalo will probably never attract a legit coaching candidate.

While Ginger is trying to salvage the hopeless situation in Dallas, I bet he regrets not taking that Baltimore job. A sane owner and a sane GM are priceless in the league. We've all learned that the hard way over these last 20 years. He surely would have failed in Baltimore bc he sucks as a coach, but he thinks so highly of himself that I'm sure he does regret it. Especially as Uncle JJ neuters him over and over again.

Top Bottom